West Virginia

University of Charleston

Anybody get married or have a reception at UC? How was it? How was the price? Did you find the staff easy to work with? How was the food? Any recommendations or comments welcome!! Fiance and I are both alums, thinking about choosing it as our venue. Thanks Ladies!

Re: University of Charleston

• loislane906loislane906 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My cousin did his wedding there (on the lawn with the reception inside). It was beautiful, but I don't know what the price was. The only odd thing was that the buffet was set up on the upper level of the atrium with some tables above and some below. Also, the bar was off in a corner. It was a little logistically difficult, but a really nice venue.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cookiet2bcookiet2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on May 28th at UC.  The deposit is 500.00 for the riverbank and reception (we are having ours in the rotundra with the outside patio as a dance floor and cocktails. The price for the riverbank is 100.00 or 1.00 per head and the rotundra and patio are 600.00 for the whole day.  This includes your table linins, tables and chairs for reception, silverware and plating, napkins, etc.  They also set everything up for the reception.  You do have to private rent your chairs for the ceremony.  Lots of options for food (not sure of the taste yet ;)).  One of the big reasons we picked  UC was because they provide alot of help with set up and take down.  Good Luck on all your planning.  I would suggest you give Elizabeth Bair a call.  She is the event coordinator and is very sweet and attentive.  She can answer all your questions.  Good Luck on your planning and congratulations. 

• edited December 2011
    Check about their alcohol policies.   You may not be able to have a champagne toast!
  • edited December 2011

We are having our wedding there October 29th. We are very excited!

• edited December 2011
    I booked it! You can have a champagne toast, you just have to inform her you're doing that. 
  • edited December 2011
    can your guest and you drink?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards