West Virginia

Cake Reception Only

This is my second marriage==for both of us actually.. we just want simple.. what are your thoughts on a cake only reception??

Re: Cake Reception Only

• hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be great.  I really like the idea of just desserts and champagne or if you don't like champagne some punch and spritzer type drinks. What time are you getting married?  In July it can be hot so it would be nice to just have fresh fruit, cool drinks, lemonade even, and dessert.  I think it would be really classy! Good Luck planning!  Check out the reception board too...they have a ton of great ideas!  
  • edited December 2011
    We're having cake with a few fruit and veggie trays. The original plan was to just have cake, but I wanted to have something for our guests to snack around on while we were finishing up pictures. But I see absolutely no problem with it.
    Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is a great idea too! Cake and punch is always yummy. 
  • kizchandlerkizchandler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure about the time yet.. i dont want to sound cheap-- but i would rather save the money for a new kitchen or a nicer honeymoon.. i like the idea of fruits, punches and lemonade.. we are not sure about alcohol yet.. i am open to all suggestions.
  • edited December 2011
    Our ceremony will start at 10:30 and we're not having alcohol because we don't drink.
    Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think that if you have a late morning wedding that you could get away with the cake reception and not seem cheap. Just make sure that your reception will be over in plenty of time for people to be off to get their lunch somewhere else.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • edited December 2011
    If you want something more than cake, try a dessert and/or fruit bar. Have 5-6 different kinds of sweet treats (cheesecake bites, brownie bites, cupcakes, lemon bars, etc.) and then a small cake for you to cut into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards