West Virginia
Options

Engagement Announcement Price for WV Gazette OMG!!

I work in Charleston and thought it would be nice to have our engagement announcement in the Sunday issue of the Gazette...when i got the quote back it was $184 for a quick blurb and a wallet size pic in black and white... please tell me this isn't the norm?

Re: Engagement Announcement Price for WV Gazette OMG!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ad space is very expensive. If you were a company, you would be paying thousands of dollars. Yes, this is the norm. That's why a lot of people don't do it.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    WVUITGradWVUITGrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can post for free at www.mywvwedding.com
  • Options
    ashleyghashleygh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just posted it in my local paper for free..I only wanted to put it in the paper so I could cut it out and scrapbook it. I remember a day when the gazette made money off of their subscriptions, not the birth/wedding/engagement announcements and obituaries. 
    My FILs put our announcement in their newspaper in Niagara Falls, NY, and it was free also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are they smaller papers? Bigger papers usually charge something. Even the paper in Huntington charges at least like $50. So even though it's not as much as the Gazette, it's still not free.

The Gazette considers announcements ad space. Don't ask me why, they just do.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    htipplehtipple member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I know the Cbus Dispatch charges a smaller fee for just a blurb, but once you include a picture that's when the prices go up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards