West Virginia

West Virginia Marriage License

I was wondering if any one on here knows if there is a waiting period for a West Virginia marriage license?  I've searched a few Websites and they either say yes or no, so I thought I would ask you guys :)

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: West Virginia Marriage License

• no there is not a waiting period.  but it does expire if you don't use it within a certain period. there is a waiting period if you are under 18 though.I can't remember when it expires i got mine twenty something days until and  i was good.  I was thinking either 30 or 60 days. i just got married in august 2011 so this should still be true.
  • I'm pretty sure it expires after 60 days.
  • Thank you both!  Made my day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Go to the website for your county's courthouse. I know that in Wood County there is no waiting period, but you must be married within 60 days.
  • This info was great! Does anyone know what I should do if I live in a different county than the one I am getting married in? Thanks :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia_west-virginia-marriage-license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:132Discussion:93ddec0d-8fe5-4942-af62-2a71e862a3dcPost:5b6bf5db-b39f-4cc6-bb41-f3f211146558">Re: West Virginia Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]This info was great! Does anyone know what I should do if I live in a different county than the one I am getting married in? Thanks :)
    Posted by emilyandes[/QUOTE]

<div>The way West Virginia laws are, you have to make sure that either you or your fiance are currently living in the county you're getting married in or else you can't get married in that county. Other than that, there really isn't anything different that you have to do.</div>
  • You have to get your marriage license in the county you reside in. It doesn't matter where you're getting married. Think about destination weddings, you don't live there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards