West Virginia

Coonskin Park? or AAA Entertainment?

Wanting to know if anyone has ever used Coonskin Park for their wedding ceremony/reception? Or AAA Entertainment for photography/dj? I've booked them both and would love to know what personal experiences have been?
Thank you in advance for your opinions

Re: Coonskin Park? or AAA Entertainment?

• sexymandersexymander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have booked Coonskin as well.  I don't know how things will turn out, but I will warn you there is one particular employee who is a pain to deal with.  I've only had to deal with her twice, and she was rude to me and rushed me both times even though she was clearly not busy.  Everyone else seems to be really nice though.

• edited December 2011
    We've booked Coonskin and so far haven't had any problems. The only thing I'm concerned about is there is nowhere to get ready. I'm probably going to have to book a hotel room because I don't live that close to the park. Other than that, everything has been fine for us so far.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    well I will let you ladies know, my wedding is this October 22! I was worried about the getting ready part too! I'm using their wedding garden, which, incase you don't know, is right across from the clubhouse, not sure how that will turn out, hoping for a good day too. Late October in West Virginia is completely unpredictable, sometimes it's 50 degrees sometimes it's 70, we shall see.
  • edited December 2011
    lol i have the same concerns about the weather. I'm getting married in the garden on Oct. 15, 2011. I went to a wedding there before and the bride walked from the clubhouse to the garden. I don't really want to do that, so I guess I'll have to figure something out. Let me know what you do about that and maybe it'll work for me.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My sister did her whole wedding and reception there and it was lovely.  I am also going to be having my reception there I hope I have a good experience.  I have heard from other people that have had their receptions there and they were happyh wtih them.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Coonskin in June. It was very pretty and simple. Everything turned out well. I hope you girls have the same experiences.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    Photobucket
    The blog: Take me home, country roads.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ash10kash10k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do any of you ladies have pictures from the weddings you've thrown or attended? if so, i'd love to view them! i'm having my wedding there in june.
  • Melsie83Melsie83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am in my cousins wedding at coonskin this December we are all holding our breath that it doesnt snow and close the roads!!! Everyone so far has been pretty good to work with though pretty accomodating.

• ash10kash10k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you two ladies will have to update us when your weddings are over. it's getting close! i bet you are both excited. i'm booked for june of this year. we are getting a suite in downtown charleston to get ready that day and the limo will just bring us right up to the garden. we probably will walk from the ceremony to the reception though. it will give us time to start taking pictures while people get moved from one side of the park to the other and get adjusted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards