West Virginia

venues!!

I just got engaged this past christmas and were planning on getting married this july 10th, i have no idea where to have the ceremony and reception. theres not a lot of places around here in charleston. if anyone has any ideas pllllease let me know!!  thanks!!!

Re: venues!!

• WVUITGradWVUITGrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kanawha Country Club
    Capitol
    Women's Club
    Coonskin
    Ramada SC
    Embassy Suites
    Marriott

• edited December 2011

i also got engaged this past christmas.  we are planning to get married this coming winter, however, if i were going to get married in the summer....i would do it at the university of charleston!  i don't know if you're familiar with the campus, but it is beautiful!  the back patio of riggleman hall has a great view of the capital building and the river, and the river bank is beautifully landscaped.  i went to college at u.c. and i saw a ceremony set up on the back patio, and the reception set up in the rotunda.  you should go onto the campus and check it out.  i heard they book up fast, so you might want to hurry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • autummdawnautummdawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my wedding is also in July but it will be on the 18th i am getting married at berry hills country club it is really beautiful there. I really labored over where to have it and Charleston doesn't have alot of places so i would get your place asap because july is a popular month.
  • edited December 2011
    I never really post on here but saw you were looking for venues in Charleston and thought I would offer a suggestion.  I got married at the Clay Center in October in the Grand Lobby. I had the ceremony and reception in the same place. It turned out really great!
  • cassie_KYcassie_KY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at UC this December. We are getting married in the art gallery upstairs and having the reception in the Rotunda. The cost sounds a little expensive ($1,000 for both) but includes tables, chairs, all linens, silverware, dishes, set up, tear down, and people to work it that day. You have the space available the day before for rehearsal and setting up what you want and all day the day of your wedding.

One thing, food must be bought through UC except the cake.

I can't wait! And yes, they book fast. We contacted them last month and got the last spot they had in December.
  • bravesgirlkbbravesgirlkb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes you should start looking into places asap. i was wanting to get married july 17th & called to book the charleston women's club last march for our reception & that date was already taken, so i changed it to july 10th. so sorry you can't pick the charleston women's club for that day. but i would definitely start looking around cause most places are probably already booked up. good luck!
    -- Shane & Kristen <33 --<br>Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    you definitely have to book asap once you figure out where you want to get married

My FI and I are getting married at the Capitol outside infront of the fountain and reception at the women's club of charleston which is beautiful! The great thing is you can pick anywhere outside or in the Capitol building

We also checked out the Marriott which is actually very decently priced to rent but get you with food and alcohol (outrageously expensive)

Other Places to checked out:
    The Embassy
    The Ramanda (SC)
    The Holiday Inn Charleston House
    South Charleston Country Club
    Coonskin
    The Clay Center
    The Moose Lodge
    The Civic Center
    University of Charleston
    The Palms (Huntington)
    Hawks Nest

I have pictures of the Women's Club, Marriott Pavillion, The Ballroom at the Holiday Inn (I think), and the South Charleston Country Club
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards