West Virginia
Options

WV Mansion Weddings

Hi all!  I'm recently engaged and starting the search for a wedding venue.  I currently live in Austin, TX and grew up in Rochester, NY but most of my extended family lives in West Virginia.  So...I've decided to get married somewhere close to Morgantown, WV.  I'm struggling though finding something that fits into my "dream" wedding location and hoping there is someone out there that can help or even give some good suggestions on websites/people who can help!  I'd love to get married in a Mansion that can be converted into a reception/ceremony site.  I plan on inviting ~100-120 people and would like to have overnight accommodations for at least 15 - 30 wedding guests.  It's been so hard to find something that works for this so any help would be great!

Thanks!

Re: WV Mansion Weddings

• Options
    jenmitensjenmitens member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Morgantown and got married there.  Unfortunately, I cant think of any Mansions there.  There are a few, but they are private homes.  The closest think I can think of is Benton Grove.  There are a few nice hotels like The Waterfront or Hotel Morgan.  I had my reception at the WVU alumni center.  I know other people who have gotten married at Lakeview hotel.  If you want to travel outside of Morgantown, you can go to Nemicolin Woodlands, but they are pretty expensive. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the season you're interested in, Linden Hall in Dawson, Pennsylvania might work.  It's about 45 min to an hour north of Morgantown, but it is an old mansion that they rent out for weddings.  You basically rent the entire grounds.  It's beautiful and I considered it for my wedding, but they aren't open in December for rentals due to the roads around there being horrible in snow.  Good luck..

http://www.lindenhallpa.com/default.htm
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket image Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adaland Mansion in Philippi. It's beautiful and a great location for a small wedding. I'm from there and looked into it for my wedding, but it's too small and they wouldn't allow me to do some of the things I wanted to do. Check it out though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not near Morgantown but we are in the eastern panhandle near Harpers Ferry.  New Hopewell is the circa 1774 estate of Thomas Hite.  We just hosted our first wedding and it turned out beautiful..  There were approximately 90 guests and we could have easily handled more.  The wedding was outside in a beautiful pergola underneath large maple trees.  The reception was held in the garden courtyard.  The estate is very historical and many of the guests enjoyed taking a historical tour of the main house and the proserty.  Other guests enjoyed roaming the beatiful property interacting with the animals and roasting marshmallows over the open fire pit.  If you can't find anything closer give us a call and we will be more than happy to help you out!!
  • Options
    starbritte1starbritte1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know of a mansion located more closer to the Charleston area?
  • Options
    There is a mansion in Hurricane, WV (30 min east of Charleston).  I can't remember the name, but it's located on Hurricane Creek Road (Take I64 E to exit 34 and make a right, that's Hurricane creek road) a few miles from the interstate on the left.  The house is a little hidden by trees but you'll know the property by the front gate--it has to bucks with full antlers, one on either side of the gate.  Around here everyone calls it The Castle, and the owners call it ___ Castle.  I can't remember the first part of that but it's something close to Christelle or Crystal.  It's their last name, whatever it is.  I've heard they put a guest limit of around 100 and that they're fairly reasonably priced.  $1,000-$3,000 range for the whole day and all of the grounds.  This may or may not be completely accurate. 
  • Options
    There also used to be the Sunrise Mansion in Charleston in the Louden Heights area.  It's a law office now and I'm not sure if they still do weddings. 
  • Options
    Try the John Crist Lion Heart's Chateau.  Very posh and couture.  It i sglamorous and has beautiful grounds.
  • Options
    Check out the mansions such as Halliehurst at D&E college in Elkins, WV.  My sister is a wedding planner and she has had a couple of weddings there.  She is doing one in a few months there.  I am engaged now.  I lover that she has all the info.  I just really wanted to share that option with you.
  • Options
    Where did u find the number cause I'm having difficulties lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards