Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Creative Ways to Remember Loved Ones?

I lost my mother 10 years ago, my best friend 8 months ago, and my grandmother two weeks ago... Trying to find a way to remember them all without bringing my entire guest list down.... And myself. Any creative ideas on how to remember them?

My only idea was to do something with my bouquet. My mom loved cows, so i thought about maybe wrapping my bouquet with a cow print ribbon... Ive heard of doing special flowers... I just dont know. Very hard to think about and plan this portion of my big day...

HELP!

Re: Creative Ways to Remember Loved Ones?

• Options
    well, on my program i will be putting a small snokflake because it is a symbol of my grandmother. an im having an october wedding. so whatever it is, its ok. even if it doesnt match your wedding.

maybe a candle etched with their names?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted to do something to remember my sister, my brother,my grandmother, and FI's father.. I am having bouquet charms made, and for my sister and brother, I am having an extra MOH bouquet and an extra boutonniere made to place on thier grave. I don't want to do programs, so that's what I've come up with.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your losses.

You could make a donation to a charity that supports women's causes: breast cancer research, women's shelter or a local program that supports women and babies in need. If you like, put a note in your program that a donation was made in honor of your mom, grandmother and best friend. Or you could keep the donation a private matter between you and your loved ones that have passed.

• Options
    My grandfather and FI's grandfather have both recently passed.  To honor them, we are doing a post-dinner toast.  We will be passing out a small tumbler of Irish Mist (my grandfather's favorite drink) and a small piece of FI's grandfather's favorite Polish dessert (I can't even try to spell the name).  I think FI and I will give a quick toast thanking everyone for coming and mentioning the significance of the drink and dessert.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter had lockets pinned to the handle of her bouquet with pictures of her grandparents and uncles who were deceased and she found "locket" cuff links for her husband and she put pictures of his grandparents in them.  There was also a notation at the end of her wedding programs.
  • Options
    I'm going to have a locket with pictures of my grandma and great grandma in it, attached to my bouquet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I will be 25 when I walk down the aisle and I lost my parents in high school, and I also lost my grandfather two years ago. I've decided to have three empty chairs on the front row, filled with pictures of them and other mementos. In lieu of a bouquet, I plan to carry three white roses down the aisle and stop and place them in those chairs before going up to the altar.
  • Options
    yea, i feel ya. It's hard to find a way to honor them with out making it sad. My brother was killed in an accident just a few months ago. We were very close, he was my only sibling. He was supposed to be a groomsman and was so excited about it. We decided not to replace him, but we aren't leaving any empty places for him. I mention him as a groomsmen in the program (with in memoriam next to it) and i'll have a framed pic of him on the sign in table with a candle, and i'll lean his boutineer up on the frame.

One person was right tho, especially with your best friend that recently died (so sorry) and grandmother, be sure to let anyone who was close with them know what you will be doing to honor them, so they aren't taken by surprise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bridalmarchbridalmarch member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I'm all for creative and unique but I think this is one of the occasions where a simple note in the program is more than appropriate. 

If you'd still like do do something more, maybe a small piece of jewelry or make your garter out of a piece of their clothing? Both of my grandmothers are gone, and I'm wearing a brooch in my hair from my father's mother and a small ring on my pinky from my mom's mom. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI's father is deceased.  His mother will carry a small bouquet down the aisle with a bouqet charm attached to it that will have a picture of his father in it.  She will lay it in the chair next to her.  It took my FI a long time to decide how he wanted to honor his father, and this is what he chose. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am planning on having 4 white peonies in my bouquet in memory of my three grandparents who have passed and one for my future hubby's grandfather that has passed. I have a little note in the program saying something like "The bride has 4 white flowers in her bouquet in loving memory of Cleo ____, Marian ____, Raymond _____, and Jack _____" so everyone is aware of it, but it's not as "in your face" as some of the other ideas mentioned. What matters most is that it is meaningful to you and you honor them in a way they would appreciate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards