Not Engaged Yet
Options

The Walking Dead

For all you horror fans, anyone as excited as I am for this show to return?! I love it so much, it's like this awesome never ending zombie movie <3
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: The Walking Dead

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I *love* that show!! When's it coming back?!?!

• Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not soon enough, October 16th :(
  • Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-a-first-look-at-season-2

Season 2 looks just as awesome! I bought the first season and have watched it a few times already, will need to watch it once more before October for a refresher lol
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    Not that far way I guess.  I should rewatch some of the first season so I'm prepared!  October will be amazing with the Walking Dead AND Dexter coming back <3

• Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea Dexter, love that show too! October needs to hurry up and come eeeeeee Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought this was going to be about something else lol... I feel like the walking dead this morning, I am not a morning person and the puppy woke me up 20 minutes early! :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I also am not a morning person at all and sometimes do feel like the walking dead. For a second there I thought there was another horror fan other than Rdr and I..got my hopes up lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This show is amazing! Although he plays a hilbilly in Walking Dead, I love Norman ReedusTongue out
    Rampaging bears are the answer to all of our cultural missteps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry, I can't do horror! I have pretty severe anxiety and suspenseful movies are bad enough, add in gore and my stomach issues pile on the anxiety and I need to GTFO of there asap!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    I don't find The Walking Dead to be scary at all.  I also am a HUGE fan of horror though.  But I think it's way more suspenseful than anything else.  Oh and it can be pretty gory.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For all you Walking Dead fans, you know there is a graphic novel that it's based on, right? I haven't read it myself (yay Robinson Crusoe instead... -sob-) but I've heard it's awesome!

Has anyone read it? Because I kind of need incentive (read: a slight breeze to sway me) to procrastinate homework... ^_^;;
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Read the graphic novel: It goes more into the side characters and is even darker than the show if possible. Bah to homework! If you're into horror I read a great book called "The Monster Show" all about the evolution of scary movies. It was so insightful and awesome. Highly recommend!
    Rampaging bears are the answer to all of our cultural missteps
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    I've never read it but I have heard about it.  I follow The Walking Dead on Twitter & they post stuff about that all the time, I will have to check it out!

• Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_walking-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:018541c2-75db-405e-9a55-95617a18fe42Post:3b7675c1-4057-45fe-9232-7d91b84414a3">Re: The Walking Dead</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I don't think this is a show for me. I don't do well with scary (though <strong>I love the SAW movies</strong> and Dexter is my favorite show -- maybe I just like psychological thrillers and suspense).
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!!
  • Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to read the graphic novel now and I'll let you all know how it is. The Walking Dead does not scare me either, I have yet to see a horror movie that has actually scared me and not just made me jump because of the loud noises in it. Any movie with possession such as the Exorcist freaks me out because of her face but that's about it as far as being scared. My dad had me watching horror movies since I was like 3 so I have become immune. My very first was Pumpkin Head and I am still trying to find it so i can watch it again because I cannot remember it at all but the wax Pumpkin Head guy at the museum in Niagara Falls was freaky as hell!
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_walking-dead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:018541c2-75db-405e-9a55-95617a18fe42Post:c9a4a07a-1da0-4a21-be72-cb9781d2d0c2">Re: The Walking Dead</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to read the graphic novel now and I'll let you all know how it is. The Walking Dead does not scare me either, I have yet to see a horror movie that has actually scared me and not just made me jump because of the loud noises in it. Any movie with possession such as the Exorcist freaks me out because of her face but that's about it as far as being scared. <strong>My dad had me watching horror movies since I was like 3 so I have become immune.</strong> My very first was Pumpkin Head and I am still trying to find it so i can watch it again because I cannot remember it at all but the wax Pumpkin Head guy at the museum in Niagara Falls was freaky as hell!
    Posted by lam2014[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly for me too!  My dad had me watching Nightmare on Elm Street. It was my favorite movie when I was little!  I've never seen Pumpkin Head. </div>

• Options
    lam2014lam2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is Pumpkin Head..he is creepy...

I have a vivid memory of watching Child's Play when i was really young and having to sleep in someones bedroom that owns a Chucky doll and had it sitting on a tall dresser staring at me. This was the same night that I watched the movie..i tossed it out the window lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE] Any movie with possession such as the Exorcist freaks me out because of her face but that's about it as far as being scared.[/QUOTE]

When I was little, I was fearless. Totally and utterly. NOTHING scared me, and I trumpeted that fact to all who would listen.

Then, my aunt challenged me to watch <em>The Exorcist</em> when I was ten... I am not exaggerating when I say that I slept with the lights on (closet, overhead, one under the bed, and in the hallway) for <u>three years</u>. Even at sleep overs. I couldn't even watch <em>Practical Magic</em> because it scared me so badly!

Some movies, man.. they just get under your skin!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards