Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ring Inscriptions

We had our wedding ring inscriptions picked out until the jeweler told us about leaving space for the date. Now we need to either not include the date or include the date and pick a different, shorter inscription. To me, it's more important to have the inscriptions we want than to have the date. Is your wedding date part of your ring inscription?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ring Inscriptions

• Options
    We didn't do any inscriptions.  What you choose to inscribe is up to you -- date or no date, whatever means the most to you.   I don't think the date is "mandatory."
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We're not having our rings inscribed.

My parents do have the date in theirs, and they joke that it helps them remember their anniversary.  That's really the most thought I've given to the matter.  If it's not important to you, you don't need to do it.

I guess unless you're afraid of forgetting your anniversary.  :)
  • Options
    We didn't do inscriptions, but I would think the saying would be more important than the date.  Hopefully you always remember the date.  
  • Options
    we chose each other's and they were a surprise.
    him to me:  "love, John"
    Me to him: "God's love and my heart"
  • Options
    I'd go for the words, rather than the date, but that's me. I have a student who, whenever he talks about his wedding, takes off his ring and looks at the date inside. At this point *I* remember that he got married on January 27... why can't he?! :-P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I worked at a jewlery store for 2 years. I sold thousands of wedding rings in that time and never once saw anyone get a wedding date engraved. So unless it's a new trend I don't think it's that common of a thing.
    I know a personal message would mean more to me than a date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards