Options

He bought a ring!

2»

Re: He bought a ring!

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2012

Welcome!  And congrats...I know my SO has bought the ring too (though I don't know that I mentioned it to other gals here...I'm relatively new too).  Don't start planning...seems like you have that down.  Enjoy the moment. 

Why is your dog naughty?  Mine is too.  He is 100+ lbs of naughty.

Where did you meet online (on what website)?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:17e8bf2e-66c9-4220-8bf0-a50f41b47b4a">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : And kinda mean?
    Posted by akirahwy[/QUOTE]
    If you think that's mean, you're really quite sensitive.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:9af3dffd-ac2b-4910-867b-f781d49f1278">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!  And congrats...I know my SO has bought the ring too (though I don't know that I mentioned it to other gals here...I'm relatively new too).  Don't start planning...seems like you have that down.  Enjoy the moment.  Why is your dog naughty?  Mine is too.  He is 100+ lbs of naughty. Where did you meet online (on what website)?
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

<div>I have 75lbs of a naughty German Shepherd. It's 90% his owner's fault.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:24d868e2-cf76-4159-a487-afa950b12be2">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : Where did she say that? Maybe she's read some reactions to some of the loons here and thought to specify before she was interrogated.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

She said:

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:237b235e-7df7-4a16-8d03-489683abca13">He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I picked out a ring and he bought it!  <strong>And I wasn't shady or sneaky about it...we've been very upfront with each other about the whole situation, which I know is different,</strong> but it's been nice. Anyhow, I'm crazy pumped that he bought the ring...he hasn't asked yet and I'm not sure when he will...but I'm so excited because he's such a fabulous man. The best! I thought I'd post here because I can't really vent to many of my friends about it. I think most of them feel weird that I know about the ring at all. But we're happy and he bought a ring I love and even if he hadn't, I'd still be excited to be his Mrs. someday. :)

Not being shady or sneaky was different... therefore, being shady or sneaky is the norm to her.  Seems pretty odd to me...

ETA:  It came across to me that she is sooo proud of herself for not being sneaky or shady.  I just don't get why you would even say that.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:73bc1436-29ee-4ca6-b08c-d4fc2b36a412">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : If you think that's mean, you're really quite sensitive.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Truth.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    Well, I read that as she thinks it's a little different that they were upfront about the whole situation. She may have the misconception there that not a lot of ladies are that involved it the ring purchase process.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:9af3dffd-ac2b-4910-867b-f781d49f1278">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!  And congrats...I know my SO has bought the ring too (though I don't know that I mentioned it to other gals here...I'm relatively new too).  Don't start planning...seems like you have that down.  Enjoy the moment.  Why is your dog naughty?  Mine is too.  He is 100+ lbs of naughty. Where did you meet online (on what website)?

He likes to eat undies and socks. Well, mostly he likes to capture them and then make us run after him. Just for attention. He's only 17 months, so it's all very normal. We love him though. His name is Walker.

We met on OkCupid! I never thought I'd meet a quality man online, but thru OKC, I met three. Daniel was the third and I fell head over heels in love!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:73bc1436-29ee-4ca6-b08c-d4fc2b36a412">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : If you think that's mean, you're really quite sensitive.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Ya, maybe.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:b2f87520-509c-437f-bbb1-8d21e3398c34">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : I have 75lbs of a naughty German Shepherd. It's 90% his owner's fault.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

Hahah! Ya, sometimes I wish we could devote more time to training, but unfortunately we are both really busy. He's a pretty good dog, just energetic and young. Which is why he eats undies and socks from time to time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:bd386cee-a232-4ed0-b8e7-fa3c40576ea3">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : She said: In Response to He bought a ring! : Not being shady or sneaky was different... therefore, being shady or sneaky is the norm to her.  Seems pretty odd to me... ETA:  It came across to me that she is sooo proud of herself for not being sneaky or shady.  I just don't get why you would even say that.
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

Not proud that I wasn't shady...I just read some of the other posts here and it seems that people will make judgements or jump on a person for certain things if it appears she's being shady or planning a wedding that she shouldn't be planning yet or whatever.  Just wanted to express that I didn't look thru his stuff and find out that he bought the ring...I picked it out and he bought it for me and told me. Wasn't sure if that's common or not.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:285c3e7a-7895-4209-9281-7469a1c3b719">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Remember the Acro though!  Her now husband had it on their dresser for a YEAR. Welcome newcomer.  You might want to think about being a little less sensitive, but you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders.   Tell me your favorite dystopian novel! Mocktail? Fantasy exotic pet?
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

It was on their dresser for a year?? That's something!

I may be sensitive, but I think that's okay. I may interpret something someone says in a way that makes me seem sensitive, but it's just an online forum. I won't lose any sleep over it or anything.

I dunno what a dystopian novel is. Like The Hunger Games? I can get down on a daiquiri from time to time. I like giraffes, but dunno if anyone should own one as a pet...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:d7b222ea-fbd0-45da-9a03-a1daba845e35">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : Hahah! Ya, sometimes I wish we could devote more time to training, but unfortunately we are both really busy. He's a pretty good dog, just energetic and young. Which is why he eats undies and socks from time to time.

<div>That's our problem. He acts out because he wants attention. But, he's right under a year old, so that's a big part of it.</div>
  • Options

Exotic pet?? PETITE LAP GIRAFFE!!!!!!!! (I'm never gonna live that shiiit down)

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    Hi there! I helped my FI pick out my ring also. I didn't know when he bought it though. That was definitely one of the most exciting times of my life (trying on all those pretty sparkly things). I liked having input, I have no idea what he would have picked if I left it completely up to him.

Are you a Steelers fan?
    Where did you go on your last vacation?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:097f4837-447a-455c-9b93-e2ab4542f76d">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Exotic pet?? PETITE LAP GIRAFFE!!!!!!!! (I'm never gonna live that shiiit down)
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

<div>DYING. </div><div>
    </div><div>For those interested, you can get a petite lap giraffe here: <a href="http://www.petitelapgiraffe.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">CLICKY</a></div><div>
    </div><div>And make sure you play him Nikolai Rimsky-Korashov because "it is dream".</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:e20ae327-ba4a-4618-af4b-97dbd91e0047">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : DYING.  For those interested, you can get a petite lap giraffe here:  CLICKY And make sure you play him Nikolai Rimsky-Korashov because "it is dream".
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Hate you and Bri so hard!!! HATE HATE HATE! hahahahaa

Don't forget diet of distilled water and bonzai trees. How did I not realize it was a joke at that point? I don't fucking know. I was just so high on the "HOLY SHlT THESE THINGS ARE REAL!"
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:ebe67efb-dee4-4afb-abee-d8dac6cb014e">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there! I helped my FI pick out my ring also. I didn't know when he bought it though. That was definitely one of the most exciting times of my life (trying on all those pretty sparkly things). I liked having input, I have no idea what he would have picked if I left it completely up to him. Are you a Steelers fan? Where did you go on your last vacation?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I have no clue what he would've picked either. He asked me to send him pics of rings I liked and I was having some difficulty. Then I decided, after some research, that I didn't want a diamond. I feel blessed I found one made by a local artist that I really like.

I LOVE the Steelers. A lot, a lot, a lot!

My last vacation was to Boston. I'm very much due for another one. But way too busy to even contemplate it. What about you??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:5813bd60-60f9-43cb-abad-d0ba821aa722">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : He likes to eat undies and socks. Well, mostly he likes to capture them and then make us run after him. Just for attention. He's only 17 months, so it's all very normal. We love him though. His name is Walker. We met on OkCupid! I never thought I'd meet a quality man online, but thru OKC, I met three. Daniel was the third and I fell head over heels in love!

Funny!  Mine used to do that and still does it (mostly with my bras and SO's shoes) when he gets really mad if we leave to take a walk to the store and don't take him.  Now he's naughty more because of leash aggression (he won't bite, just postures towards other dogs like he's protecting SO and me).  And that is after 3-4 classes and several private trainers (I have a Great Pyr though so they are notoriously hard to train).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:81cc7f8a-219e-4d2d-8c80-60ef854468cd">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : I have no clue what he would've picked either. He asked me to send him pics of rings I liked and I was having some difficulty. Then I decided, after some research, that I didn't want a diamond. I feel blessed I found one made by a local artist that I really like. I LOVE the Steelers. A lot, a lot, a lot! My last vacation was to Boston. I'm very much due for another one. But way too busy to even contemplate it. What about you??

<div>That's awesome! I think he was relieved that I wanted to be involved in the ring-picking process, that way he knew I'd absolutely love it. When we looked, I picked a few that I really liked but left the final choice up to him. He ended up going with a mix of the few that I had narrowed it down to, so it's perfect!</div><div>
    </div><div>Boooooooo. I'm an Eagles fan :) </div><div>
    I have never been to Boston, I'm hoping to rectify that soon, though. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm going down the shore tonight for 10 days, my mom lives in Cape May. I'm excited to get away even though FI can't come. In September, though, we're going to FL for a week together. </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-bought-a-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:04dd8fe9-3a00-4ae2-9c66-1afbbdf69836Post:810d1028-6dcb-4e86-bcf1-8f5ced0cce4f">Re: He bought a ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He bought a ring! : Funny!  Mine used to do that and still does it (mostly with my bras and SO's shoes) when he gets really mad if we leave to take a walk to the store and don't take him.  Now he's naughty more because of leash aggression (he won't bite, just postures towards other dogs like he's protecting SO and me).  And that is after 3-4 classes and several private trainers (I have a Great Pyr though so they are notoriously hard to train).

I really hope Walker gets out of the habit...it's annoying. He's a good dog, just young. He's crate trained, so I dunno when we'll have him oiut of the crate and roaming the halls free. I can't imagine it'll be any time soon. Did you crate your dog?
  • Options
    Chill out. Like they PPs said, it could take months if not longer for him to ask. Heck I know that my bf has had the ring for almost a year now. Glad he's waiting though. :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards