Not Engaged Yet
Options

Bachelorette Recap - such as it is

ETA: Sorry this is long, and turned out as more of a vent than anything. CN version - B-party was both good and bad, and I could use a hug.

So, BFF's bachelorette was this weekend. It was fun - despite the many, many setbacks.

My sister and I got to the hotel early and started decorating and put the food away, and then headed to the restaurant. As we arrived, and my BFF called and said she was on her way with her sister, I realized that it was just going to be the 4 of us and one other girl. EVERYONE ELSE BAILED.

Out of 11 people invited, I had 3 people RSVP no to my invite. I then had 2people say they would be there only during the day, 2 only during the night, 1that was still looking for a babysitter, and 1 that was definitely in for the whole thing. Every single one of them - except for one of the daytime girls - fvcking bailed.

So lunch ended up being 5 people. The scavenger hunt was only 3 people, since my sister and I had to go back to the hotel to finish setting up. And the people that went to the bar were me, BFF and my sister.

There were other issues throughout the day - like I gave them my GPS for the scavenger hunt, forgetting that I had to find my way back to the hotel. My sister and I had to call my uncle and have him talk us through Boston, which ended up with she and I yelling at each other and both of us in tears. I forgot to bring playing cards for games at the hotel before the bar, my camera died and my phone ran out of juice so I didn't get a single damn picture, and I somehow lost the piece of paper that I needed for us to get into one of the bars without paying cover. Also, most of the food I slaved over went to waste because, well, there were only four fvcking people there. None of those things ended up being a huge deal, but it made me feel like total sh!t.

We did end up having a great time with just us, but I felt really bad for my friend. She was upset that no one made her a priority - she said it made her realize who she should not be going out on a limb for anymore. She was so grateful for everything I did, and pissed that more people were not there to see it. She really handled everything very well and managed to have a great time anyway. I love her so much.

At this point, I am just glad that anything I had to plan is over. I'm not looking forward to having to bite my tongue around certain people at the wedding, but obviously I don't want to cause any drama for my friend. Particularly with her rotten, clueless, selfish future in-laws, but that is a whole different story (she just texted me to say that her FMIL told her today - two weeks before the wedding - that they no longer want to do the RD).

Re: Bachelorette Recap - such as it is

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I send hugs and loves and lols.

I'm glad your friend appreciated it, and you.  And I'm glad she recognized that her other friends are bitches.  I feel bad for her though.  :(
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

OH!!! *hugs*  I am sorry that so many people bailed!  But I am glad she had a great time.  You are such a good friend.  I think you should be the official B-party NEY planner! 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHA peek that picture is hilarious!!!

Thank you ladies! Thanks for saying that Ray - after this weekend I felt like nothing should be left up to me to plan ever again. I told my sister I was going to make a list of the things that went wrong so that I don't repeat them for hers next year. She said, "Oh that's a good idea. Pour your heart and soul into an event for someone that matters to you and do an excellent job, and then focus on the negative. Good idea. I think you are missing the point of what you did here a little bit." She is so effing wise.
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Since I just had my bachelorette party this weekend, with some drama of people dropping out thrown in, I can say for sure that 1) Your BFF REALLY appreciated everything that you did to make it a special event for her and 2) It meant more to her that those 4, 5, 6 people participated because she KNOWS those are her real friends.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bachelorette-recap-such?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:07510578-721f-4872-9bec-bbe69ecb47ecPost:9f85cdbd-8d0e-45da-8bfd-b1d3c3531937">Re: Bachelorette Recap - such as it is</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH!!! *hugs*   I am sorry that so many people bailed!   But I am glad she had a great time.   You are such a good friend.  <strong> I think you should be the official B-party NEY planner!  </strong>
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes!! You're such a great party planner! </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  I'm really sorry to hear all that :(

At least your friend appreciated it and enjoyed herself!  That really is all that matters.  When my cousin got married (I was MOH) I ended up hating all her BM.  It will be hard not to say anything to them but the good news is that afterward, you can go home and curse them until you are content! lol
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those people don't know what they were missing out on! That's lame that they decided not to show up, not only for all the work you put in, but for your BFF too. I'm glad that she appreciated the effort you made for it all though! And I'm sorry your camera died and you guys had a few rough moments, but at least you did your job and made your BFF happy, so I'd say it was a success. She'll just have to deal with her friends however she chooses to.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry people bailed and there were some slipups. I can't believe no one even called to say they couldn't come, that's so incredibly rude.

I'm glad that your BFF was so appreciative of everything you did and that she managed to have a good time anyway - that's the most important thing. She's lucky to have such a good friend like you who would work so hard so that she could have a good Bachelorette party. *hugs*

on a side note, WHAT IS WRONG with TK?!? everything is completely out of order still.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *sigh* I am so, so sorry that so many people ended up bailing and didn't follow through on what they said they would do. It's one of my biggest pet peeves, and something that I seem to see more and more people doing :/ I understand that emergencies do come up, but people just don't seem to consider how much planning events can require and that it's better to say that you just can't go if you aren't going to make it.

but I'm really glad that you had fun in the end, and that she still got to have a special night with friends. Hopefully that makes up for it and you can all just move on with what you have upcoming.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh sorry Csousa that it didn't go quite as planned, sounds like a good night was had anyways though! You didn't do anything wrong so your sis is definitely right about you planning her bachelorette party. People are just asses sometimes. But you know what? Your BFF knows who her real friends are who aren't going to bail out on her! I'd rather have a couple amazing friends then a bunch of so so ones.

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bachelorette-recap-such?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:07510578-721f-4872-9bec-bbe69ecb47ecPost:3ca70df5-dd1f-4010-b42a-612ac8515755">Re: Bachelorette Recap - such as it is</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHAHA peek that picture is hilarious!!! Thank you ladies! Thanks for saying that Ray - after this weekend I felt like nothing should be left up to me to plan ever again. I told my sister I was going to make a list of the things that went wrong so that I don't repeat them for hers next year. She said, "Oh that's a good idea. Pour your heart and soul into an event for someone that matters to you and do an excellent job, and then focus on the negative. Good idea. I think you are missing the point of what you did here a little bit." She is so effing wise.
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

Your sister IS wise...this had nothing to do with you, or your planning. This was a case of other people being totally rude and selfish. It's understandable (although obviously disappointing) if they couldn't make it, but it's inexcusable to say you're coming, and then just not show up.

I'm sure your BFF appreciates everything you did for her, and that's what really matters in the end, right?
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Aww Sousa, you're such a great person! I'm sure your BFF appreciates all the hard work you put into planning her bachelorette party.  I'm sorry things didn't go great but I hope those of you that made it had  a really good time!!

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You are all so sweet! I feel so much better after talking to all of you - per usual!! Thanks ladies <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards