Not Engaged Yet

KUI Wednesday

HEEEEY ladies! 

I'm sipping on a glass of wine and watching SVU. What are you up to? How was your day? Tell me what your favorite part of summer is.

My day was good, pretty productive. 

My favorite part of summer is spending so much time with my kids at camp and on mission trips. Sure, I don't sleep, but whatever. 
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: KUI Wednesday

• I can't see your post!! :(
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I had a long, sucky day and I'm utterly exhausted, but I'm holding my eyes open long enough to watch the American Idol finale off my DVR.  NOBODYSPOILITFORMEIMSIRIUSILLHATEYOUFOREVER.

My favorite thing about summer is...  water.  Pools, lakes, beaches, lawn sprinklers...  it doesn't really matter if I can splash around.
  • Aww splashy Elle! I hope AI picks your spirits up. It sucks having a craptastic day. :( 

What is your AI viewing history? I watched season 3 (I think) when Fantasia won. I only watched it because I wanted to be cool at school. It wasn't all that interesting to me. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:74a26a55-d5fb-4555-aea3-da6b80f578cd">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww splashy Elle! I hope AI picks your spirits up. It sucks having a craptastic day. :(  What is your AI viewing history? I watched season 3 (I think) when Fantasia won. I only watched it because I wanted to be cool at school. It wasn't all that interesting to me. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

The first season I really followed was the one Carrie Underwood won, and I've watched most -- but not all -- seasons since then.

Whether or not tonight's finale helps my mood will really depend on who wins. 

How has your week been?  Hey, I'll see you in like 10 days!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:09d74da4-f52a-4aca-8209-cd304eb30def">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI Wednesday : The first season I really followed was the one Carrie Underwood won, and I've watched most -- but not all -- seasons since then. Whether or not tonight's finale helps my mood will really depend on who wins.  How has your week been?  Hey, I'll see you in like 10 days!
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Holy cow you will!! That's so crazy. Are you ready?</div><div>
    </div><div>My week has been really productive, which makes me happy. We finally found an apartment, which is really really awesome. FI's excited about decorating it and getting it fixed up. It's really cute. Our e-pics are coming tomorrow!! </div><div>
    </div><div>FI is really frustrated that I won't move for him to get a job. I think we talked it over, but it didn't help that I was falling asleep, so I don't really remember how the convo ended. I won't be surprised if it comes up again. :/ </div><div>
    </div>

• Oh, and my high school has been making news all week. Awesome. Someone tore up the football field and it's first news story worthy news. 

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:ea2dab2e-438a-4943-a903-c0418df411bf">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI Wednesday : Holy cow you will!! That's so crazy. Are you ready? My week has been really productive, which makes me happy. We finally found an apartment, which is really really awesome. FI's excited about decorating it and getting it fixed up. It's really cute. Our e-pics are coming tomorrow!! <strong> FI is really frustrated that I won't move for him to get a job</strong>. I think we talked it over, but it didn't help that I was falling asleep, so I don't really remember how the convo ended. I won't be surprised if it comes up again. :/ 

Move out of Houston, you mean?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:046de3e1-552f-4a57-a1f6-2bdb6a283097">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI Wednesday : Move out of Houston, you mean?

<div>Yea. I need to stay here, if not for my own job and my kids there, but for my mom's sake. My dad isn't going to last much longer and I can't stand to leave her alone. I told him I'd be willing to move in four years. He was very unhappy about that.</div>

• NOOOOOOO TK!! I was baring my soul!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:6dfbe0c1-8685-40a1-84e9-292f21a52b87">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI Wednesday : Yea. I need to stay here, if not for my own job and my kids there, but for my mom's sake<strong>. My dad isn't going to last much longer and I can't stand to leave her alone.</strong> I told him I'd be willing to move in four years. He was very unhappy about that.

This is a totally legit reason, though, and it's a situation he's been aware of for a long time.  Remind him that, in the grand scheme of things, four years isn't that long.  Plus, Houston is awesome.
  • Elle, this is what I said back:

Yea. I need to stay here, if not for my own job and my kids there, but for my mom's sake. My dad isn't going to last much longer and I can't stand to leave her alone. I told him I'd be willing to move in four years. He was very unhappy about that.

ETA: He wants to move to NE, which I'm totally okay with, but not for another four or five years at least. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:40ac2e5a-ec01-4b47-adb9-a963f762ead0">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI Wednesday : This is a totally legit reason, though, and it's a situation he's been aware of for a long time.  Remind him that, in the grand scheme of things, four years isn't that long.  Plus, Houston is awesome.

<div>Yes, yes it is! He's just a little pissy because none of the sports teams are hiring right now. He has a personality test lined up for tomorrow I think. I really really hope he doesn't bring it up again. I hate using my dad's illness as a crutch...</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:45fa2f3d-af11-4750-af2e-a4679805dff9">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI Wednesday : Yes, yes it is! He's just a little pissy because none of the sports teams are hiring right now. He has a personality test lined up for tomorrow I think. I really really hope he doesn't bring it up again. I hate using my dad's illness as a crutch...

It's scary to get out of school and have to look for that first big job.  Don't be too hard on him.  He'll come around.

P.S.  Just finished American Idol and I am ECSTATIC!  Good job, America.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:c95bf70d-3b27-4e5e-9118-a599e83250ee">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI Wednesday : It's scary to get out of school and have to look for that first big job.  Don't be too hard on him.  He'll come around. P.S.  Just finished American Idol and I am ECSTATIC!  Good job, America.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You're very very right. I think I'm just nervous about having the conversation again. My mind is made up and I feel like a jerk. I actually uttered the words "you can still get out." Man, I suck. I'll change my tone from here on out though. </div><div>
    </div><div>BTW, did you know Ray was trying to read the thread but can't? I think we have cast some magical spell on TK and I don't like it one bit. </div><div>
    </div><div>Yay for the winner! Wooo!

</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-wednesday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0a2279c5-29b1-4e9c-81d0-f38ec1480ab2Post:640dd530-7f73-4519-b31a-894aa1c474bf">Re: KUI Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI Wednesday : You're very very right. I think I'm just nervous about having the conversation again. My mind is made up and I feel like a jerk. I actually uttered the words "you can still get out." Man, I suck. I'll change my tone from here on out though.  BTW, did you know Ray was trying to read the thread but can't? I think we have cast some magical spell on TK and I don't like it one bit.  Yay for the winner! Wooo!

You don't suck... you just don't feel like you have a choice.  BUT, you know very well he has no interest in "getting out".

And we're thread-wizards?  I did cast a protective spell around us.  <em>Cave Inimicum!</em>

Ok, I'm out.  I must sleep.  Night!
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    Goodnight!! Sleep well and wake up to a much much better tomorrow, tears free. :) 

Now, I hope this spell is broken!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards