Not Engaged Yet

Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)

So I was looking at floral designs and I found some excellent SA brides. Some Tuesday entertainment for everyone.

This is everything that I desire for my wedding day hair.

The wonderful pickups, I personally think hers look something like a pillowtop mattress.

Oh, and Kat I found this picture for you. I actually really like it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)

• pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure why but I personally like the pick ups. To each their own I suppose, my dress has pickups but not as many as that one.
  • edited December 2011
    why are you so mean?
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeahhh YELLOW!! i love it! I met with my florist this weekend and will be using yellow fijis, and kermit mums and yellow queen anne's lace. pumped: )

and i also think pick-ups look like down comforters.

• edited December 2011
    Dangit, I was expecting some people of Wallmart stuff, LOL. Anyways, I like pickups but I think it depends on the dress. Some look pretty while others do look like a pillowtop mattress. I also like how one of the bridesmaids in the pink dresses is completely looking the otherway..Cheees---oh look, a bird!
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Pickups are not for me but i can see the appeal on a wedding dress. I cannot however see the appeal of the entire BP having them.

They look like fluffy bowling pins in that picture.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm.  While it's definitely not my style, I don't think there's anything not classy about it.  It's not like their boobs or asses are hanging out.  But no, I don't care for over-styled hair or pick-ups.

You can say boobs and asses but not shiit?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Pick-ups are one of those things that are going to be very dated.  Actually, I think they are already dated.  That is a 'trend' that needs to go away (and should have never occured.) 
  • SarahBethBRSarahBethBR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:96003ccb-28fa-48c2-bd4f-0ccb1e441b8d">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]why are you so mean?
    Posted by OranjeZwanger[/QUOTE]

Seriously.  These ladies are just trying to have the happiest days of their lives.  Why are you judging them?

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Apparently, I need to catch up.  Did the AFSB come back?  Good times.  Now people will see that I am nice as pie compared to others.          
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Mutley, that WAS a terrible trend.

I personally thought the wedding day hair one was by far the funniest!
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:7ea8d16c-bf2b-4d5c-8711-08b24bebfd74">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP) : Seriously.  These ladies are just trying to have the happiest days of their lives.  Why are you judging them?
    Posted by SarahBethBR[/QUOTE]

I judge everyone, it makes me feel like a more complete person. If I could figure out how to PIP Button's button I would, but alas, that is one of my inadequacies as a human.

Ana-- I thought I've done it here before, but the keeping it classy, SA is a joke that we use here when someone does something that we find dubious. Like the  insanely timed traffic lights. Not actually classless, that would be klassy. Oh well, it doesn't matter. I was entertained. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:8bd3463e-644a-4143-92fa-cabf3a7bed15">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP) :   I judge everyone, it makes me feel like a more complete person. If I could figure out how to PIP Button's button I would, but alas, that is one of my inadequacies as a human.
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Well in that case....

Your wedding colors are very McDonald'sesque.  Hope that's the look you're going for.

Your inability to copy an image location and your misunderstanding of what classy means (traffic lights?) is astounding.

I'm really glad your fiance asked your aprents for permission, though.  Now he can feel good about claiming his property.  I hope they gave him a sizable dowry to take you off their hands.

You're right.  I feel much better now.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:9548da5b-40ae-44bb-95b3-b3da391b7bd2">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently, I need to catch up.  Did the AFSB come back?  Good times.  Now people will see that I am nice as pie compared to others.          
    Posted by **Mutley**[/QUOTE]

Yes. In force.

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:f6b442a8-c42e-4154-a6dd-e8cd81ac9ab6">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP) : Yes. In force.
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]
    3-4 people is not "in force"
  • edited December 2011
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:7eaaf4d9-db04-4474-bf60-f13caaa429f7">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wedding colors are very McDonald'sesque.  Hope that's the look you're going for.

Haha, Hetshup. Perfect. Now you can dump those caterers you were asking about and just take your guests through the dollar menu!! brilliant!
  • edited December 2011
    Oceana, there are a bunch more of them.  I find them funny.  Much better posters than all the freakin' newbs lately.  Then again, I like dry humor and don't take the internet seriously.   

OranjeZ, where do you post now?  SB seems to be sucky lately.  I used to lurk, but now, not so much due to to the weird shift.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:a168a33b-bb69-4952-96aa-2e62a699d038">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP) : Haha, Hetshup. Perfect. Now you can dump those caterers you were asking about and just take your guests through the dollar menu!! brilliant!
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

::snort::

I'll take a six-piece nugget combo.

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:a168a33b-bb69-4952-96aa-2e62a699d038">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP) : Haha, Hetshup. Perfect. Now you can dump those caterers you were asking about and just take your guests through the dollar menu!! brilliant!

Yeah, it's going to be awesome. 'Cause I got a cow as a dowery (I KNEW I should have stayed a virgin!), we're just going to serve Patty to the guests. It makes it so much easier. We're thinking about milking her first to get the cheese though.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll take the McChicken from the dollar menu please.  That will definitely lower your catering bills.  AWESOME.
  • edited December 2011
    Please tell me you're renting a McFlurry machine.

• edited December 2011

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:378204f7-9c9a-485a-9d3c-39e5bacafc5f">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjCF5fWAItI" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjCF5fWAItI</a>
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]

Ba da da da da, I'm lovin' it

Can you give away little matchbox cars and mini Barbies as favors?
  • edited December 2011
    Hah!  There goes the sobe..

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:4a98136d-057d-4e8e-b476-fb5d46b82a41">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP) : Ba da da da da, I'm lovin' it Can you give away little matchbox cars and mini Barbies as favors?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:4a98136d-057d-4e8e-b476-fb5d46b82a41">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP) : Ba da da da da, I'm lovin' it Can you give away little matchbox cars and mini Barbies as favors?

I'm RSVPing YES.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too bad your wedding is in October.  You'll miss out on the McRib and the shamrock shake.

But it is Monopoly season, which was obviously your first priority.  As it should be.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • edited December 2011

I miss getting Barbie happy meals! LOL My mom and I were talking the other day and she said I had over $300 in McDonalds happy meal toys. I'm an only child so she'd take me to "socialize" with other children, LOL

Anyways- Hetshup, I think you should either plan a quicky for this month or postpone your wedding until next March so you can have shamrock shakes!
    imageimageimageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:bda372a9-ef6a-4182-a630-709bf4265d61">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]T But it is Monopoly season, which was obviously your first priority.  As it should be.

You could MAKE money on this wedding! Just force your guests to give you all their game pieces.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wow-san-antonio-way-keep-classy-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0ab8a0e7-3b03-4de5-bd2b-5666ba13fbacPost:bda372a9-ef6a-4182-a630-709bf4265d61">Re: Wow San Antonio, way to keep it classy (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Too bad your wedding is in October.  You'll miss out on the McRib and the shamrock shake. But it is Monopoly season, which was obviously your first priority.  As it should be.

When does the McRib get released?
    We don't get those.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ekath-- In all seriousness, those shamrock shakes terrify me. I find them completely creepy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards