Not Engaged Yet
Options

vent.

My good friend who moved to Seattle last October came to visit. While I know she has other people to see, she only stayed with me 1 of the 6 nights, and this other girl for 3 nights, and another mutual friend for 2 nights.  I offered our house up and making plans with her when I'm not at work most days/evenings. I cleared my plans for all 6 days, aside from work. I have tried to be diplomatic and non emotional about it, but between you all, I feel like I was her "second choice" for plans. I feel gipped. Makes me sad. I really miss having a best friend and at one point she was my best friend.

To add to this, DH and I have been bickering about chores and it didn't help that I haven't gotten as much done as I'd promised because I was busying myself with the minimal plans that I had with my friend. In the long run I'll always have DH, but I feel like I kind of wasted emotion and time with her when I should have been honoring my promises (about stupid chores) to my DH.

I'm 3 days pre menstrual cycle. All I wanna do is eat chocolate peanut butter M&Ms and cry.

www.nurseyk.weebly.com

Re: vent.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    The fact that we're newlyweds and she is single probably wasn't as much of  factor as the fact that we are far from everything and we don't have a pool. It's been in the 80s here and that's all she wanted to do with other friends (while I was working).

Hi my name is nursey and I feel pathetic tonight.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    That sucks Nursey! *hugs* I really miss having a BFF too (well one that isn't a 10 hour drive away). I'm sure she didn't mean to be hurtful but that doesn't mean it hurts any less.

• Options
    That sucks Nursey I am sorry *hugs*  Did she express any interest in staying with you before?  Sorry that you are bickering with the DH
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    I've been there before.  After high school (ten years ago), I had a couple really close friends move away and it seems like whenever they came in town, I was the last one out of the group of us that got invited to attend get-togethers, etc.

I finally just stopped caring.  If they don't care, why should I?

I'm sorry that you feel hurt and I hope it all works out.  Feel better!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards