Not Engaged Yet
Options

Does this bother anyone else?

The sound of someone filing their nails? Because my co-worker is doing it right now and I can't stand it but my ears are very sensitive to it - I can hear the squeal the tv makes when it's left on with nothing playing on it tooI have a headache now and it's only hour 3 of 12...

Re: Does this bother anyone else?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Eek, I really do not like that sound! The other sound that just drives me crazy is when my co-workers will chew with their mouths open. I hope that your headache gets better soon :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That stinks. My ex-fiance was that way. He hated it if I was filing my nails he would cringe if he even saw the file.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't even own a nail file because I can't make myself use it for more than 6 seconds. The filing thing is also why I almost never get my nails done because the person doing them always files my nice long nails into oblivion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No I don't think I would notice if someone was filing their nails in the next cube.  What I do hate is when people eat burnt popcorn.  Gross smell lingers all day.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The woman's voice on Knot tv that starts off with "I have secrets...." is so annoying that I have to mute the sound before I log into the forums. When I forget to mute and that commercial comes on I just want to throw my laptop out the window.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should bookmark the non-knot tv version.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    notquiteblushing~~omg love ur siggy pic...i love that movie!
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahah omg i hate the i have secrets lady, i do the same thing when i log on, partly because i'm at work and it's weird to have that balring out of my computer when i forget to put it on mute....ps i hate the sound of people filing nails as well as gross food eating noises, once i hear someone loudly chewing/swallowing etc i become fixated and cant think of anything else, ew!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A girl in my department will whip out her nail file in the middle of class and just start filing (and we're talking a class with 5 people, so it's noticeable).  Drives me nuts all the time. What is worse to me is smacking while eating food. Most.annoying.sound.ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is people cracking their knuckles.  I have a weird aversion to it.  Whenever I hear it my entire body tenses up and I cringe.  It's common for most people to do this, so I just try and ignore it if it's just one or two knuckles.  But I usually break down if it's one of those "I'm going to pop every joint in my body" moments and will ask them to stop or make an excuse to leave.Every day I feel lucky that I have an office with a door, even if it doesn't have any windows.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    Lilika FlowerLilika Flower member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nails aren't a big problem for me but I completely agree with the electronic buzzing (tv, radio etc) being annoying.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Filing doesn't bother me as much as nail clipping. And if you break a nail and have to fix it, it's one thing, but to clip all of your nails at your desk just grosses me out. I consider that personal hygiene, which should be done at home, not at the office or on the bus. (gag)
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pirata - one of my other coworkers clips his nails almost every day too - it drives me up the wall
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, it's like (no pun intended) nails on a chalkboard to me. When I get my nails done, I literally have to tune my manicurist out when she's filing my nails, it makes me cringe.

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards