Not Engaged Yet
Options

I'm North-bound :)

I'm headed North this weekend to my Grandparents cottage. The weather is supposed to be crummy, but I love it up there nonetheless. What are your weekend plans? Also, remember all the good stuff (or bad, I suppose) that happens here over the weekend, I'll need to be filled in come Monday.
He pretty much had me at "hello".
-- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --

Re: I'm North-bound :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wheres north bound?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm southbond to NYC to have dinner with both my parents and FIs for the first time ever.  I'm skeered.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    AHHH! NQB!I'd be terrified (which is of no help to you)! When my parents meet BF's parents, I am so worried there will be nasty looks, because my parents know how awful his have been to both of us for the entire duration of our relationship.My mom can't wait to be BF's mother-in-law, though. She's the type that she'll probably tell him he can call her "Mom" as soon as we're engaged. I <3 my mom. :)This weekend, this weekend... hmm...I think BF is giving me an allowance so I can go buy new clothes at Old Navy tomorrow. I'm also volunteering, which I do every Saturday anyway. So not really much.Oh! Oh! Tonight I'm making avocado enchiladas!!!! YAY!!!! I <3 avocado.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Avocado enchiladas you say?  Hmm, I just happen to have the ingredients for that at home in my fridge so that's a good idea.  Not sure I have the energy though.  Going home and then to the gym and then out to a concert tonight...only to wake up and get on the road tommorrow.I'm sure the meeting will be okay.  FI's dad may wear jeans and my parents will definitely side-eye his pony tail but what am I gonna do?  It's not my fault my parents are stuck up and FI's parents are hippies.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, you'll be fine. Just watch "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." Or one of the numerous other movies about different upbringings coming together for a wedding.Whatever.My dad is a stubborn, loud-mouthed hillbilly, and my mom is a bubbly social butterfly (decidedly NOT hillbilly). My BF's mom is snobby and holier-than-thou, and BF's dad doesn't talk at all.So, if a weird "omg is this going okay?" feeling comes over you, just remember me. You know, little ol' jeana, who will one day have to throw her parents together with BF's parents and hope nobody dies.Your meeting thing will be juuuust fine. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL thanks that does make me feel slightly better in a peverse way.  :-)

My Blog

• Options
    Ashleigh8Ashleigh8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm headed to my grandmothers this weekend..... where my mom and I are going to pull out her wedding dress... somehow hopefully without everyone in the house knowing about it!! (My grandmother has the mouth of the south and would tell everyone and I don't even have a ring yet!!)  Then it will be the deciding on if I want wear it or not... Ought to make for an interesting weekend to say the least.
  • Options
    PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, your encounter would make for a great sitcom, NQB. Either way, I'm sure it'll be fine. At the very least, it'll be entertaining, right?
  • Options
    hisgoldeneyeshisgoldeneyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck NQB!!! I think both sets of ours have met but my mother can't stand his mom because she swears my MIL is to blame for me moving out.  And how MIL went about it the wrong way or w/e lol.  I'm not worried about our parents I'm worried about our extended families his cousin's and my aunt or w/e.  His family is drink until you can't see straight and my aunt still lies to people about us living together.  lol so that should be great fun come any wedding related or big get-togethers we might have.  I'm not doing anything out of this world this weekend. I think we're going geocaching tomorrow? lol I dunno why BF just came home saying we were doing that so lets see how it goes.
  • Options
    saralinn1saralinn1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am helping with a bachelorette party for a friend that gets married next weekend. Should be a lot of fun. Don't have many close friends but she is one of them so I am excited.As for families Bf dad and I don't even speak the same language so it is always interesting when we get to be around each other. Some of his family parties more than mine so the reception should be interesting as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards