Not Engaged Yet
Options

The "m" word

My Bf talks about getting married a lot and i know it's close. It's just funny cuz i avoid the "m" word all the time because i dont want him to think i'm pushy or that it's always on my mind but he says it all the time! in the car the other day i said "i can't believe it's almost august!" and he replied "i know. We need to get married!" Its just funny because i think he wants to say it to get comfortable with the idea of it. He says it all the time now.. . Anyone else agree guys say it out loud to get comfortable saying it or with the idea of it? everytime he says something I dont really say anything back but in my head i'm screaming well stinkin ask!

Re: The "m" word

• Options
    trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My SO talks about it a lot. I don't think he's saying it to get used to it, but all i ever hear is when we get married or him talking about babies.lol. If it was up to him, he'd flush all my BC pills down the toilet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same with mine! Haha that's hilarious. I skipped 2 pills and told my bf and he's like oh well, if it happens it happens. um NO! i'm telling u so it DOESN'T happen. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My SO talks about it all the time too. Its sweet but then I also feel like talking about it too much might kill the effect of the proposal.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree talking about it might kill the surprise that's why i always change the subject but then i dont want him to think i'm avoiding it! It is nice to know it's soon though.. :)
  • Options
    trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL. Mine says if it happens it happens also. I just laugh and think about future babies. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's completely adorable. You should probably start saying things back or else he'll think you don't want to get married!
    No amount of education could convince Betty to be nice to possums
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine doesnt talk about weddings but about having kids. No way are we having kids unless we are married so he best be asking me that important question soon, especially since he is thinking of having one at 28 0r 29 and we both will be turning 26 in the next few months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards