Not Engaged Yet

We got tattoos!

I've always wanted to get a tattooed ring, but we decided to be more creative. So we went and I got "hers" and she got "his" tattooed on the inside of our ring fingers. Check out the picture. Let me know what you think! :)

Re: We got tattoos!

• edited December 2011
    Wow, you are braver than me! #1 for enduring the pain, and #2 because I am afraid tattoos "jinx" the permanence of a relationship... but that's just me, and honestly they look AWESOME, so congrats & good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    warning: no organization to this post, whatsoever. It is a bunch of random thoughts about tattoo tingsThe pic looks neat. but painful. eek!My mom mentioned she wanted to do this when her and her FI get married since he will likely lose his ring at work and she doesn't care for jewelry.This wouldn't work for me.  I don't like tattoos in general. (Again, for me, not necessarily for other people)If that's your style, then sweet. I think this is worthy of an "awww"
  • edited December 2011
    oh wow - I have to honestly say that I am not a fan of doing this but I don't have a problem that other people do it. That being said it does look good!Some of my fiance's former co-workers did this because you can't wear jewelry in the fire department and they didn't want random women hitting on them
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *rings not tingsand they really look good, too!
  • edited December 2011
    whos idea?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ummmmm.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look like you wrote them with sharpie. I personally wouldn't do this unless I was already married, and even then.. not sure. I would have had a better font used so it doesn't look like you got bored and wrote on your finger during english class.But, whatever works for you.  If you like it, great! Because that'll be there for awhile.
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and what's with the barely visible pen writing still on his hand? practice run during study-hall?
  • edited December 2011
    Why do these look like they were done with a bic pen? Are they on the inside of your hands just in case things don't work out? I know I've always wanted to be stamped as someone's property. Oh boy is that romantic!
  • tbh33tbh33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely NMS. I'd definitely worried about the tattoo curse (think Pam Anderson and Tommy Lee).  At least you got it under the finger where it can't be seen, and you didn't get his name.  His could refer to any guy in your life at the time.
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm big on tattoos, and I plan on getting a ring tattoo, but these don't look good. My first response when seeing it wasn't "oh how nice". It was, "wow that looks poorly done, I wonder if they had a friend do it for free".
  • tpaigejrtpaigejr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, ouch. I'm asked to stick around because I'm one of the only guys who post here, and then get a lot of people bashing the tattoos I just got. Maybe try and have some common courtesy people? Please keep in mind this is directed at those who bashed the tattoo, and not those who said it wasn't their thing. First off - the tattoos look like they were drawn on by a marker or pen because they're brand new and when you get a new tattoo by a good artist, they get swollen and the ink looks shiny because of the a&d. Also keep in mind that it's LINEWORK in a picture that was shrunk down. So... no need to be jerks. To the person who made the comment about being "stamped as someone's property" - BITE ME. You can choose to look at it however you want. For us, it's a romantic gesture. You could look at a wedding ring the same way if you wanted to.Those of you who made sweet comments about it, thank you. I can definitely appreciate the concern about jinxing it, haha. My mom shares the same sentiment. We're not really worried though. And no, we didn't get it on the inside because we wanted to hide it... it was more for jobs. Haha, sometimes it's hard to get a job with hand tattoos (this coming from the guy with a full sleeve that goes down to his wrist!).Sorry for going off, but I felt like some of the comments were really mean and unnecessary. Then again, I guess I did ask for opinions... my fault...
    edited December 2011
    Bashing your tattoo was necessary, so for that I apologize. Matching tattoos before being engaged is risky though, and the design is NMS.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a much more fair response. I can appreciate that. We went with a simple script for the design because anything more intricate would most likely either bleed out or fade because of its placement. I have lots of really beautiful tattoos, but we opted to keep this simple.I definitely understand the risk though. She and I talked it out and we knew what we were getting into. Thanks for the apology.
    edited December 2011
    Isn't it prone to fading regardless of the design? The last tattoo shop I went to wouldn't even do finger tattoos for that reason.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I guess it's less of fading, more of bleeding out. Like with a complicated design, it would have to be more intricate linework in such a small area. A more basic design that fades or bleeds would still look good. Hand tattoos generally fade.I want to get a better picture, but I'm going to wait until they heal up some.
  • edited December 2011
    You didn't do some fancy design to look like a ring or even use a romantic saying. No, they say HIS and HERS. That means you are both STAMPED. Get over it. You're talking to woman you don't know online, get a thicker skin or get off the knot. If you think anyone was mean here, maybe you should have looked at the thread on P&E where more of the blunt people decided to talk about your "beautiful tattoos"
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [i]You can choose to look at it however you want. For us, it's a romantic gesture. You could look at a wedding ring the same way if you wanted to.[/i]Sure, but if you get a divorce, that's there forever. Hell you aren't even engaged yet. I just think it's a little ridic.I am a tattooed person and so is my FI, but neither of us would ever get a tattoo for the other one. We are both realistic that sometimes relationships end. Not that ours will, but I'd rather not be stuck with something that needs to be expensively lasered off later.
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [i]I'm asked to stick around because I'm one of the only guys who post here, and then get a lot of people bashing the tattoos I just got. Maybe try and have some common courtesy people?[/i]Awwwww well then obviously we should all be super nice to you then. You know...since you're a token male. *eyeroll*
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. Those words never came out of my...fingers. All I'm saying is people could be courteous. I'm not asking for everyone to be all cuddles and kisses. It's cool that you disagree with us getting tattoos, that doesn't bother me. I just think a few people could have not been so mean about it. But it's all good. I know which people to ignore :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not exactly sure why you got so upset that some people don't like your tat. If I put up a picture of my mine, I'm sure not everyone here would like it. Actually, my bf and I talked about getting tiny tats on our ring finger after we got married. However, my last tat hurt like hell, so I pretty much said no more.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, back to trolling. Figured this "community" was helpful, but I'm guessing not. Thanks to the few of you with positive responses. Possibly might post again from time to time.
  • magsugar13magsugar13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all from a person who has tattoos, it isn't such quality work. the H looks like a K and most good artist would not do the insides of your fingers. 2ndly, you guys aren't even engaged so it is a totally stupid idea! At least it is in a place not many peopel will see. Finally, you are acting like a 2 year old, so what people don't like it. you opened the door for a difference of opinions. Tattoo's are always going  to be controversial, but add that to the temper tantrum and it all equals one thing...you REALLY didn't want to know what people really thought, you wanted to hear all good things!Sorry, we are honest and opinionated, and if you want rainbows and puppy dogs, you need to go somewhere else.So, stop stomping your feet, collect your toys, and GBCK!!!!!
    Spring Break 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like any tattoos so don't take it too personally why I say yours are gross.  That being said, there's plenty of people here who I disagree with on a lot of subjects but they contribute to the discussion.  Stick around and be yourself.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would never get those.. only because I am too scared to get a tattoo!You two are very brave getting those. Personally, I don't care what other people get tattooed on themselves. It if makes you two happy then that is all that matters. (I am just glad you didn't get each other's names tattooed on yourselves). I actually think they are kind of cool :)And definately don't let some girl's crude comments get to you. Although there are many nice people here some can be complete b*tches. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have "linework" tattoos... and they didn't look like that at all when I got them.  They really do look like sharpie. 
  • edited December 2011
    Even though i'm not a tattoo person my BF is & I have to agree with Shellybeth. If this is what makes you both happy then who cares how anybody else feels! The only thing is, piggy-backing off NQB, once u've posted here the topic is open to EVERYONE'S opinions & unfortunately they may not be the ones u expect. Just be happy that u're both totally stoked & keep posting cuz we need a guys' opinion once in a while! Best of Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    OP, you are way too sensitive. you asked for opinions and you got them. I don't think you and your gf's tattoos look very nice. But in the long run, who cares? It's not on my body.
  • bextabishbextabish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, there is more snarkiness on this board than on the rest of theknot combined. Is it required that you be harsh and a complete killjoy to anyone that comes onto this board? It's like the popular crowd in middle school, but in reverse. tpaige, if you and your man are happy about your tats, enjoy them together, and don't let people ruin your fun.
  • bextabishbextabish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *"you and your woman
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards