Not Engaged Yet
Options

Giddy!

I move out of my parents house (hopefully for good this time!) in 1 week. I'm doing some shopping for the move tomorrow (and going to look at the place again to give me a better idea of what will fit and where), and I'm getting pretty excited! So, given that most of you have probably moved at least once, suggest things I will probably forget (you know, like a can opener, or shower mat, or extension cord etc). OK go! (TIA!)
He pretty much had me at "hello".
-- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --

Re: Giddy!

• Options
    fletch102483fletch102483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    toilet paper, shower curtain, towels!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    plunger! I forgot one until I needed it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot a plunger, can opener, and a spatula/flipper over thingy.Hard to cook when all you have is plastic silverware and one small pan.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot tolet paper holder, bathroom mat, hangers, lamps. I had to go buy silerware, cups, and soething to cook with and in. Fastfood and going out gets expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only thing we really forgot was a plunger.I'm sure there were other things that I originally forgot, but I moved out of my parents house about a decade ago (yes I'm ancient, I know), and my memory isn't that great.  You'll find along the way that you need things, but as long as you have the necessities, you'll be ok.My necessities include:  shower curtain, towels, bath mat (or towel on the floor), plunger, toilet paper, paper towels or napkins, at least one pot and one skillet, some sort of baking dish (Pyrex type that can go in oven for casseroles, etc.), plates, bowls, cups, silverware, basic cooking utensils like large spoons/wooden spoons/spatula/can opener, trash cans for kitchen and bathroom, a couple basic extension cords, a couple of those converter things that change a one outlet into three outlets, a surge protector or two for any expensive electronics, sheets and blankets, pillows, hangers, dishwashing soap/detergent, clothes detergent, vacuum cleaner of some kind, windex, basic cleaner like 409, some kind of toilet cleaner (I use Comet), and picture hanging stuff if you need it (they usually sell them in kits).Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Garbage can & garbage bags. And Lightbulbs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OOOO yes! I forgot about lightbulbs! Always good to have extras on hand.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    viola5618viola5618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree witrh beach. also, befor e you buy groceries make sure the fridge works. ice cude trays help make sure the freezer freezes. thermometer.... i bought one eventually because my first freezer was exactly 32 and would freeze my ice cre lol. oh and a thermometer for the over(you maay be able to forgo this if it's new)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh...a plunger...TOTALLY forgot about that. Thank you for that!! Last time I moved out, which was a year ago, I forgot an extension cord, power bar, and hangers (to begin with...there were a few other things along the way, like a juice pitcher).
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • Options
    shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately bring clean towels, shampoo, conditioner, etc. for the "move day" You are going to be moving and get all hot and sweaty.. trust me when you want to shower you don't want to have to drive to the store to get all that first!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Day Of:- Toilet paper- Cleaning supplies (windex, bleach, paper towels, etc.)- Lightbulbs- Garbage bags (you will end up throwing stuff away!)- Paper and pen (to write down things you need as you think of them)- Directions to the nearest Home Depot and Walmart (to tackle that list that you will accumulate)In General:- Toilet plunger- Flashlights with batteries (you won't remember you need them until the first time you lose power!)- Surge protectors for major electronics (TV, computer, etc.) (will save your electronics if the power goes out in a storm)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ps. If you're moving with a pet, make sure to bring a bowl and water while you're moving stuff in/cleaning. We were hydrating our poor dog with water bottles we bought from Walgreens across the street.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of making a list for each room.I moved four times in three years (super fun, I know you're jealous! lol), so the big one is always toilet paper. Actually, the PP suggestion of stuff for a shower the night of move in day is a really good suggestion!Here's a weird one...CURTAINS. One place I lived I didn't think to bring them with me and I had to get changed in the bathroom until I got them. Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards