Not Engaged Yet
Options

Everyone else is doing it

I skipped intros, oh well.Surprise! I'm not engaged!I'm not planning a wedding!I'm not even expecting to get marrried!Matter of fact, I'm not even divorced from my first husband yet! oh noes!I'm just a lurker, and I give my two cents here and there.Everyone else's joy brings me happiness, pretty pink butterlifes, happy happy hoo-ha smiling babies and fuzzy kitties and puppies, rainbows and birdies wheee /vomit... and I also like to talk young brides out of marrying.  From experience, its effing stupid.mkay. back to lurking.

Re: Everyone else is doing it

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, Chunkobutt! I love your sig pic, it reminds me of my kittes, who are not kittens, but still like to bite each other because they luuuuurve each other. :DNice to have you around!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! What is your definition of a 'young' bride? Just out of curiousity?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think "young" depends on the person. Although, girls who are not old enough to drink are pretty much "young" in my book.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anyone from the 18-22 crowd.  There's a lot of growing up to be done in those years. If a girl can grow with her BF into adulthood, and manage to not grow apart, then great.  They don't need to get married right away is what I'm saying.
  • Options
    pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    edited December 2011
    best. intro. ever.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think "young" depends on the person.It really does, but the majority of people who are 25 don't think the same as they did when they were 21.  Their priorities have changed, responsibilities have usually grown, outlook on 'what a happy life might be' have possibly changed. People change their minds. Last year Chickypoo  may have wanted to marry a rock star but this year she thinks she would fare better with my best friend from college, Chickypoo used to LOVE gothic but now she's a hippy chic etc.  Everyone grows, sometimes couples grow closer, sometimes they grow apart.
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    I was guessing that age range and I agree completely. I was just curious is all. I wasn't worried about being included in the young bride category as I'm inching ever so close to 28. I agree that growing up and experiencing life is a great idea! Thinking back to when I was 22... wow am I ever different now! When I tell bf stories from then he doesn't believe me. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loopy same here, bf always thinks I'm being funny when I tell him how I used to be.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although, girls who are not old enough to drink are pretty much "young" in my book.I agree! I was reading a post on the Honeymoon boards and there is a girl asking what there is to do for her honeymoon in Las Vegas since she isn't old enough to drink or gamble.. I just about died laughing! Maybe it is just me, but if you can't do either of those things why go to Vegas and not somewhere else?
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Boys, what are you going to do with them??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL shelly. She should have gone to Mexico--- drinking age there is 18 and they rarely card anyway!I was engaged at 19. Big mistake. I am a totally different person now. More mature, more independent, I know myself better, and I know what I want instead of just settling for whatever comes along.I see no harm in waiting. There's NO REASON to get married at 18, 19, 20, etc...So, Chunkobutt can be our resident "Waiting can only make things better" person.Of course, then you get the girls who will say (like that one did) "Well, if waiting will always make things better why is getting married at 26 okay? What if you change by the time you're 30? What if you change all the time? When do you STOP waiting?"Then, the rest of us can say "You'll understand when you're older."
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Then, the rest of us can say "You'll understand when you're older."but like, I'm SO in love, and we are SO mature, and you're all bitter old wives! OMG go knit something! like, I'm totally going to weddingbee instead.ok srsly.  back to lurkitude.
  • Options
    shellybethshellybeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I am ever going to be "mature" to be honest :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards