Not Engaged Yet

What do you love/hate in a wedding dress?

2»

Re: What do you love/hate in a wedding dress?

• edited December 2011
    hmm a little late on this but I want to play! Love: all-over lace. key hole backs!! (or just something really interesting going on in the back!) sweetheart neckline illusion necklines. something between an a-line and trumpet (or from what I've seen). bows/flowers or something going on like that. and actually i love tea-length dresses (so darn CUTE!), but I don't know if that's something I would want to get. Hate/Dislike (or maybe I just don't think would be right for me): -sashes. just not really a fan. -strapless (obviouslly an agreement, but for 1) I think a lot of them look the same and 2) i'm a big boobed girly..it wouldn't work out so well) -anything that looks like a prom dress -anything too sexy (i mean really..even if you're not in a church, your whole family's there) -something that you've seen 8.4 million times. - t-shirt topped dresses. I know most of these are for religious/church reasons...but doesn't a bolero/cute jacket/attractive sleeves cover the same amount of skin?
  • edited December 2011
    Love: - dress with straps (v-neck, off-the-shoulder, halter)- champagne/ivory combinations (LOVE!)- dresses with full skirts but not crazy poof- tea length dresses- nearly translucent simple veils- birdcage veils- lace boleros Hate: - Pickups- Dresses that are so poofy, they're reminiscent of Class of '89 prom- Spaghetti straps or strapless- Pretty pretty princess dresses- Skintight dresses- Anything pink- Tiaras- Veils with colored edges/accents on them- Side rouching

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    I went to a private school where every homecoming/prom/etc dress had very strict rules on dresses. My biggest problems with dresses were they had to have at least an inch strap and the neckline needed to be 5 inches or less from your chin, which is tough when you have a longer neck. That being said, I want a strapless swetheart gown. :)
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Ocean, I like tea length too. However, I'm not sure that it will look good on me.
  • edited December 2011
    I meant to mention that Alfred Angelo sells some short wedding dresses (mostly cocktail length) that I think are adorable. If I were petite, I would be interested in those wedding gowns. One of them would be perfect for my casual wedding. However, since I'm a giantess, I don't think any of them will work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards