Not Engaged Yet
Options

Dress Etiquette Question

More of a dress shopping etiquette question. Do I need to make an appointment with a bridal salon (say, Davids Bridal) in advance, or is it absolutely necessary? I only know my work schedule a week at a time, so unless I could be scheduled in this Saturday, I'll have to wait until the end of the week before I even know what I'll be working next week, and I know I don't have a lot of time, and should've already had this taken care of.

Is it bad taste to NOT make an appointment? Is it tacky to just show up?

I've never been dress shopping before (obviously). Not only for myself, but period. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Re: Dress Etiquette Question

• Options
    I would make an appointment.  You don't know how busy they'll be and they might not have a consultant to help you.  I wouldn't think that you would have to make the appointment WAY in advance, but you should probably call at least a day or two in advance.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    I agree with Liv, at David's they can usually juggle two brides at a time and accommodate walk ins.  But smaller salons frown upon walk ins especially on weekends.  But week nights are usually a lot less busy.  Just call them and ask what time they have available next week and book a slot now if you know you are likely to have it free.  You can always cancel later this week.
  • Options
    Where I live you don't  need an appointment unless you are going to an upscale bridal shop. When I went with my sister, David's Bridal on a Saturday, Id maybe call and get on their list or go early and get on their list. My sister had to go back 2 hours later so she could have someone help her.

• Options
    Call ahead, for sure.  Usually you can get in pretty quickly in my experience, at least.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I took you lovely ladies' advice and went ahead and scheduled an appointment for this Saturday at the nearest David's Bridal, yay! The woman on the phone was very pleasant and informative, so it made some of those nervous jitters go away. :)

I'm hoping all goes well. I was looking at some of their dresses online and they have so many gorgeous dresses that are under $500, so that also makes me excited! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    (I think TK ate this thread.... the only post I see is my last one. <_< )

ETA: This is really strange, but I can tell Liv's commented on this thread because of the "last post by", but I can't see the OP or anyone's responses except my own. *TWILIGHT ZONE*
  • Options
    Yay HULU! I really had a lovely DB experience!! I hope you have a great one as well! I can't wait to hear about it!!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Hey! There you guys are XD

I was able to read everyone's responses, but after I posted my update (that I had called and made an appointment), all the posts went away, even my original one. Strange TK. <_<
  • Options
    Weird... I can only see Hulu and Liv's responses, but not the OP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    TK is seriously f*ed up.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    *nom nom* this thread was tasty.
  • Options
    Sidenote: I like your planning website Hulu.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dress-etiquette-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:117e679a-fca7-4323-a7d0-ca7c635cea6aPost:7b61c8b4-c6d3-412a-8199-39beef74e206">Re: Dress Etiquette Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sidenote: I like your planning website Hulu.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Ditto!!
  • Options
    Good luck!  I am sure you will find a dress that you will feel radiant in!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dress-etiquette-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:117e679a-fca7-4323-a7d0-ca7c635cea6aPost:1cdebc96-54be-4c4c-a509-cd3d734dd341">Re: Dress Etiquette Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dress Etiquette Question : Ditto!!
    Posted by flygirlmeg[/QUOTE]

<div>Aww, thanks guys! :) I really need to update it a bit more, lol. And I'm looking forward to Saturday... I hope I just don't get all girly and emotional, even though I know that's almost guaranteed, lol.</div>
  • Options
    I need to share mine...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards