Not Engaged Yet
Options

Apartment (Rental Application) Help!

I'm filling out a rental application for an apartment my roommates and I will hopefully get starting March 1st. I've never filled out an application like this before and I feel like a moron. I have 2 big questions:

Who do I put as a "personal reference"?

Who do I put as a "credit reference"? Just for added info, I don't currently have a credit card (I have a debit card attached to my checking account but I'm waiting to get a credit card until I actually have an income and permanent address).

Also, any vibes for us getting this apartment would be greatly appreciated :) The lease is up in the current apartment on Feb 28!
And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Apartment (Rental Application) Help!

• Options
    Anybody you have financial ties with can be a credit reference.  Use your bank if you have a checking and savings account.  If you're making car or student loan payments, put your financer.

Personal references can be anyone, but it's generally better to put coworkers or supervisors than friends.
  • Options
    You don't have an income and you're applying for a lease?  I've never heard of a company leasing to someone who hasn't been employed for at least three months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apartment-rental-application-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:121e6119-6e5a-418d-a49c-a08e09cc21c5Post:3f9c44f8-00b3-4c79-8030-67eab0b7649a">Re: Apartment (Rental Application) Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't have an income and you're applying for a lease?  I've never heard of a company leasing to someone who hasn't been employed for at least three months.
    Posted by ElleB87[/QUOTE]

Unless she's a student and then in that case I can see why she wouldn't have an income.  But hey who knows what the status is. 

The first Elle has it right with the advice.  Good luck.
  • Options
    For those who are asking about my job situation, I graduated at the end of December and just moved here 3 weeks ago. The people I'm living with now have made it clear to the landlord my financial situation (that I have a part time job but don't have a full time job and am in the process of applying ect) and that they are financially and personally willing to pay the security and entire rent if it comes to that.

Originally I wasn't going to even be on a lease at first becuase of this but the realtor didn't seem to have a problem with this. Hopefully it works out.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards