Not Engaged Yet

Garter me! POLL

I don't have a garter yet. Trying to make a decision (fast), and I'm chronically indecisive, so give me your input and help me decide! Or, shop for me! Only rule is I want a garter and a tossing garter, and I do NOT want white. Ivory or navy, please.

So, which garter do you like best?

A)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50554969

B)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50457261

C)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_DB-Exclusive-Cheerful-Garter-Set-GTRCYOWH

D) Something even better I found for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Garter me! POLL

• MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A unless you it to be your "something blue", then B.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think A looks the most modern. I don't like the frilly lace/tulle/material on the bottom of the other two. I also really like the large flower on the first one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I like A.  Crap, do I have to get one too?  I think I'm just going to skip it.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    NQB -- it's YOUR pretty princess day. Do whatever you want! ;)

Is anyone doing the "something old, new, borrowed, blue?"

• Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely A.  I think it's nice looking and pretty, while the others look more Hustler/Spencer's/Your neighborhood sex shop.

No way I'm having on garter toss on MY DAY!  I haven't thought about the something old thing.  I'll probably do it.  Maybe.  Most likely, I'd just have to add a blue thing anyway.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not doing the garter thing but I am doing the something old...

Old & Borrowed: A pair of pearl earrings that were my great-great grandmothers.
    New: Dress, shoes, veil, etc.
    Blue: bracelet that was my great-grandmothers...this is also old and borrowed.

I'm trying to track down my other grandmother's rosary beads because I'd like to wrap them around my bouquet. When she passed away, everything was split up between my dad and his 7 siblings. One of them must have her rosaries but I don't know which one. It might be my aunt Mary Ellen but I haven't asked her yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_garter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:14a15d5c-8cff-40be-8b24-e64b48a76d9ePost:152a4005-c8ad-4d67-ba5e-3445c471226c">Re: Garter me! POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely A.  I think it's nice looking and pretty, while the others look more <strong>Hustler/Spencer's/Your neighborhood sex shop</strong>. No way I'm having on garter toss on MY DAY!  I haven't thought about the something old thing.  I'll probably do it.  Maybe.  Most likely, I'd just have to add a blue thing anyway.
    Posted by Ana_2985[/QUOTE]

Okay, A it is then! I absolutely do NOT want to convey a hustler/neighborhood sex shop vibe.

• PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted for A too. FI and I decided that we will do a garter toss, but no removing of the garter (we'll have a toss one). I personally think it's too raunchy for us. Embarassed
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_garter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:14a15d5c-8cff-40be-8b24-e64b48a76d9ePost:45332718-d5f1-451c-8a7b-54ad885811ef">Re: Garter me! POLL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Garter me! POLL : Okay, A it is then! I absolutely do NOT want to convey a hustler/neighborhood sex shop vibe.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I looked around for other options and you definitely picked the best ones, IMO.  I think garters in general have a skeezy look to them.  A is still my favorite, but If you wanted to go with a blue one, I think B is better looking than anything I found.
  • edited December 2011
    You don't really strike me as a polka dots kinda gal (I'm not one either) and I looooove A.

But in searching for alternatives, I found this, which I think is pretty afreakingdorable.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    (don't feel like editing. don't kill me.)

I like this one. It's simple and classy.  But totally simple.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/50467064/smmed-bridal-garter-ivory-set
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I do like that, Narwhal. and, it's less expensive. Hmm....

• edited December 2011
    I like the second one Narwhal posted, and 1 & 2.

I voted for 2.  But it depends on if you want blue or white - either are good options.

I'm not doing a garter - I feel like it would drive me nuts, especially being on one leg instead of both!  Plus I'd be massively embarrassed having my guy digging under my dress in front of my family - NO THANK YOU!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out that girl's shop.  She has a lot of similar ones, I think all of hers look classy and they're not that expensive (I don't think.. I haven't exactly priced garters).
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm....you guys have really gotten me thinking about NOT doing a garter toss....

Honestly, I'd rather spend money on the honeymoon and NOT on a garter. Option A up there is $38.

I don't want the thing on my leg all day.

And yeah, my FI is a very private kind of guy, and I'm not sure he's too happy about digging around under my skirts with a crowd of people cheering him on... I'll have to talk it over with him and see what he thinks about skipping it.

As always, you guys have been very helpful! Thank you! :)

• edited December 2011
    Narwal!  I was totally going to recommend that etsy seller!  I bought this set from here and she was WONDERFUL to work with.  I had her add a little red bow on and she did it for no extra charge.  She also went out and found the right shade of red because she didn't have what I was looking for.

I'm not a huge fan of the garter but it was something FI really wanted to do....so I caved.  I wanted something really simple and not too fru-fru-y.  Oh and cheap.  this set was $14.

Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I"m definitely not doing the toss.  I have a new dress, new earrings and a new veil.  My shoes are borrowed and my ring is old.  I guess I could wear a blue garter just for good luck.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I like your #1 and Narwhal's #1. That girl has some cute garters and they're not foofy foofy which I like.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011

We're doing a garter toss. This is the garter we'll likely be wearing:

This alone should be testiment to how much I love my FI. In my family, it's considered sacreligious to wear anything but Cleveland Browns. I may get burned by the garter like the devil does with holy water. Or my grandfather may disown me. Or both.

I'm doing the old/new/borrowed/blue:

Old - a lace butterfly of my grandmother's that we'll be sewing into my dress
    New - my dress
    Borrowed - TBD
    Blue - Garter

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    I actually like B - and I would absolutely recommend that seller because I ordered my garter from her. We did the garter toss because DH wanted to do it and I was okay with it - it's also the norm around here and it would be odd if we didn't do it.

This was my garter

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing one, but not tossing.

PIB

FWIW - if you're feeling crafty, I made ine for $10 and it just took an hour. And it's personalized... if you're feeling crafty....
  • edited December 2011
    Awww, saph, I love the firemen garter. ::heartwarm::

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    When I saw that garter I swooned Oceana - I had been trying to find one I liked for awhile and everything I found was too frilly for me so I finally decided to check out etsy. I love firemen stuff - if I had places to put it all I'd decorate my whole house with that kind of stuff
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    My FI says he would actually prefer NOT to do the garter toss, so that solves that!

I would really like to do something old, etc but not sure how just yet...

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Desert - for my something old I am printing out a tiny photo of my grandparents on their honeymoon. I'm going to mount it and put in on a ribbon on my bouquet.

Sort of like this: http://www.idoweddingdetails.com/bframeea.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards