Not Engaged Yet

Noelle

I believe you said that you found your dress.  Where are the pictures?  Hmpf!

P.S. I like your new avatar.  It is good to see your face. 

Re: Noelle

• edited December 2011
    Seconding the humph. Me wants pictures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    I noticed Noelle has a face! WOO!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I did indeed find my dress.  It was actually my favorite from looking online.  Give me a minute to track down the pics.
  • edited December 2011

It has lace, which I really wanted, but it also has a bit of sparkle to it.  It's a short dress, so it's comfortable, but it still looks "bridal" to me, rather than like a BM dress. Love it.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ooooooh, pretty! It looks better on you than on the model. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    You look bee-yoo-tee-fool! <3
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Love it noelle! It's beautiful!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Awwww!  You are beaming.  Congratulations. 
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, thanks everyone Embarassed
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE IT!!!! I had wanted to try that dress on when I originally went to DB, but it was out-of-stock. :(

It looks so pretty on you! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

edited December 2011
    How was your DB experience? I'm always curious because it seems to vary vastly from location to location.

• edited December 2011
    So far so good.  They were very friendly and helpful.  I just ordered, so we'll see if everything comes in when it's supposed to.  Also, I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use them for alterations.  That's where most of the horror stories come from, so I'm on the fence about it.
  • edited December 2011
    I've also heard that their alterations are on the high side.  I had many more alterations done to my dress, but paid less than half of what MOH paid at DB.  I would see if you can get a recommendation from your local or check out yelp. 
    edited December 2011
    I knew some girls who'd had their alterations at the local DB and were happy, so I called around to check prices. DB actually gave me the lowest quote, so I went ahead, and it turned out beautifully.

But, it doesn't look like you need a lot of alterations? Maybe you can take it to a regular tailor since it's not a poofy traditional bridal gown?

• edited December 2011
    We'll see.  I ordered a size up because the one I have on is a tad too tight across the boob-ular region.  So I it will definitely need taking in around the waist. But I'm hoping that won't be too expensive.  It's hard to tell with all that lace, though.
  • edited December 2011
    I love it Noelle!

Definitely look into the alterations department of your DB. I have seen two people I know go through hell with our local DB. They are all different but I would ask around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I love it Noelle! I love the short dresses, and was very close to buying a different short one from DB. You look great!! I will live vicariously through you. : )
  • edited December 2011
    Yay love it!

And it is nice to see a face.  I've been associating you with birds for a year and a half now.  :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw Noelle, that's a lovely dress! You look stunning:)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011

Thanks again everyone!

• babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is beautiful and you are stuning
  • edited December 2011
    Love the dress, it's so pretty.   I can't imagine doing a short dress but part of me thinks it would be awesome and so much more comfortable than a long heavy dress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards