Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Upbeat Recessional

I am in search of a fun, upbeat recessional. Our wedding is outdoors and most of the music we have picked is classy, elegant and intimate. After the "I Do" I want to cut loose and let people know the celebration is starting! Would prefer newer music over old school but open to any suggestions!

Re: Upbeat Recessional

• Options
    We're recessing to Taylor Swift "Today Was a Fairytale."

My sister and her husband came back down the aisle to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered."
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We are using "Stairway to Heaven" performed by the Phil Harmonic for the processional music and "King of the Road" for the recessional. It is the first song my Fiance sang to me and it is a special one for us. This day should be about the two of you so choose music that means something to you or makes you happy. :)
  • Options
    This is a good question, I've been looking for this exact same thing, something upbeat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are walking out to "Honey Bee" by Blake Shelton :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I saw someone on here suggest Brighter than the Sun by Colblie Calliat and i LOVE that idea
  • Options
    We're probably using "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall and Oates. Impossible not to dance when you hear that one!
  • Options
    We are using "You're my best friend"  by Queen :)
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    phaatphaat member
    First Comment
    I'm using the chorus of "Good Life" by One Republic.  Love it on that Disneyland commercial.  
  • Options
    We originally planned on the Bows from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (revival Broadway version), and have recently decided to switch it to Life's a Happy Song from the new Muppet movie :)
  • Options
    Hmmm... I like "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"... We're started the ceremony with "Ribbon in the Sky"... Hey, we're opening the wedding with Stevie, why not end it the same way!?

I'll have to see what FI thinks about it!

Thanks Ladies!
  • Options
    We are using Celebrate (good times)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    We were thinking of Hall and Oates too, but now we're thinking about Modern English's "I Melt With You"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We're walking out to True Love Ways (Aaron Watson version not Buddy Holly), but my FI Keeps trying to talk me into a song by Rhonda Vincent (bluegrass singer) about Martha White baking products. He just thinks it's funny......  I'm like.. yeah ok. SUUUUURRE.
    Smile

Anniversary
  • Options
    We are using Lady Antebellum's Love I Found In You. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Marry You by Bruno Mars :)
  • Options
    We're using "All I Want Is You" by Barry Louis Polisar. Very fun and upbeat!  We are having an outdoor wedding too and I thought it would fit the setting rather well. 
  • Options
    Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes.

@ misssunshine17. Read the lyrics to that song...you may rethink your choice when you do :)
  • Options
    We did All You Need Is Love by The Beatles. Everyone loved it! And then for our entrance to the reception we did (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher by Jackie Wilson -which was an awesome way to start the party!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are using "You and I" by Avalanche City ( I am a big fan of unique, indie rock songs)....another one I considered was "Say Hey ( Love You)" by Michael Franti
  • Options
    I'm campaigning for Home by ES&tMZ. Love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are walking out to 'September' by Earth Wind and Fire. We both love that song, think it's fun, and we are getting married in September so it's extra fun!
  • Options

I'm not using any traditional music for the ceremony. The BM's are waling down to You & Me by Lifehouse, I'm using A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, and the ressional will be A Beautiful Day by U2.
  • Options
    We are using "Let's Groove Tonight" by the one and only Earth, Wind and Fire!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_upbeat-recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:bf265a41-0ae8-4db5-bafe-ab56985b58c0Post:67716f09-958b-4ce2-8b7d-90f21eae84bf">Re: Upbeat Recessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using "All I Want Is You" by Barry Louis Polisar. Very fun and upbeat!  We are having an outdoor wedding too and I thought it would fit the setting rather well. 
    Posted by Foreternity7[/QUOTE]

I grew up with his music and was so excited to hear him on the soundtrack to Juno! Couldn't believe when I saw you mention him!! =)
    Wedding party walked to Brother Iz version of Over the Rainbow, I came in to Love is Here to Stay (Harry Conick Jr) and the resessional was originally going to be Walking on Sunshine, but we switched to Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen.
  • Options
    I am using Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, but we also considered Daylight by Matt and Kim, which is such a fun, fun song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're most likely going with Life's a happy song from the Muppet movie.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are using Lucky by Colbie Callait and Jason Mraz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards