Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Day-of schedule help!

So I'm getting married in only 18 days and I'm still not 100% sure about my schedule lol. I'm not worried about what happens before getting to the church (my sister's doing my hair and makeup, and I'm sure I'll be up very early) and we're NOT taking any getting ready pics. Our ceremony starts at 1p.m., the ceremony will be 30 minutes and out reception is at a seperate location about 45 minutes away. Here's what I'm thinking, please let me know what you think.
11:55 am-Leave the hotel and head over to the church

12:15 pm-Arrive at church

12:15 pm-12:50 pm Pre-ceremony pictures

1:00 pm-Ceremony

1:30 pm-Ceremony ends

1:30 pm-1:45-Receiving line (we hae 84 guests)

1:45 pm-2:50-Guests leave and head up to cocktail hour, Take pics at church and across the street

3:00 pm-Bride, Groom, and BP head up to reception hall

4:00 pm-Reception starts
   First Dance
   Eat
   Toasts
   Dancing
   Father, Daughter Dance
   Mother, Son Dance
   Cake
   Dancing
   Bouquet toss and garter toss
   Dancing
8:00 pm-Reception ends

Re: Day-of schedule help!

• That looks like a good timeline to me! I love that your pre-ceremony plan is relaxed- I am thinking the last thing I"ll want is a bunch of strangers pinning, combing and stabbing me with eye liner. 

One thing you might want to think about- I have heard the receiving line takes longer than 15 minutes. My guests size is about the same as yours and one of our vendors said it would most likely take no less than 30 minutes. 
  • Depending where you are doing your pictures and where your guests will be you may want to leave more time between end of photos and start of ceremony. My photographer recommended ending 1/2 hour before the ceremony so everyone can "hide" because guests will start arriving then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards