Not Engaged Yet
Options

T&P needed (Update and PIP Kinda gross)

At the ER with DD. She got bit by a dog and it's not pretty. We might need stitches :-(

Update: We are home now after our 2.5 (relatively quick really) ER visit.

DD is 6.5 years old, and her younger sister is 3. Basically the girls were at BF's mom's house (she babysits a lot for me) while I was at work. She has two dogs who are always locked away as a precaution with the girls. Well, today, BF's mom had just come in from taking the dog (Lady) outside. She came back in and Lady went over to the girls to sniff around etc. Well my older DD Rach was petting her, when her little sister O came up behind Lady and basically put her in a head lock (she was hugging her neck).

Lady flipped out and bit Rach on the hand because she was closest. BF's mom immediately jumped in and got bit several more times but not nearly as bad as DD. So we went to the ER and she ended up getting 6 stitches and it broke my heart. I never want to go through that again. I just keep thinking about how much worse it could have been and I'm so thankful that it wasn't.

Here are some pics of DD's hand before the hospital. (kinda gross)

(DD'ed)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: T&P needed (Update and PIP Kinda gross)

• Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks! T&P to you and your DD... how is she handling it?
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww! That's no fun. How old is your DD, Ollie? Is she doing okay?
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  I'm so sorry!  I'll pray for her!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry! How is she holding up? I hope you get in and out quickly...I'll keep you both in my thoughts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no I hope everything is ok.

Anniversary

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh Poop. Any updates?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! I hope DD is okay! Where did she get bit/what kind of dog was it? I hope it was an accident and not a careless owner.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  I hope she's okay.

And, this may sound weird, but I really hope that she isn't terrified of dogs for the rest of her life because of it.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tp-needed-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa980a5-24a1-4c53-a9a3-c7b2f89f56d9Post:46bf3c51-8ce3-4043-b8f4-875cb2a8ef0b">Re: T&P needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no!  I hope she's okay. And, this may sound weird, but I really hope that she isn't terrified of dogs for the rest of her life because of it.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Dude, this is exactly what I was going to say. Like verbatim almost.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tp-needed-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1fa980a5-24a1-4c53-a9a3-c7b2f89f56d9Post:05a03b83-db89-4a44-9df3-18ac222072da">Re: T&P needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: T&P needed : Dude, this is exactly what I was going to say. Like verbatim almost.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>And that is the reason I keep telling FI we need to go to Houston.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope she's okay!! Keep us posted, hun.  You're in my thoughts

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your support!

To answer a few of your questions, I don't think DD is going to be afraid of dogs, we have one at home and she's fine. Lady is a Siberian Husky.

Rach is SUCH a trooper. She handled the situation about as good as any 6 year old would. She is watching some tv and planning to sleep with me tonight. I'd say she'll milk this for all it's worth

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Glad she's ok and handling it well. You seem to be handling it well, too, and not breaking down or flying into a rage like many moms would. So props on that.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Owie, owie, owie...What a trooper. You should get her something special for being such a brave girl! Maybe a necklace or a stuffed animal? :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad DD is okay! She'll have a pretty cool story to tell whenever she goes back to school :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Poor thing! I'm glad she's okay though!
    5/27/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards