Not Engaged Yet
Options

Harry Potter poll!!!!

This is a very important question if by some chance you got a hold of some polyjuice potion....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I pick Luna because even though she seems strange to everyone, she is really smart and kind. I like her quirkyness :)
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    OMG it's so hard to pick!! BF told me that Luna reminds him of me so I picked her, although part of me really wanted to pick Neville because I adore his character! I do love Luna though so I'd be ecstatic if I could be her :) I love her indepent, free spirit. She is so confident in who she is and doesn't feel the need to conform. She is also very sweet and smart (even if she does believe in some crazy things).

If someone picked Voldemort, could they be young Voldemort (Tom Riddle) because that could be fun but I enjoy having a
    nose :P

ETA: This is one of my favorite Lunar moments: She is OWNING that lion head!

• Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked Luna, too. Strange! There's something about her that's sweet, something that's a little odd, but also very cool. She's that super awkward girl you went to school with, then you bump into her 10 years later, or open a magazine and find an article about her and find out she has this amazing life, doing something quirky and fun, traveling the world, or being a best selling writer of romance novels, or something equally unexpected, but awesome. 

I like Luna. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who picked Hermione? It's no fun if you don't tell us why!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:a155c05a-5252-48d8-8a80-34e151afb5f9">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG it's so hard to pick!! BF told me that Luna reminds him of me so I picked her, although part of me really wanted to pick Neville because I adore his character! I do love Luna though so I'd be ecstatic if I could be her :) I love her indepent, free spirit. She is so confident in who she is and doesn't feel the need to conform. She is also very sweet and smart (even if she does believe in some crazy things). If someone picked Voldemort, could they be young Voldemort (Tom Riddle) because that could be fun but I enjoy having a nose :P ETA: This is one of my favorite Lunar moments: She is OWNING that lion head!
    Posted by bethsmiles

I definitely agree with that and she's one of kind. Love her!
    "Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?" - Luna\

I literally laughed out loud... I agree the choice of Voldemort should be young Voldemort as Tom Riddle w/ nose lol May I quote?
    "I was in the Restricted section and I came across.."
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah let's hear it Hermoine fans...

• Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    edited December 2011
    I picked Hermione because I'm very much like her. Maybe not *quite* as hard a worker but definitely very school-focused and a HUGE perfectionist (this is, however, something I'm trying to curb). I loved watching her grow up and change from 11 to 17 throughout the books. And I think she and Ron are completely adorable :)
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hermoine, she is smart, and is a close friend of Harry and gets to share in his life and adventures.

Anniversary

• Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    If we're sticking purely to the choices listed, I would choose Luna for essentially the same reasons Danie listed.

But I would really want to be Fred or George. They're an awesome duo, and I love the shenanigans they get into. Their antics never fail to crack me up, and I think they're two of the most under appreciated characters in the series.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:eb5b7be9-cdd4-44e0-8289-851740872c9b">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I picked Hermione because I'm very much like her. Maybe not *quite* as hard a worker but definitely very school-focused and a HUGE perfectionist (this is, however, something I'm trying to curb). I loved watching her grow up and change from 11 to 17 throughout the books. And I think she and Ron are completely adorable :)
    Posted by kellyt89[/QUOTE]

I love how she was so surprised when Ron came up with something really smart in the last movie.. she was like "Brilliant... just brilliant" lol
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I picked Hermione. Her character is very relatable for me - hard working, clever, smart and perceptive. And I'd want to be in on all the action but not have the pressure of being "the chosen one" like Harry is. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:f59cd4a2-ce84-43e4-80e2-aa0d461c19ec">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If we're sticking purely to the choices listed, I would choose Luna for essentially the same reasons Danie listed. But I would really want to be Fred or George. They're an awesome duo, and I love the shenanigans they get into. Their antics never fail to crack me up, and I think they're two of the most under appreciated characters in the series.
    Posted by sparkles88[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Fred and George!! I love all the Weasleys!

ETA: Except Percy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Didn't either Fred or George die in one of the books? I read the books awhile ago and I can't remember.. I know in the movies they didn't.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hagrid: I get to be TALL for once and get to interact with all of his creatures! 

ETA: But if I had to REALLY be someone it would probably be Charlie. I want to work with large mammals as a career, so as a witch I would definitely want to work with the Dragons. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:e2850bcd-741a-43dc-9937-4ae521038e38">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Didn't either Fred or George die in one of the books? I read the books awhile ago and I can't remember.. I know in the movies they didn't.
    Posted by mymissingpuzzlepiece[/QUOTE]

I believe it's Fred and he does die in the movie. They don't show him die they just show him dead afterwards.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:309304cd-89bd-4779-bd96-4c329660866a">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : I believe it's Fred and he does die in the movie. They don't show him die they just show him dead afterwards.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]
    I cried like a baby at the scene when his family is greiving and Ron walks over to see. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I picked Hermione.  I can relate to her the most, and would love to get into her personal library for a day.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:2cb4665e-eb6a-4110-a745-3744190cfd1c">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : I cried like a baby at the scene when his family is greiving and Ron walks over to see. 
    Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]

I cried too :'( There were some people in the theater that I thought needed to chill though. Seriously, one woman was like uncontrollably sobbing. It was really annoying.

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I picked Luna after thinking about it for half a second. How great would it be to be that self-assured and at peace with the world? Ooh, now I really want to read the 5th book again, but FI already packed up all our books...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:746305be-84e6-4271-bbcc-ba23ba411713">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I picked Luna after thinking about it for half a second. How great would it be to be that self-assured and at peace with the world?<strong> Ooh, now I really want to read the 5th book again, but FI already packed up all our books..</strong>.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I've been dying to re-read the books but they are at my parents house. I asked my mom to mail them to me the other day but I don't know when they will get here :( I need my Harry Potter fix!!

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:318d4037-ccaf-48cd-855b-23bc697ca6ca">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : I've been dying to re-read the books but they are at my parents house. I asked my mom to mail them to me the other day but I don't know when they will get here :( I need my Harry Potter fix!!

Yeah, I realized a few days ago that it's been just about a year since I read the series. I went through them all last summer. So now I'm dying to start again, but I'll have to wait a couple weeks until after the move.
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:0bbe648a-8a1a-497a-9600-2d125cc0ea7d">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : I LOVE Fred and George!! I love all the Weasleys! <strong>ETA: Except Percy</strong>

Yay! Fred and George lovers unite!

I always felt so sad for Mrs. Weasley because of all the stress Percy put her through.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:9218df41-40fa-48f4-906c-42ced1c5893f">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : Yay! Fred and George lovers unite! <strong> I always felt so sad for Mrs. Weasley because of all the stress Percy put her through.</strong>
    Posted by sparkles88[/QUOTE]

Percy is an ass. He came around in the end but he is still an ass. BF says I get too worked up about fictional characters. I told him they aren't fictional they are my friends who happen to live inside of a book :P He just rolled his eyes.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:b281e064-92f3-4eca-83d5-65e047ee8380">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : Percy is an ass. He came around in the end but he is still an ass. BF says I get too worked up about fictional characters. I told him they aren't fictional they are my friends who happen to live inside of a book :P He just rolled his eyes.

I was glad Percy came back in the end but I felt it was just too wrapped up perfectly in that scene.  He was a complete ass and yes, its great that he's back and everyone is happy, but still.  He said some terrible things to his family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:5dbe4c04-1f68-4733-a2b4-3ad9cc4bc844">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : I was glad Percy came back in the end but I felt it was just too wrapped up perfectly in that scene.  He was a complete ass and yes, its great that he's back and everyone is happy, but still.  He said some terrible things to his family.
    Posted by kaitlynmichelle[/QUOTE]

When it's family it's easier to forgive I think.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:64073c5f-4eee-4275-b845-c64523e18bf8">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : When it's family it's easier to forgive I think.

Oh absolutely.  At that point though I was hoping someone would at least give him a swift kick or something :P
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'd pick Ginny, but she's not on the list, so I'll go with Hermione. If I can't be a ginger, I'll snog a ginger. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:03d42e74-744e-4b90-b4dd-2e8406c41a3e">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : Oh absolutely.  At that point though I was hoping someone would at least give him a swift kick or something :P
    Posted by kaitlynmichelle[/QUOTE]

Haha...I agree. Someone needed to give him a swift kick in the butt!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:318d4037-ccaf-48cd-855b-23bc697ca6ca">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : I've been dying to re-read the books but they are at my parents house. I asked my mom to mail them to me the other day but I don't know when they will get here :( I need my Harry Potter fix!!
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE<div>
    </div><div>That's so funny because I was literally just thinking about re-reading the books. I'm going to as soon as I have the time. I have all of them... But the first book, the Sorcerer's stone is soooo beat  up and old because of how many times I have read it. Which book is your favorite?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_harry-potter-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20005ca5-ab4d-48e3-9404-c28c2f8d4284Post:309304cd-89bd-4779-bd96-4c329660866a">Re: Harry Potter poll!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter poll!!!! : I believe it's Fred and he does die in the movie. They don't show him die they just show him dead afterwards.

<div>For some reason I thought I saw him in the last movie so I was confused... nvm lol</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards