Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

2 out of 6 bridesmaids are pregnant

So my finance and I have been engaged for 2 years and we are finally getting married on Setp 4th.  It turns up that my future sister in law and best friend are pregnant.  My future sisiter in law is due almost 2 weeks before and my best friend is due 2 days before my wedding!!!!!!! I have a femal usherettte, would it be okay if she walks up the groomsmen if their partners are in the hospital having their babies? and am I in the wrong to not have my best friend who is due 2 days before not purchase a dress?   And I'm leaving it up to my sister inlaw if she wants to buy a dress or not.   Is that okay. kind of in the dark ppl tell me that they are in the wedding, thye need to have a dress but other ppl tell me that its my wedding and you dont know if they are going to be there to see the wedding! what are some of your opinions!!!!

Re: 2 out of 6 bridesmaids are pregnant

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_2-out-of-6-bridesmaids-pregnant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:c12c1538-1339-49de-a81f-efec38bac6bePost:3000daa2-122e-42bd-acd9-e1128ddc59f7">2 out of 6 bridesmaids are pregnant</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my finance and I have been engaged for 2 years and we are finally getting married on Setp 4th.  It turns up that my future sister in law and best friend are pregnant.  My future sisiter in law is due almost 2 weeks before and my best friend is due 2 days before my wedding!!!!!!! I have a femal usherettte, would it be okay if she walks up the groomsmen if their partners are in the hospital having their babies? and am I in the wrong to not have my best friend who is due 2 days before not purchase a dress?   And I'm leaving it up to my sister inlaw if she wants to buy a dress or not.   Is that okay. kind of in the dark ppl tell me that they are in the wedding, thye need to have a dress but other ppl tell me that its my wedding and you dont know if they are going to be there to see the wedding! what are some of your opinions!!!!
    Posted by Eversgerd6030[/QUOTE]

My first opinion is that sentences and paragraphs and fewer exclamation points would have made this a lot easier to decipher.

What I think you're saying is:  2 BMs pregnant (hooray for them!) and due very close to ceremony date.  Should you replace them with usher(ettes) if they can't make the ceremony?  How should they dress?

Okay, first of all, call your ushers~ushers.  The usherette term is dopey.  Usher is NOT a gender specific term, and usherette sounds demeaning.

As for your BM's:  Please don't replace them if they have their little angels around wedding time.  WPs are not part of a theatrical cast that requires or even should have understudies.  If they can't make it, they can't make it.

As for dresses,  have your friend who is due days before get a maternity dress that resembles the other dresses if she still wants to participate.  Being 2 days until due date isn't a disability after all.  Perhaps she'll be in your wedding.  Perhaps she won't. 

I worked, literally until 15 minutes before I went into labor with my firstborn.  There's every possibility that your BM will be able to walk down the aisle and stand for your ceremony.  If she can't stand, she can walk down the aisle and sit in the front row.

Have you tried asking your two friends how they're feeling about dresses?  Let them both buy maternity dresses that complement the rest of the WP and call if all good.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Leave it up to them if they want to buy the dress and risk not using it in case they go into labor. Don't replace them, don't kick them out, and don't listen to anyone who says that you should do either of these things.

What will possibly be the problem if they can't make it? Why is this a big deal? Go on with who you have if one or both of them needs to drop out.
  • Options
    Honestly I don't see what the issue is. Why do people have panic attacks like being pregnant is akin to the Plague? Most babies are born several weeks after they are due so there shouldn't be any problem with having them stand up for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards