Not Engaged Yet
Options

Stupid Youtube

Okay, I've been trying for a good half hour now to create a YouTube account and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

It prompts me to sign up for a Gmail account (which I have), when I go to YouTube, it says "Sign In" or "Create an Account".

I click "Create an Account".
It prompts me to create a Gmail account.
I click "Sign In" to my gmail account.
I get redirected to YouTube.
It says "Sign In" or "Create an Account".

Rinse and repeat.

When I go to create an account, it tells me to create a Gmail account. When I tell it I already have one, it prompts me to sign in. I do. Then it redirects me to Youtube where I have to either "Sign In" or "Create an Account".

UUUUUUUGH.

Can anyone net-savvy help me? I'm going crazy, lol!

Re: Stupid Youtube

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    The worst thing YouTube did was force users to link their gmail account. I didn't have a gmail account for my YouTube account, so I had to create a new gmail account and now I can't check my email and be on YouTube at the same time. So frustrating. After I created the new email adress I think I had to link the accounts. Is that what it's trying to prompt you to do?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stupid-youtube?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:231b1a19-38c5-4eaf-a857-f7492da445e0Post:02e05648-6065-4f1d-9f77-8a0da0a90d2a">Re: Stupid Youtube</a>:
    [QUOTE]The worst thing YouTube did was force users to link their gmail account. I didn't have a gmail account for my YouTube account, so I had to create a new gmail account and now I can't check my email and be on YouTube at the same time. So frustrating. After I created the new email adress I think I had to link the accounts. Is that what it's trying to prompt you to do?
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

<div>@raven: Yeah, that's where it takes me. I sign in, then it redirects me to YouTube where it looks like I never signed in to begin with. :\</div><div>
    </div><div>@Simply: I haven't created a YouTube account, just a gmail account. I'm trying to create a YouTube account, but every time I try, it prompts me to start a new gmail account (and if I hit "sign in", it won't log me in, just refreshes the page).</div>
  • Options
    Hmm maybe try this: 

At the top, click 'More' then click 'Even more'.

Click 'YouTube' (it's the first icon under media). 

When I do that it shows me as being logged into YouTube. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stupid-youtube?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:231b1a19-38c5-4eaf-a857-f7492da445e0Post:d5857ad2-82c1-42a6-9e5e-5c8295df93a4">Re: Stupid Youtube</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm maybe try this:  Log in to your Gmail.  At the top, click 'More' then click 'Even more'. Click 'YouTube' (it's the first icon under media).  When I do that it shows me as being logged into YouTube. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>Still same problem. :( It just takes me to YouTube where it prompts me to either "Create Account" or "Sign In".</div>
  • Options
    Cleared my cache. Problem solved, lol. XD

/noob
  • Options
    Hahahahaha glad you figured it out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards