Not Engaged Yet

Holy sh*t show Batman

Just got back from the wedding. Bear with me, I'm definitely KUI.

Issue #1: My aunt and uncle decided to rent a school bus to get people to and from the wedding site since it's about a 30 minute drive from where we all live. B & G road the bus and G opened a bottle of champagne on the bus and it sprayed all over him and B. We didn't ride the bus, but saw the aftermath.

Issue #2: Wedding ceremony took place on a hill. B & G were at the top of the hill with no sound system. You couldn't see if you weren't the front because the people in front of you were up hill. There also was no microphone so you couldn't hear because it was windy.

Issue #3: Since it was an outdoor wedding they couldn't get the unity candle's lit. They ended up faking it.

Issue #4: It was STIFLING in the reception venue and B got all pissed off when people were hanging out outside where it was at least 15 degrees cooler.

Issue #5: After the ceremony I was talking to my aunt and cousins and B walked by. My aunt hugged her then I did. I told her congratulations and how beautiful she looked. She said in a completely snotty way, thanks, and walked away.

Issue #6: BM speech said that G would never have done anything if it wasn't right so I guess this must be right. Awkward.

Issue #7: As my great aunt and uncle were leaving my great aunt said to everyone in earshot, "see you all in October for the real wedding!" (mine)

Issue #8: The DJ announced the bouquet toss and a group of about 10 girls went over to catch. B told the DJ to call again. Then she told the DJ who was missing and he said, "I hear not all single ladies aren't here yet, Katie(me), Joelle(sister), Leah(cousin), Kecia(35 year old cousin) get over here, you're single!"

Issue #9: We ordered our wedding cake in two flavors, chocolate mousse and lemon raspberry chiffon. Cake at this wedding was from the same bakery and chocolate mousse and lemon raspberry chiffon.

Issue #10: When it rained, B's SIL turned to me and said, "I know it's supposed to be good luck but I agree with Alanis, it's ironic. I think it's nature putting in her two cents."

So yeah, nothing overly major but a few fun things. It was uncomfortable for everyone involved and there was definite tension in the air. I survived. Now my family can focus on my wedding! (kidding)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Holy sh*t show Batman

• zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_holy-sht-show-batman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:23bc34e2-e463-448b-b441-59d2043dcedePost:e0596fe1-bb9a-4ef8-9e8f-59c0fadfeef4">Holy sh*t show Batman</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just got back from the wedding. Bear with me, I'm definitely KUI. Issue #1: My aunt and uncle decided to rent a school bus to get people to and from the wedding site since it's about a 30 minute drive from where we all live. <strong>B & G road the bus and G opened a bottle of champagne on the bus and it sprayed all over him and B. We didn't ride the bus, but saw the aftermath.</strong> Issue #2: Wedding ceremony took place on a hill. B & G were at the top of the hill with no sound system. You couldn't see if you weren't the front because the people in front of you were up hill. There also was no microphone so you couldn't hear because it was windy. Issue #3: Since it was an outdoor wedding they couldn't get the unity candle's lit. They ended up faking it. Issue #4: It was STIFLING in the reception venue and B got all pissed off when people were hanging out outside where it was at least 15 degrees cooler. Issue #5: After the ceremony I was talking to my aunt and cousins and B walked by. My aunt hugged her then I did. I told her congratulations and how beautiful she looked. <strong>She said in a completely snotty way, thanks, and walked away.</strong> <strong>Issue #6: BM speech said that G would never have done anything if it wasn't right so I guess this must be right. Awkward. Issue</strong> <strong>#7: As my great aunt and uncle were leaving my great aunt said to everyone in earshot, "see you all in October for the real wedding!" (mine)</strong> Issue #8: The DJ announced the bouquet toss and a group of about 10 girls went over to catch. B told the DJ to call again.<strong> Then she told the DJ who was missing and he said, "I hear not all single ladies aren't here yet, Katie(me), Joelle(sister), Leah(cousin), Kecia(35 year old cousin) get over here, you're single!"</strong> Issue #9: We ordered our wedding cake in two flavors, chocolate mousse and lemon raspberry chiffon. Cake at this wedding was from the same bakery and chocolate mousse and lemon raspberry chiffon. Issue #10: When it rained, B's SIL turned to me and said,<strong> "I know it's supposed to be good luck but I agree with Alanis, it's ironic. I think it's nature putting in her two cents."</strong> So yeah, nothing overly major but a few fun things. It was uncomfortable for everyone involved and there was definite tension in the air. I survived. Now my family can focus on my wedding! (kidding)
    Posted by KD+BC[/QUOTE]

In order, my responses: Eek, rude, ouch, ouch, rude, I never knew before that rain on your wedding day was supposed to be good luck. Interesting.

• edited December 2011
    Holy shite.

ps. For some reason, I cannot remember the back story for the life of me...can you hook me up please (even a link to a previous thread would do)?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Well, at least you know you're not the only one with concerns! Right?

And, since your cake will be for a "real" wedding, I wouldn't worry about it being the same. ;)

Overall, KD, it sounds like it wasn't too terrible. Some funny things, some rude/awkward moments, but no throwdowns and no bitchslapping. Yay! :)

How are you feeling about it all?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds better than it could have gone!! And it's over with!!

On to the real wedding!! (Not kidding!)
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some interesting issues, but honestly part of me was really hoping for something juicy, but glad all the same that it didn't happen.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait, is this the nutty bride dating your awesome cousin and they just got engaged?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_holy-sht-show-batman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:23bc34e2-e463-448b-b441-59d2043dcedePost:aa7fa474-a9e3-45fa-8d87-7bc6af921bc4">Re: Holy sh*t show Batman</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, is this the nutty bride dating your awesome cousin and they just got engaged?
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Oceana: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-long-sorry" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-long-sorry</a>

That was the original post. After that they decided to get married here so everyone could go. She got her shower because everyone was then invited. They also decided to have a wedding party 2.5 weeks ago. They went from just a RB to 5 BMs and 5GMs and a RB.

Thanks everyone! I feel much better today. I had a good cry last night after I got home. I don't want her in my family but it's not up to me. I hope that my cousin is happy with her and that they have a long healthy marriage. I also hope that she grows up and starts making an effort. She completely ignores everyone when she comes to family things (key phrase, when she comes). Although, if she ignores everyone I don't have to feel bad ignoring her!

As far as the cake goes, I would be willing to bet that no one but me, FI, and my mom will notice. Especially because it was so hot and and humid in the reception venue they couldn't have their cake on display. No one ever saw their expensive wedding cake. Mine will be on display!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! See you at the REAL wedding!

Come on, that had to make you feel good inside. In a totally selfish way. lol

As far as rain on the wedding day, Zipis- it rained like you wouldn't believe the whole day of my wedding. Flash flooding and all. And it stopped about an hour before the ceremony, in time for the sun to come out and set beautifully.

THAT is a good sign. Wink
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's hilarious.  My favorite part:  "See you at the real wedding!"

Oh to be a fly on the wall at THAT wedding...
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh KD! What a pleasant event.  Glad you survived...On to the real wedding! lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Holy crap.

A camera crew for Bridezillas wasn't there, right?

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    What a trainwreck.  I hope for your cousin's sake she does grow up.

And don't stress about the cake.  I love wedding cake but couldn't tell you what it was at the last wedding I was at.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_holy-sht-show-batman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:23bc34e2-e463-448b-b441-59d2043dcedePost:f91ece30-3169-4665-b051-cb0e9cd158a2">Re: Holy sh*t show Batman</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy crap. A camera crew for Bridezillas wasn't there, right?
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]

I wish...it would have made for great TV.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards