Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Rose Ceremony Wording Help

Is this all too much. I wanted to do something a bit different and also include our moms (Noreen and Marion). Let me know if its too much or just to cut it all.

After the vows MOH and BM give Bride and Groom rose.  Officiant: “After the exchanging of rings, your first gift to each other, as husband and wife, is a single rose. The rose is a symbol of love so it is appropriate that it is your first gift.”

Bride and groom then exchange first gift.  Officiant: “Kelli and Shannon, in remembrance of this day, as a reaffirmation of your love and of the vows you have spoken here today please give each other a single rose each year on your anniversary. In the best of marriages there are difficult times. There are times of hurtful words, times of neglect, times when we must wait patiently to be together again. Those may be times when the words you really need to speak are difficult. I ask that you remember this moment and that when words fail you, that you place a single rose on your spouse’s pillow as a way to say, “I remember our vow,” and “I love you”. Let this exchanging of roses be the beginning of a lifelong tradition of unspoken love.      Continuing with including of mothers…Marriage is a coming together of two lives and a celebration of the love of two people. But it is more. The love that Kelli and Shannon feel for one another is the flowering of a seed that their parents planted in their hearts years ago. Today, as they embrace one another in their love, so do they embrace the families which have come together to celebrate with Kelli and Shannon on this happy occasion. As a sign of their love for their families, Bride and Groom would like to offer these roses, to their mothers, Marion and Noreen, as symbols of their love and gratitude. 

Marion and Noreen, Kelli and Shannon would like you to know that your efforts were not in vain and that your love and support is very much appreciated. They thank you for everything you have instilled in them. These roses are a promise that no matter how far away you are that you are not forgotten, and a reminder that you are always in their hearts.

How is the best way to blend the first and second part?

Re: Rose Ceremony Wording Help

• Options
    Could you perhaps give each of your mothers a small bouquet instead? The single rose thing was a personal gift/symbol between you and FI, and then you also give single roses to your moms? A bit strange.
    In all honesty, I'm not a fan of your wording in general. I really think this portion is kind of awful...It would make me cringe as a guest: "In the best of marriages there are difficult times. There are times of hurtful words, times of neglect"

Short, sweet, and positive/happy is always better. Perhaps just us this part for your mother portion?:

Today, as Bride and Groom embrace one another in their love, so do they embrace the families which have come together to celebrate with them on this happy occasion. As a sign of their love for their families, Bride and Groom would like to offer these bouquets to their mothers, Marion and Noreen, as symbols of their love and gratitude. 
  • Options
    Hi Kellacy- I just wanted to pass this one on to you in case it helps:

Marriage is a coming together of two lives, and a celebration of the love of two people. But it is more. The love that you feel for one another is the flowering of a seed your mothers planted in your hearts many years ago. When you were first born, you were a bundle of diapers and tears, and your mothers lost sleep caring for you. Their love for you has brought them great happiness and great challenges, and their love did not diminish as they met these challenges. That is the great lesson you can bring into your marriage. As you embrace one another in your love, so too do you embrace the families which have been brought together on this happy occasion. As a token of your gratitude for your families, I would like to ask you to offer these symbols of eternal love, these roses, to your mothers. (Both bride and groom can hand the roses to each mother together, offering the mothers kisses if they wish.)
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    I agree on the wording, it's kind of ominous and out of place. Marriages are difficult, but neglect is a very strong word, and conjures very negative images (like starved orphans or something).

As far as the roses go, I don't think it would be weird to hand roses around, but you might want to pay attention to the colors.  The colors of roses are very symbolic and have a long tradition of meanings.  You can make complex coded messages with them based on colors, shades of colors, and wether or not they have thorns (the interpretation of thornless is immediacy of emotion, or 'at first sight'.)

Here's a helpful link for quick decoding of colors:  http://www.theflowerexpert.com/content/aboutflowers/flowermeanings/rose-flower-meanings
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards