Not Engaged Yet
Options

Quick Question

I have a job interview today at noon what time should I actually show up? Like 5 minutes early?

Re: Quick Question

• Options
    I was always told ten mins is too early 5 mins is too late, so somewhere in between. Good luck!

• Options
    I'd say shoot to be there 15-20 minutes early. Go inside at about 7-10 mins early. You don't want to be TOO early but you can always sit in your car and wait... right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Do they have any paper work for you to fill out?  I go 15 minutes early if I know that they have paper work for me to fill out before the interview.  10 minutes is a good idea.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:271ac79c-64fe-4a0d-bf4f-0474b831a476Post:d0ef9aa3-e1aa-4058-9a82-644a67e1d18f">Re: Quick Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd say shoot to be there 15-20 minutes early. Go inside at about 7-10 mins early. You don't want to be TOO early but you can always sit in your car and wait... right?
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

This is what I do.  And I usually end up sitting in my car for about half an hour because I always overestimate my travel time.

Good luck in the interview!
  • Options
    I always try to get to an interview 10-15 minutes early. I also HATE to be late for things, so there have been plenty of times where I've actually had to sit in my car for 10-15 minutes because I've gotten there 20-30 minutes early.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    I don't think they have any paper work for me to fill out. I'll probaby end up sitting in my car for a bit. Thanks for the advice :)

• Options
    Elle, I do the same thing. But, then again, I'm anal retentive about being late - it's my BIGGEST pet peeve. If it were up to me, I'd write up all my employees when they are late, but my boss is a bit of a softy...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:271ac79c-64fe-4a0d-bf4f-0474b831a476Post:6d5808a1-2736-4e66-9db7-2f11c6c29669">Re: Quick Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle, I do the same thing. But, then again, I'm anal retentive about being late - it's my BIGGEST pet peeve. If it were up to me, I'd write up all my employees when they are late, but my boss is a bit of a softy...
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  Ditto.  I can't <em>stand</em> lateness.  I'm early to everything.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:271ac79c-64fe-4a0d-bf4f-0474b831a476Post:95dd818c-cb91-42a1-bb7e-51399ff5de12">Re: Quick Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Question : Ugh.  Ditto.  I can't stand lateness.  I'm early to everything.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

It drives me completely bonkers... It drives BF crazy, because he is either RIGHT on time, or late - and it flips me out - he says I need to chill lol 
  • Options
    Irish - When we meet IRL, make sure to schedule the time about 15-30 minutes before you plan to be there. I'll be late for my own funeral.

• Options
    I hate being late too. Growing up my parents always said that 15 minutes early was on-time and if you're going to be late you might as well not even go.

I think being late is really rude.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards