Not Engaged Yet

Re: .

• Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You sure have been busy on multiple month boards for not being engaged yet.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    louloubelle84louloubelle84 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was just noticing the same thing....
  • Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You seem to have it all figured out already...
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Op, the engagement is the time to plan the wedding. And if you're thinking of '13 you are definitely under no time constraints. Getting wrapped up in planning a wedding now, where there isn't even a wedding happening, isn't a good idea. You're missing your relationship in the now by thinking too much into the future and getting distracted by this horrible preplanning.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's stressful being crazy, perhaps she needed a break from reading and re-reading her post and the only way to stop herself was to delete it.

Or she thought she could erase the past.  I think it's a toss up between both. 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She obviously didn't like or know that you can see post history...

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_waitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:64242a04-3bfd-4fa3-8ba4-f7a734863d9dPost:be440fab-fa81-4dc4-b0d5-6b9be64d8205">Waitting for...</a>:
    [QUOTE]THE RING! So, We are not engaged yet... but my BF keeps telling me to look for wedding related stuff...and i do here and there to get ideas ect..... HE wants to get married june 2013...  ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!! because he keeps talking about stuff about the wedding and rings....  We picked out a couple rings.... and now im going crazy and wonder when he will officially propose!.  Has anyone dealt with waiting period?  I hope i dont sound crazy.. I post here and there...but BF latest thing is to look for a reception...anyone had a BF like that? I have a feeling engagement is going to happen soon.. Esp since he just got an offer for a really nice job!  Any thoughts or experiences? I love him more then ANYTHING! Over the weekend he told me what wedding song he wants for us at our reception...he is so sweet.... As a side note our Anninversary is in Aug!
    Posted by FutureMrsS13[/QUOTE]

She posted this on another board after she DD'd on this one.

OP, we don't validate crazy.

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sheesus.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *Removes leaf from Marley's book*

No.  No, no, no, no, NO.  I was about to start thinking about posting over on June 2013, and she went over there with her craziness.  And there were NO crazy people over there prior.  STOP THIS.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess we're just too mean to share with then.  Our loss.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • Options
    lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. The things I miss while cuddling with sick BF. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man I missed this!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:4c2f1019-3c39-4560-89e3-8e71221e0ac6">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_calling-june-2013-brides" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_calling-june-2013-brides</a> Someone come back me up.  Please.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I posted on here too.  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:a303cd66-71e1-4bde-8214-f8b687fad214">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I added my 2 cents.   I think TK helps to feed into the craziness with the tagline of this board (which was just recently discussed).  We need that guy who posted the other day to come back and tell us what the male species thinks of pre-planning girlfriends.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>Well I just showed my BF this thread, and I went and looked at some of her other posts.  He thinks its really weird and said that if I did that it would make him very uncomfortable.  </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:27ca1ddc-1934-4026-956c-d89652b2cc15">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. The things I miss while cuddling with sick BF. 
    Posted by lilphillips14[/QUOTE]

<div>Girl, I know! I missed the craziness by being at the circus!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, don't forget this.<div>
    </div><div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">In Response to <a style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;color:#1f1f1f;" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:63dd2be2-5ed9-42f7-ad99-0bb70187c282Post:0f122ea6-88b5-4e1d-8685-f51a47574274">Hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Me and FI </strong>are still debating on May or June...so Hope its okay i check in here and there! :)  Debating on 5.4.2013! Or 6.29.2013..  It depends when we start planning and  venues..ect :)  Hope yall dont mind! Id love either one...  June has more meaning because 29th is when we started to date :)
    Posted by FutureMrsS13[/QUOTE]
    </div></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:676996a8-4ab4-4706-9889-70c6f344af6b">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : Girl, I know! I missed the craziness by being at the circus!
    Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm still jealous that you were at the circus.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got told to go take my attitude elsewhere.  I think that makes me want to stay.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:11c5750c-a132-4067-8c48-011dbe7ab230">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : I'm still jealous that you were at the circus.

<div>I want to go to the circus!!  I went there as a kid and loved it.  I'm jealous.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:4e3fc42d-1354-44ac-896d-db3547d9ccc3">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got told to go take my attitude elsewhere.  I think that makes me want to stay.

<div>Squatters! -Said with a Shrek accent-</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:a2a20068-3015-4c93-8b49-7ecee3fc545d">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : I've read a handful of her posts, and she changes her colors, dates, and whether she has a BF or FI almost daily.   But obviously once her pre-planning plans are set, she'll never have a different opinion about colors, venues, dates, or photographers. ETA: She'll also probably not have a BF.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>But she takes pictures of him when he's getting out of his car when he gets home from work.</div><div>And she watches him while he makes dinner (men cooking? yeah right!) and relaxes.</div><div>That means he's her BF right?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:11c5750c-a132-4067-8c48-011dbe7ab230">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : I'm still jealous that you were at the circus.

<div>I was practically a little kid the whole time. It was awesome! </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:4e3fc42d-1354-44ac-896d-db3547d9ccc3">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got told to go take my attitude elsewhere.  I think that makes me want to stay.

<div>Do it.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She passively just called me a child.  Really?  Sweetheart, I've seen crazy much more than you have.  And once it infiltrates every corner of your life, it really gets frustrating.  I just wanted ONE crazy-free corner.  Just one.  Is that really too much to ask?
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:907eb03c-3ef3-4a04-be02-c62f39310822">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]She passively just called me a child.  Really?  Sweetheart, I've seen crazy much more than you have.  And once it infiltrates every corner of your life, it really gets frustrating.  I just wanted ONE crazy-free corner.  Just one.  Is that really too much to ask?
    Not at all. It is really ridiculous. <div>She has no right to be planning a wedding, even if her <em style="font-weight:bold;text-decoration:underline;">BF</em> tells her to or whatever her excuse is. She can kindly tell him until a ring is on her finger she'll wait to plan. She can move the wedding date back a year if she HAS to have it in June but shouldn't ruin what an engagment is meant for. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:cbb15d42-dd84-47cd-9690-53506dcb7dd3">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : Hopefully I've helped your case. Also, I'm now making a mental note NOT to get married in June of 2013 in case I need to post anything on a month board.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed, I think I'll be staying far away from that date if I at some point have a wedding to plan.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:cbb15d42-dd84-47cd-9690-53506dcb7dd3">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : Hopefully I've helped your case. Also, I'm now making a mental note NOT to get married in June of 2013 in case I need to post anything on a month board.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I mean, dear Jesus.  That's the thing.  When FI and I started talking about when we might want to get engaged, I lurked on the month boards.  Every other one we looked at had "BF MIGHT PROPOSE AT ANY SECOND!!!! OMG" This one was just so...normal.  Like it should be.  And that made me so happy.  The crazies should not just be allowed to roam free like that.  If you want to get married in June 2013, you should be able to.  And be able to post on the month board without the crazies being there.  BAHHHH</div><div>
    </div><div>Miraculously, Captain Neb Saving Newbs over there added me to the list.  Doesn't mean I'm not going to flame those who aren't engaged.  </div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:f61cd7b0-4bc1-4bab-adb0-9d7d7036d03b">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : I mean, dear Jesus.  That's the thing.  When FI and I started talking about when we might want to get engaged, I lurked on the month boards.  Every other one we looked at had "BF MIGHT PROPOSE AT ANY SECOND!!!! OMG" This one was just so...normal.  Like it should be.  And that made me so happy.  The crazies should not just be allowed to roam free like that.  If you want to get married in June 2013, you should be able to.  And be able to post on the month board without the crazies being there.  BAHHHH Miraculously, Captain Neb Saving Newbs over there added me to the list.  <strong>Doesn't mean I'm not going to flame those who aren't engaged</strong>.  
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>They need you over there.  I had never been on a month board before and it wasn't pretty.

</div>
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:f61cd7b0-4bc1-4bab-adb0-9d7d7036d03b">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : I mean, dear Jesus.  That's the thing.  When FI and I started talking about when we might want to get engaged, I lurked on the month boards.  Every other one we looked at had "BF MIGHT PROPOSE AT ANY SECOND!!!! OMG" This one was just so...normal.  Like it should be.  And that made me so happy.  The crazies should not just be allowed to roam free like that.  If you want to get married in June 2013, you should be able to.  And be able to post on the month board without the crazies being there.  BAHHHH Miraculously, Captain Neb Saving Newbs over there added me to the list. <strong> Doesn't mean I'm not going to flame those who aren't engaged.  </strong>

You go girl! I'm sorry she's infiltrated your month board that used to be crazy free. As the date moves closer hopefully you'll have far less "My BF might propose!" and a few more surprise ice rink wedding girls.

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:29817ef4-ab1c-49f3-9d8d-0d74f4d51debPost:f61cd7b0-4bc1-4bab-adb0-9d7d7036d03b">Re:.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:. : I mean, dear Jesus.  That's the thing.  When FI and I started talking about when we might want to get engaged, I lurked on the month boards.  Every other one we looked at had "BF MIGHT PROPOSE AT ANY SECOND!!!! OMG" This one was just so...normal.  Like it should be.  And that made me so happy.  The crazies should not just be allowed to roam free like that.  If you want to get married in June 2013, you should be able to.  And be able to post on the month board without the crazies being there.  BAHHHH Miraculously, Captain Neb Saving Newbs over there added me to the list.  Doesn't mean I'm not going to flame those who aren't engaged.  
    I backed you up.  Captain Neb Saving Newbs was wrong. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards