Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wedding band(s) help!

So FI and I kind of forgot that we needed to get wedding rings until this weekend. Anyway, I decided awhile ago that I wanted an amethyst and diamond band. Or a thin diamond band with a bottom amethyst band. I have looked everywhere including esty and I can't find what I'm looking for. I have never had anything made by a jeweler before so I have no idea what it would cost - so I'm working on finding something instore or online. Bluenile.com was no help. Here is what I am looking for:

This is the ring we currently intend on getting.

I want something like this but with princess cut diamonds.

My ring is really strange and while I have round cut pave diamonds on both side settings my center stone is princess cut and the ring looks better with a princess cut band. If I can't find an alternating diamond/amethyst setting, I would like a top band like this:

And a bottom band like this but with princess cut stones and a lighter purple if possible:

I would prefer white gold just to match my e-ring. Any ideas? I have looked and looked but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding band(s) help!

• Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love the amethyst. I think it would look very pretty with the band all amethyst. My wedding band is all rhodolite, so I'm a little biased.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no good at finding things on the interwebz...sorry dude.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found this on BlueNile, but it might not be what you're looking for:

http://www.bluenile.com/amethyst-eternity-ring_17212
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just to make sure I understand right (I'm sick--brain no worky). The second ring you posted is almost what you want, just with princess-cut stones instead of round.

If that's the case, find a couple of local jewelers and ask for a quote in whatever karat of white gold you want. You can show the photo and say "Like this, but with princess cut stones and 14k white gold."

Get a quote from at least two places. When I was first looking at having another jeweler recreate a ring, he could have actually done it for less than the price of the original.
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can probably have it made without it being "custom". That's a pretty standard band so I would think it would be considered custom past the stones. FWIW My uncle had FI pick a ring out of a catalog. The rings come in with no stones in them at all, it's just the metal. My uncle hand chose every diamond that is in my ring and gave FI the choice of princess or round side stones.

Talk to a few jewelers. Explain what you want and see what they can do.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you, ladies! Paige it's coolio lady friend.

AP - I knew you would appreciate the thought process behind the amethyst. :) I LOVE purple and It's just what I would really enjoy.

Leia - That's a great idea. I wasn't really sure how to approach the jeweler situation and having it made. I really don't want to pay a fortune!

GPB - it's like you're in my mind. Thats pretty perfect and well within my price range. I just need it in princess cut diamonds which probably won't happen but it's still gorgeous.

Thank you for the help, darlings!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found this one but I'm not sure if you're wanting an eternity band or not

www.myindulge.com.au/shop/search.htm?filter_search=amethyst&filter_category=4&filter_supplier=-1&filter_price=-1&filter_sort=1&filter_submit.x=0&filter_submit.y=0&filter_submit=Go">

You might have better luck going to a couple of jeweler's and getting a quote. Seems like a pretty standard ring so I would think it wouldn't be too expensive to go that route.

edit: clicking on the link doesn't seem to work but if you copy and paste it should but here's the pic from the site if it doesn't

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a custom jeweler to

1.) FINALLY have my ring sized after almost 6 months. They were actually willing to do it, which no one else has been and I'll have it back by Friday for only $33. Score!

2.) Get a quote on exactly what we are looking for. She said she would have one when I picked my ring up. :) We shall see how much it costs. I'm hoping not more than $500.

Sapphire - I love that. I dont mind the eternity band as long as it's channel set. That is pretty close to what we're looking for. Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I'll look for something better

Let me know what you think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got a better one:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/51166531/pink-sapphire-and-amethyst-pave-half

Its a little above $500, is that okay?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board