Not Engaged Yet
Options

BSC neighbors

So, my Sunday morning:

Some background info:
  • In the almost two years I have lived in my small apartment building, I have had no fewer than four neighbors in the apartment below me. The newest tenants are a very young couple who moved in several weeks ago. (I should point out that it's a studio -- teeny-tiny for two people.)
  • My walls & floor are really thin. There are no secrets in this building.
  • Said young couple below me rarely use their inside voices, despite the fact that their entire apartment is about the size of my living room.
  • I had a loud, violent-sounding domestic dispute happen next door one night last year, did not call the police & felt terrible about it for weeks. (They have since moved out. My building is totally a revolving door.)
Having said that...

I rolled out of bed at about 10:45 a.m. (totally not a morning person on weekends) & was preparing to make a late breakfast when I heard some yelling & banging around downstairs. More slamming around, then the guy angrily yelling some of George Carlin's seven words you can never say on television. THEN the girl crying really loudly.

So what did I do, standing in my kitchen in my PJs, with my cellphone in hand? I called 911.

And then I panicked, threw on a jacket, grabbed my purse & ran out the door, in case the guy wanted to give me hell after the police left. (These people are really jerks.)

Turns out the police in this town have nothing to do on Sunday mornings. It was maybe three minutes from me hanging up with 911 to me walking out the door, and the police were already standing on the guy's step when I opened my door. I heard them say the neighbors had reported some loud, angry noise, and I have to say I quickened my step (although I'm not the only neighbor & they keep their windows open on nice days). After the guy closed the door, I waved the cops over, told them I had made the call & said I was a little concerned the couple might make my life difficult. They kind of shrugged & said the guy had said it was just a minor argument over "stupid stuff." (Isn't it always "stupid stuff"? Also, I'm sure I looked BSC myself, with teeth unbrushed, wearing a green jacket, purple sweatpants & orange flip-flops at 11 a.m.)

I drove around for a couple hours, then went home & parked my car around the corner from the building. The couple wasn't home, but got home a couple hours ago. They have not been using their inside voices, but he hasn't been cursing at her, either.

My lease is up in a month & I'm looking to relocate anyway, or I'd be out of here in two shakes. Riddikulus.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Re: BSC neighbors

• Options
    This sounds like the girl who lived next to me my sophomore year of college, only I could only hear one side of the fight over the phone. Lots of screaming, cursing, crying, slamming doors, hanging up and then calling back...

If they moved out why were they in the apartment? Were they packing up?
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Sorry, the people who were fighting today live below me & just moved in a few weeks ago. The people who had the domestic last year that I didn't report lived next to me &, at least I believe, have moved out.

My building has two large one-bedrooms on the top floor & four studios on the bottom floor. So my apartment touches two below & one next to me. (At least the third neighbor is really quiet.)

• Options
    Oh god, so you get it from all over! I'm glad you're looking to relocate soon, that sounds horrible.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    As my 16-year-old cousin likes to write on Facebook: IKR? I had one day to find an apartment when I accepted a job here two years ago. Sometimes I think I should have checked into a motel for a couple weeks & kept looking. I've been job-hunting in St. Louis (I live about 150 miles north of STL) for several months now, though, or I'd be already gone like the Eagles...

• Options
    You called 911 because of some banging and loud cursing?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bsc-neighbors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b0b14c2-3cc2-49e9-9e47-081a83e53328Post:a0ad69d5-4109-4ce3-952a-265ff3870563">Re:BSC neighbors</a>:
    [QUOTE]You called 911 because of some banging and loud cursing?
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this too.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Yeah. I know. I keep wondering if I overreacted. I guess I'll know when he keys my car! Hahahasigh.

On the other hand, if he knows half the building can hear every time he yells at her, maybe he won't be such a jackarse to her. Though I'm sure that's wishful thinking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards