Not Engaged Yet

Friday Confessional

2»

Re: Friday Confessional

• You can add me to this list of people who would find it strange if my FI called me his wife.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:484c0ba9-561d-47f3-abf5-7ba41f6dd99b">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : It's a hybrid of spaghetti and lasagna.  And it's delicious.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Oh that does sound really good!!!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:10ddcee7-5452-4684-a088-cc2176716240">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : I confess that I find that to be incredibly weird. I don't think I would like it if BF did that.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I threw me for a loop when it came out of his mouth, but our situation is kinda weird. </div><div>
    </div><div>Legally speaking I'm still married and IMO you can't be engaged to one person while still being married to someone else, so I'm not pressing for a ring, or planning anything 'cause that would be highly inappropriate to me. </div><div>
    </div><div>Him calling me his wife to me let me know that he was at least thinking about marriage and being around long term, plus I'm pretty sure he isn't even aware he said it. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:ad31876a-ce24-4501-a781-84d207fd40ef">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : I threw me for a loop when it came out of his mouth, but our situation is kinda weird.  Legally speaking I'm still married and IMO you can't be engaged to one person while still being married to someone else, so I'm not pressing for a ring, or planning anything 'cause that would be highly inappropriate to me.  Him calling me his wife to me let me know that he was at least thinking about marriage and being around long term, plus I'm pretty sure he isn't even aware he said it. 
    Posted by rusngl2[/QUOTE]

The fact that you are indeed someone else's wife makes this even stranger to me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess my diet and attempts at working out are failing miserably lately.  My mile times are 1 whole min slower than they usually are.  That's how out of shape I am after my month of bronchitis.  Somehow, I still haven't kicked anything into gear. Wah:(

I confess that I am a really bad gf and I have given very few Christmas gift ideas to BF.  I gave him a few to pass along to his mom, that clearly are not meant to be BF gifts, or ridiculously expensive ideas like a LV purse (that won't happen).  Why?  Because part of me really wants that ring he started working on last month to be my present.  I really just need the gift of patience.

I confess I would like a job that pays the same without the stress.  I don't think this will happen in a million years, but a girl can dream.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess I feel guilty about all the chips and donuts that I eat so I've not been posting on the accountability board. If I post my plan for the day it will be ok calorie-wise, but then I get home and ooo there's donuts and ooo pringles so I totally cheat on it. So if I don't post on it then I don't have to feel guilty for cheating.

I confess I'm feeling bad about quitting my job. Partly because BF is now stressing about money even though it's totally covered. And partly because I think I'll miss having the routine to my week.

I confess that spasagna sounds delicious. And may make it onto my table this weekend. Cooking lasagne sheets irritates me. So thank you Elle!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:6583c0d5-8e8e-476e-9be4-a92f3590f4cd">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : The fact that you are indeed someone else's wife makes this even stranger to me. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>LOL!! OH if I told you the whole story you'd probably walk away shaking your head saying this is MUD. My life like everyone else's is "unique"  but I don't wanna hi-jack this thread.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I confess I don't seek out drama, but it does tend to follow me around like a lost puppy looking for a home</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:fa8a28aa-3e65-40f2-ab80-532aa33f6bfa">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess my diet and attempts at working out are failing miserably lately. <strong> My mile times are 1 whole min slower than they usually are.  </strong>That's how out of shape I am after my month of bronchitis.  Somehow, I still haven't kicked anything into gear. Wah:( I confess that I am a really bad gf and I have given very few Christmas gift ideas to BF.  I gave him a few to pass along to his mom, that clearly are not meant to be BF gifts, or ridiculously expensive ideas like a LV purse (that won't happen).  Why?  Because part of me really wants that ring he started working on last month to be my present.  I really just need the gift of patience. I confess I would like a job that pays the same without the stress.  I don't think this will happen in a million years, but a girl can dream.
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

I had this same problem when I lost a month to a really nasty cold.  It took a couple of weeks before my distance and pace came back.  You'll get there again! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:888a89e6-778c-486e-a385-2ebb04f275ee">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I ate like crap this week, and barely worked out. I feel awful for it.  I am waiting to hear back on this house we want and it's making me a nervous wreck. I hate when people use the phrases at work "squared away"  and "keep me posted" makes me want to punch them in the nuts.... assuming it's a male of course.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

What's the house situation? Did you put an offer in? What's it like?
  • steignsteign member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I confess that I don't see how someone can not realize they call their GF their wife? I mean, I could see it if you were just about to be married and engaged.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• rusngl2rusngl2 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:b6310d2a-42bc-43e8-90ef-4201466d4503">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I don't see how someone can not realize they call their GF their wife? I mean, I could see it if you were just about to be married and engaged.
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

<div>It was a one time thing, he doesn't do it on a regular basis. We have already decided that we are getting married once my legal issues are taken care of. (There are some valid back issues to why I haven't filed yet) But we do live together, I think it was just a slip of the tongue....</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:639ecc39-b0e2-499e-b163-4d6cfc61129c">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : LOL!! OH if I told you the whole story you'd probably walk away<strong> shaking your head</strong> saying this is MUD. My life like everyone else's is "unique"  but I don't wanna hi-jack this thread. I confess I don't seek out drama, but it does tend to follow me around like a lost puppy looking for a home

Already doing that.  I wouldn't tolerate my bf saying this.  This is even more odd considering you are still legally someone else's wife.  I'm divorced so I understand the difference between the legal and emotional ties that happen at the end of a marriage.  But in my opinion, that's not cool.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:7311f937-7076-4adc-ae1d-6faa8e444020">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : I had this same problem when I lost a month to a really nasty cold.  It took a couple of weeks before my distance and pace came back.  You'll get there again! 

Thanks Heather!   I keep telling myself this.  The extra motivation has been hard this time, but I know I just need to keep lacing up the shoes and get out there.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I confess that I didn't already confess that I ate ice cream for dinner last night. But I didn't confess it because I didn't feel guilty about it. You know what? I still don't feel guilty :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:f845606f-2642-44bd-bbed-a9d8dc7e97e8">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : Thanks Heather!   I keep telling myself this.  The extra motivation has been hard this time, but I know I just need to keep lacing up the shoes and get out there.
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

If you aren't actively training for a race, I found it really helpful to stop timing my runs while I was getting back into things.  It made it a lot easier to get back from a run and be all "Yay I had a nice run" instead of "Why am I so slow! I hate running!" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:cc1535a4-4e23-44c4-a835-3df44bc07284">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : If you aren't actively training for a race, I found it really helpful to stop timing my runs while I was getting back into things.  It made it a lot easier to get back from a run and be all "Yay I had a nice run" instead of "Why am I so slow! I hate running!" 

This is probably the best advice.  I am super competitive and even will compete with myself to "beat" my pace times.  There is no point right now because any race won't happen until the spring.  It would probably make me so much happier to not have my garmin beeping at me.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I confess I acted like a 5 year old last night when BF's response to me bringing home a 4ft tree to put up (after he told me I could) was "Like hell you're putting that up in here!"  I walked away and refused to speak to him for a good 10 minutes, until he said I could put it up and we'd see if it could stay.  It did.

I confess I'm also being a complete brat about my current job situation.  I'm supposed to be interviewing for another job, and this one wants to send me to CA after my contract is over.  I don't want to go, partially because it's my birthday, partially because my grandparents are flying in that weekend, and a lot because I'm already working my anniversary for a conference for them.  Thankfully they've put booking tickets on hold until after I interview, but if I have to go, I will probably cry.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:c57f1f5a-dcf2-4459-ae3a-76f88d7fe0a6">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I confess I acted like a 5 year old last night when BF's response to me bringing home a 4ft tree to put </strong>up (after he told me I could) was "Like hell you're putting that up in here!"  I walked away and refused to speak to him for a good 10 minutes, until he said I could put it up and we'd see if it could stay.  It did. I confess I'm also being a complete brat about my current job situation.  I'm supposed to be interviewing for another job, and this one wants to send me to CA after my contract is over.  I don't want to go, partially because it's my birthday, partially because my grandparents are flying in that weekend, and a lot because I'm already working my anniversary for a conference for them.  Thankfully they've put booking tickets on hold until after I interview, but if I have to go, I will probably cry.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I probably would've pouted a little, too.  BF promised me we could buy a fake tree for our dining room.  When I asked him to go shopping for one, he was like "what and miss football".  Um, there is college or pro football on EVERYDAY of the week.  You can miss a day and one game to buy a tree.

Not sure what to say on the job.  That sucks that you would miss your family time.  Sometimes we do crazy stuff to pay the bills.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • edited November 2012
    I confess I'm sad that I didn't get a position I applied for at work.  The lack of guaranteed hours I'm stuck with is frustrating - some weeks I get 40 hours, others I get 15-20.  Consistency would have been nice.

I confess that I would be upset if BF called me his wife before we were married.  I find that strange.

I confess I'm super excited for our 8th anniversary.  Hopefully the weather co-operates so our ski adventure can actually happen.  I'm partically excited because this means we get cake.  I really want cake.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess that I never understood the desire to work out until these last 3 months.  I have gained a ton of weight from being inactive and it makes me mad.  Hopefully next quarter I can force myself to start going to the gym or get a different bike so I can do something.  I am getting so fat :(

I confess I really don't want to do this paper that is due tonight and I am procrastinating big time.  
    I confess that I should be studying, doing homework, and writing papers this weekend but on Saturday I am going to the German Christmas market.  <---this girl is lazy.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:2512b549-ae3e-4780-b500-86be1e08a5c5">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I never understood the desire to work out until these last 3 months.  I have gained a ton of weight from being inactive and it makes me mad.  Hopefully next quarter I can force myself to start going to the gym or get a different bike so I can do something.  I am getting so fat :( I confess I really don't want to do this paper that is due tonight and I am procrastinating big time.   I confess that I should be studying, doing homework, and writing papers this weekend but on Saturday I am going to the German Christmas market.  <strong><---this girl is lazy.</strong>
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

It's okay. I'm being lazy too. I have two papers to write and a presentation to put together for finals week and I've only kind of started on them.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:d8d54f0e-fa00-40b1-8186-1bd1571d7d32">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional :  Correct, we are NEY but he's introducing me as his wife...confused much...I let it slide and keep trying to think of it as a slip of the tongue. 

Haha Bf has done this twice and then corrected himself. He's only accidently called me his FI once. All three times he turned so red! It was funny and cute. :)

I confess that the stuff they had me drink during my 24hr gulbadder flush tasted like cranberry-olive and was oily. Yuck.

I confess that after the flush was over and I could eat again I went and got a large frilly coffee from starrybuts. I also went and made chicken taquitos and mexican style rice.

I also confess that this one lady at work needs to suddenly move to the North Pole or find a worm hole in the fabric of time and not come back. EVER.

Oh and I've skipped out my workouts for the past 2 days... opps :/
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess that I am a little jealous of everyone's Christmas decorating plans.  The other day, I mentioned something about Christmas to FI, and he said, "But you don't really even make a big deal out of celebrating holidays."  This is partially true, but mostly because it is more fun to celebrate as a family rather than a stressed out student/single parent and a preschooler.  Even at that, I have decorated for a few years with A.  Any old way, we aren't going to be in town for Christmas, so there is no point of decking the place out.  Maybe I am just being nostalgic.  

I also confess I wish I was able to log in during the day, because I miss all the fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards