Not Engaged Yet
Options

Pizza crust made from cauliflower???

I just came across this recipe & I am now DYING to make it.  I think I'm going to buy cauliflower tomorrow on my way home from work and make this for dinner tomorrow night! It looks SO good.  I would use low-fat mozzarella cheese of course & maybe just put veggies on it to lighten it up. Thoughts?

ETA: She made hawaiian pizza & it was 4 points+ per slice.  It says for JUST the crust it's 2 points+ per slice.

Re: Pizza crust made from cauliflower???

• Options
    noooooooooooooooooooo ;)
  • Options
    Haha are you anti-cauliflower?! 

• Options
    I've never tried it, but I have been seeing a lot of substitutions using cauliflower, and I've been wanting to try those too. Let me know how they come out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Ooh, if you make it, please tell me how it is! It's gluten free, so if it tastes good, it's definitely worth a try :D!

• Options
    I am anti-cauliflower. JK, let me know how it comes out.

I made pizza dough from scratch last night. I was wicked proud of myself.
  • Options
    If I had seen this recipe before I went out earlier I would have gotten that instead of stuff for turkey chili taco soup!

Hmm.. I have to pick my friend up from the train later so maybe I'll stop & grab cauliflower & make this tonight & save the soup for tomorrow night. 

I'll let you guys know!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pizza-crust-made-cauliflower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c4c088e-5cce-4155-8421-4104e21913bfPost:93c31373-f523-4384-9b05-52b439d64e88">Re: Pizza crust made from cauliflower???</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I had seen this recipe before I went out earlier I would have gotten that instead of stuff for turkey chili taco soup! Hmm.. I have to pick my friend up from the train later so maybe I'll stop & grab cauliflower & make this tonight & save the soup for tomorrow night.  I'll let you guys know!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Take pictures. Please and thank you.
  • Options
    AMAZING!!! I am saving this recipe. I love cauliflower and I love pizza. I can do without the pineapple on the pizza though. Yuck. 

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    wow please let me know how it turns out. I just made some cheesy mashed cauliflower that was amazing, so I would love to hear how the pizza crust comes out.

Anniversary

• Options
    I would also really like to know how this comes out!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I`m kinda hesitant to try a bunch of these cauliflower substitution things, partly becaue BF hates caluflower, so if I don`t like it, I`d have to eat it all myself (the only 2 veggies I know of that he doesn`t like are cauliflower and cucumber, 2 veggies I actually do like). But also because usually the original tastes sooooo good. Like mashed potatoes. Apparently mashed cauliflower is the new mashed potatoes. I just can`t see it being as good!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes, ditto everyone else. I just got used to cauliflower "mashed potatoes" (I know, sacrilege) so I'm interested. Honestly, it looks like a flat crust or something like a hash brown crust rather than an actual doughy pizza crust. Can't wait to hear the results, though!
  • Options
    Hey ladies,
    I'm a huge lurker and haven't actually posted here before but I had to jump in. I LOVE this recipe. FI and I use cauliflower for a lot. We do the pizza but we've also used it to make "fried rice." Sooo good. Let me know if you'd want the fried rice recipe :)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_pizza-crust-made-cauliflower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c4c088e-5cce-4155-8421-4104e21913bfPost:e809e6b9-fc83-4bef-b2c5-de6a72e72e22">Re: Pizza crust made from cauliflower???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, I'm a huge lurker and haven't actually posted here before but I had to jump in. I LOVE this recipe. FI and I use cauliflower for a lot. We do the pizza but we've also used it to make "fried rice." Sooo good. Let me know if you'd want the fried rice recipe :)
    Posted by jparli[/QUOTE]

Post any and all good recipes, we're mostly seeking healthier recipes, but if you have an amazing cheat worthy recipe I'll take that too! :)

P.S. HI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just told Greg about this and he gave me the look of death. Which of course means I will be trying it out this week.

:)

Let's have a cauliflower pizza thread on Friday and discuss!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    I was too lazy to go back to the supermarket yesterday but I'm stopping there on my way home from work to pick up cauliflower, eggs, & some toppings!

I will report back tonight with pics!

• Options
    Oooh...I have a giant head of cauliflower in the fridge. Soooo making this tonight! Thanks for the recipe rdr!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards