Not Engaged Yet
Options

Proof I'm insane

I just made a doctor's appointment for next Monday...and I'm already stressing that she's going to want to take my blood.  (It's a new doctor, so she doesn't know how deathly afraid of needles I am...this should be fun.)

I feel really bad for all my doctors involved.  In good news, I did NOT pass out the last time someone stabbed me with a needle.  So hopefully I can keep up the good work.

So, what scares you to no end?  It is Halloween time, after all...
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: Proof I'm insane

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh I completely understand where you're coming from.  I have a very serious fear of needles too and yes, I'm a fainter aswell.  It's not that I think it's painful at all, just when I see the needle I start getting sick to my stomach.  I pretty much faint every single time a needle comes near me.  So...if you're insane, then I'm insane!

The one other thing I am terrified of is worms.  If I see one I will run and scream like a baby.
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I hate spiders. Have to leave the room and can't go back for hours. I don't like needles either, but I can handle them.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sadly, while I am facinated by all things medical, my brain decides to shut down (aka pass out).  So while I'm sitting there going, "Cool, she just popped the skin, look at all that pretty red blood in the tube... wait, why is my vision blurring?" and then I drop to the ground.

My trick is to take my other hand and hold it under the arm where they're taking blood - I pinch myself just when they start, and it distracts my brain so the "fight or flight" doesn't kick in.  And I just DON'T LOOK!  And breathe.  It works for me, haven't passed out in a few years now!

I'm not afraid of much... I walk through haunted hauses without batting an eye, I'll pick up spiders and bugs, I like graveyards, I'm a total daredevil.  But I don't like cars - when other people drive, I get really anxious.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh! I hate needles! When I see one, I feel all hot and dizzy. I'm also a fainter and faint every time blood needs to be drawn. Blood also is horrible and makes me feel sick and fainty.

The other thing that I'm terrified of is cockroaches! I freak out and scream and run when I see them.
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bit sadistic in the way I like watching the nurse take blood, or that I happily volunteer to donate blood. 

I don't like spiders, roaches, milipeds, etc. but I can handle looking at them and being in the same room, BUT I refuse to touch them and have to get FI to take care of them.  Roaches are the worst! 
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    edited December 2011
    The world needs people like you, motoLyn! :)  My ex used to donate blood all the time and I was like "dang, you're so awesome."  lol

I'm also really jumpy in and around the townhouse (I think I watch too much Criminal Minds...) and can be counted on to scream if BF walks up the stairs when I'm not paying attention.  It's always good for some laughs.

And flying freaks me out a bit, but my dad does it EVERY weekend so I kinda know it's pretty safe by now.  I just don't like not being in control (that's the same reason I'm scared of needles, I think)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably a weird one that doesn't hate needles.  Doesn't mean I enjoy them necessarily, but I don't really freak out.  However, doctors offices in general just make me really nervous ( I hate doctors) so everytime they check my pulse, it's always high.

I also don't like spiders.  I'm fine with daddy long legs and the little tiny ones, but anything that I don't know what kind it is, I freak out just because I don't know if they are poisonous or not.  Just the fact that they can hide in all kinds of small places and you can get bit without knowing is what really freaks me out.

I also sort of freak out with bees.  Not because they scare me at all, but because I'm like 90% sure I'm allergic.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is anyone else getting nauseous just reading this thread? lol

I'm deathly afraid of snakes..I won't go out in my backyard in the summer. Only in the winter or whenever else it's absolutely too cold for snakes to come out.
    "Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?" ~~~Scarlett O'Hara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scared to death of spiders. Or anything that's all creepy crawly with a bunch of legs. Millipede's and so forth just creep me out.  Could do without clowns too.

Oh btw ladies did you know, that in a person's lifetime they will swallow about 8 spiders in their sleep? I feel if i have to deal with this information, that I shouldn't be the only one lol.
    When is my wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not particularly scared of needles...I just don't like pain. I've had to get a few shots recently and those few seconds while I'm waiting to get stuck last foreverrrr.

I'm not too particularly scared of any other creepy crawly things. I have a stinkbug infestation in my apartment and they just annoy me more than anything :-/
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also not scared of needles. I can't watch getting blood drawn or getting a shot, but it doesn't make me faint.

Spiders scare me. I'm allergic. Well to at least one kind anyway. Got a bite, went to ER, DR said I was getting blood poisoning, needed IV, took pills for a month. Ick.

I am terrified of an intruder entering my house or car; of being abducted/attacked/murdered, etc, pretty much all that stuff they show on CSI/ Law &  Order or what have you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jemmini - you & I are a lot alike.  I've got white coat syndrome, too - not all doctors offices, just some and I can pretty much predict what my blood pressure will be when I get there...but they're not usually worried about it, esp since I've been hospitalized for low blood pressure on more than one occasion. 

Needles don't bother me, either.  I would like to donate blood, but I had Lyme Disease about 10 years ago and there are still too many unknowns with Lyme Disease, so they don't want to take any chances and they just say no thanks to my blood.

Spiders and crickets freak me out...FI will just pick them up in his hand and put them outside - I have to whack the heck out of them and make sure they're beyond dead before I'm ok.
  • Options
    coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of spiders. My BFF just called me and said she saw a huge spider outside her house and saw her neighbor's outside and asked them to come kill it. Well when they stepped on it thousands of baby spiders went EVERYWHERE. She is freakkked out. Now she wants me to come over to watch a movie to get her mind off of it. Um, I have to walk where all those baby spiders are?! ewwww.
    When is my wedding
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unstable heights.

Going over bridges on a bus.

Strange but that's what does 'er

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    edited December 2011
    I'm almost sad I made this thread - it gave me the heebie jeebies :)  oh man.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Last night, I dreamed that there was a full-blown, huge, hairy tarantula in my bathroom.  The dream was so terrifying that it woke me up (a rare occurence) and I had to resist the temptation to go sleep on the couch in the living room - far away from the bathroom.  *shudder*

Needles don't bother me at all.  Getting stuck is not exactly pleasant, but I don't actually fear it.  I donate blood regularly.

I'm really afraid of traffic.  Whether I'm driving in my car, or just riding my bike, other drivers terrify me.
  • Options
    redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i hate the dentist. i had one horrible dentist who was not suctioning the stuff out of my  mouth and i felt like i was choking. she ended up puting the drill on my lip and taking out a huge chunk
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This thread reminded me to get my flu shot (considering I'm on a plane a few times a month, any illness prevention is a good idea... I also chug Airborne, though I hate that stuff).

So thank you all for the talk about needles, you've done your good deed for the day by getting me to go get my shot!

Anniversary

• Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hvsn't had any shots or anything in about two years but I still make my mom go with me to hold my hand when needles are involved. She usually ask me all sorts of weird questions to keep my mind off of it.

I. HATE. SPIDERS. There have been at least 3 in my house the other day and there was one hanging out in my work shoes here at work yesterday. They're after me I tell you.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proof-im-insane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2ec10fa0-a479-4de4-8b20-e4336034037fPost:0beeb6de-8a3d-438e-8dcf-2777c25318ec">Re: Proof I'm insane</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hvsn't had any shots or anything in about two years but I still make my mom go with me to hold my hand when needles are involved. She usually ask me all sorts of weird questions to keep my mind off of it.<strong> I. HATE. SPIDERS. There have been at least 3 in my house the other day and there was one hanging out in my work shoes here at work yesterday. They're after me I tell you.</strong>
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]

<div>There was one in my shower this morning.  I looked up and it was coming down into the water.  I was like "no...No...NOOOOOO" Then jumped out of the stall, grabbed a towel and ran out of the room.  FBD came and saved me from it.  Tell FI he needs to be your spider killer;)</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Needles don't really phase me anymore. I used to have a really hard time with them, but after the last two years and all the medical issues I've had, I've had enough needle sticks for it to be old news.

I'm deathly afraid of spiders. I nearly jumped out of a moving car over a spider the side of an eraserhead one time. Also deathly afraid of guns, but that's for good reason.

I don't know if it's necessarily a fear, but I tend to get claustrophobic in places/situations in which I cannot see an exit or can't clearly see what's around me. Hence my total adversion to night/low-visibility diving.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards