Not Engaged Yet
Options

Lent anyone?

2»

Re: Lent anyone?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_lent-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f032fa4-f77e-4499-be51-09c21ba21e8bPost:140f7364-2f35-4aff-85ee-29d1eff3de27">Re: Lent anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lent anyone? : I'm sure you know going vegan means more than just going without meat or dairy products.  A vegan does not eat anything even made with meat or dairy products.  So, soup made with chicken stock is a no go.  Pasta made with eggs is a no go.  And so on and so forth.  It's not necessarily just going without meat and dairy products.
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]
    Indeed I know this.  And I do this though probably not the quite the extreme that a true vegen might go since I don't have any ethical issues behind it.  I've never stopped eating pasta.  lol
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    My family comes from two of the biggest Catholic strongholds, Ireland and Italy, but I'm not Catholic. More Presbyterian with agnostic tendencies.

Anyway, I don't observe Lent, but I went to a Catholic university, so Lent in 2000 or 2001 is when I first gave up meat since a few friends were, too. Now I'm a pescatarian instead of full vegetarian, but it's been a long time!
  • Options
    It sounds super lame and not normal but I'm giving up watching TV shows online. Mainly because I have a serious addiction to Doctor Who which interferes with my schoolwork and sleep patterns. :P I have a friend who gave up anime/manga one year because she read it obsessively.
    Food is the general consensus since it is supposed to be a period of fasting in the church. My mother generally used Lent as a time to force herself not to eat chocolate. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards