Not Engaged Yet
Options

Everyone's tickers are moving so fast!

Especially you, Jeana.

How's everyone feeling about this?
Anniversary

Re: Everyone's tickers are moving so fast!

• Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Freaked out.

I made mock ups of my wheat centerpieces yesterday. They're pretty cool. But i couldn't find my camera to PIP them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm freaked out about Jeana's ticker!  AHHH!!

As far as mine.. I wish I would have never made one.  I didn't even realize how close it was until I made that darn thing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also pretty freaked out. I don't even look at the ticker anymore.

I have a meeting with our coordinator today and I feel so unprepared. I need to finalize our ceremony order and finalize our programs so they can be printed, but the minister hasn't returned Josh's calls.

What do I do? Leave it as I assume it will probably go and just hope nobody notices if it changes? Goodness I really hate waiting for people. This wedding is happening whether I have things the way I want them or not.

At least our friend who is doing a reading has confirmed he WILL be reading, and he WILL be reading the suggestion I sent him. He liked it. So that's on the program. And the music, too. The only things I need to know are a) will the minister read 1 Corinthians 13, b) is the order I have things the way he normally does it (I'm okay with swapping things around I just want to know), and c) are all the spellings of everyone's names correct?

I assume so. But you know the time I don't ask for confirmation is the time I'll mistype something.

Also, my mom was pestering me about what my grandfathers should wear. WHY SHOULD I CARE? They'll be in pictures, tell them to look nice.

I honestly, really, truly, have enough other stuff to worry about Mom. Just, make an educated decision.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is my assumption on the ceremony, which I'll just have printed on the programs if I don't hear otherwise by Sunday (the printer's deadline).

Welcome

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

Exchange of Vows

Reading

Excerpt from Whistling in the Dark

Exchange of Rings

Prayer

Presentation of the Couple

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds pretty great to me!
  • Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Hetshup your ticker is the one that gets me, I think because I was on the boards when you got engaged! It seems like it was yesterday, but you're getting married in 5 months! WILD!!!

Jeana your ceremony looks great! It seems like it will be relatively short and sweet. Perfect.

• Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Paint, I'll work on that. Innocent

Oh Oh! I forgot, my mom works with a wedding coordinator and if you want to elope in Paso Robles I can get you a TON of info! It's really pretty in October, which is where my date originally came from.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want Jeana's ticker to stop because her wedding is 2 days after my bday and I am not ready for that to be here yet.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Paint. That's the point. We're shooting for less than 30 minutes. 15 minutes would be awesome. We'd love to get the business out of the way and then just relax with our friends and family.

I can't wait to be his wife. I don't think I say that enough. Last night we went to bed and he cuddled up to me and said "I choose YOU to be my wife!"

He was being goofy and cheesy... we had just watched the Fellowship of the Ring. Who knows what was going through his geeky head. But it was so sweet. I'm going to be Mrs. Josh in 3 weeks! Laughing

Now, if only this wedding would just WORK. I feel like I'm trying to wind a clock with rusted-out gears. It goes, then it stops, and then it goes at a random time... and then I try to wind it up and it's waaaaay harder to turn than it SHOULD be. Grr.

Wedding? Crappy amount of work and stress.

Marrying Josh? Blissful.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AW Jeana, you always say the greatest things.  I'm so darn happy for you and Josh.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of these tickers are moving too quickly.  It feels like just yesterday you got engaged, Jeana. 

Hetshup's ticker freaks me out because Mr. Man will definitey be here by then.  In fact, he will probably be 6+ weeks old.

Paint, I will back up Paso Robles being gorgeous in October.  Plus their downtown area is freaking adorable! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kind of wish my ticker would move faster, going 6 months without seeing BF is just too long. I am not complaining though, LD has been good for us.

Yay on everyone else's tickers moving quickly! I can only imagine how exciting/stressfull it is
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe it's so soon already Jeana , I am so amazingly excited for you and hope all the loose ends tie up easily and soon for you - just reading it all is stressing me out , lol. It's hard to believe how fast time flies by..must be a product of getting older. But i'm so freaking happy for you and Josh it's coming !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're one to talk, Mutley! It doesn't seem like that long ago you were planning a fall farm wedding!

Now you've got a baby bump that just keeps getting bigger! Before I know it, you'll be birthing kids at home in your bathtub or something. You're like superwoman.

Don't ask what made me think of that. Probably something about online vegan friends a few years ago.

Seriously, though. I'll blink and you'll go from "engaged" to "mommy of three" in no time.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ghee!! Jeana you are so close!!

I'm coming to you as soon as you are back from your HM about what went on in your last 6 weeks.

Tomorrow is 3 months!!

And I just found out that a good friend from SC is going to be able to make the trip!! I'm so excited! I didn't think she would be able to! Hoorayy!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eeekkk.  No birthing at home, much to my mother's chagrin.  I would like the option to have drugs. 

It is surreal.  This time last year, we were planning our wedding.  And now...  we're picking out paint colors for Mr. Man's room.

Hopefully, I'll be a mommy to 3 in about 3 years, and then to 4 in 5 years. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mutley the baby making machine!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Paint, I'll back Mutley up, I have airline privileges, so I can crash your elopement too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mutley, after I have some babies we'll have to set up a Knottie play date or something. Oceana wants us to go to Disney World someday. How fun would THAT be with kids? OMG.

I just made a post about my obsession with gift-giving, now I want to make a post about my obsession with seeing things through a child's eyes. Everything is sooooo amazing to them. I love that age where they're learning to form their own thoughts and communicate with other people. It just seems like every day they learn something new.

You have so much to look forward to!!!!

Man, motherhood must be absolutely amazing (not easy, I never said easy!). My mom and I had a long talk yesterday about what I was like as a kid. I was......... umm.... not BAD..... but certainly a handful. lol

Anyway, I guess I should backup, because I'm not quite to the babies yet, I still have to survive a wedding.

Kat, you're in luck! We're not taking a honeymoon until winter. We're staying at a nice hotel for two nights following the wedding, and then I'll be pretty much back to normal (like I was before my wedding snuck up on me). So I'll be happy to make a huuuuuge post about all the things I would advise engaged ladies to do and not do and whatever.

You know I will, too. Be looking for it.

A friend of mine really wants me to start a wedding-related blog after I get married. Seems backwards, but I kind of agree. I think I'll have some unique Jeana-style insight for other brides. I might do it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stop stop stop! It all goes too fast! 4 kids Mutley? I just almost agreed to trying for one (unlikely to be successful but hey - why spoil the fun) and he's gearing up for two. You want four. Hetshup has contacts at Paso Robles... I still don't have enough closet space here! Or a driver's license in this state. Or...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Paintgirl. You need a drink.

And an avatar. The big ol' generic Knot enagagement ring SO isn't you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paint - deep breaths lol
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I remember when Hetshup got engaged too.

I remember before she got engaged.

Eek.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'll be getting married almost exactly a year after I joined and started posting here.

I am so happy to have found this board and to be able to come here for giggles, hugs, advice, ideas, and just the right dose of snark. :)

I love having so many girls to share this process with! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lurve that everyone's tickers are getting closer!! I agree with Desert- It's so exciting to share the process with everyone! I'm honored to be included;)

Mutley you're having 4?!  I want 5 but people tell me I'm crazy:(

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jeana - Yes I do need a drink. :) But that must wait until tomorrow night. I can't wait to see your someday blog! I know it will be loaded with good info. I keep the generic one so I can be happy when it's CAKE. Right now I'm shoes. Booo.
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mutley will have it all down and then can tell us all how to do it , lol ;) I think it's great that you have such a loving environment to bring a children into , makes me so happy and giddy !

I think it;s great we can all come together , regardless of married , engaged , pregnant , dating , etc , to help each other and have that support circle through our individual relationships, jobs , life events , it's something I definitely appreciate having next to no real life friends and family. I love seeing everyone get closer to their goals and weddings and children , it's such an amazing feeling to feel a part of something more than just our own lives.

I <3 you all.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, we're gettin' too mushy here.  Where are all those uppity bitches I used to know?  lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, uppity bitches.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL yeah I visited that site the other day and showed FI and he laughed. I talk about you ladies all the time to him and he thinks its cute :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards