Not Engaged Yet
Options

Bridemaids

Sorry for posting all these questions, but this is a question I have always wondered. Do I have to have a maid of honor? Or can I have two? The reason I'm asking is because I am a triplet and have twin stepsisters, and I know I want them all to be part of my weddin, I know my stepsisters will be bridesmaids. But I wouldn't know which sister to pick to be a maid of honor, because both of my actual sisters are my best friends and I am close with both of them, and I wouldn't know how to choose one to be Maid of Honor, so I figured I could have two MOH or no MOH.

Re: Bridemaids

• Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either option would be perfectly fine.  You do not need to have a maid of honor but if you want, it is absolutely fine to have two maids of honor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 2.  There are no rules.  Do whatever you want!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have two. And make them flip a coin to decide who will stand closest to you during the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i just don't know who would stand closest to me! Or how to decide...a coin flip would be probably my only option.

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You guys could always work out a rotating system.  If sister 1 stands closest to you at your wedding, you stand closest to sister 2 at her wedding, then sister 2 stands closest when sister 1 gets married.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bridemaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:317e6cbc-b44e-4a4d-9c22-efc737f336daPost:ae312848-0403-4b12-a669-3cf94116c51e">Re: Bridemaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys could always work out a rotating system.  If sister 1 stands closest to you at your wedding, you stand closest to sister 2 at her wedding, then sister 2 stands closest when sister 1 gets married.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    This is what my best friend and her two sisters did and it worked really well because no one felt left out and it made it easier to make the decision.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if one person doesn't stand out, maybe you shouldn't have a MOH. You could certainly have 2, or you could just say everyone is a BM or MOH or whatever. No need to pick anyone to be super-special.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, the only way I can tell MOH from BM is if it's written in the program, so do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Are you and your sisters identical or fraternal triplets? Just curious.
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a firm believer in make your own rules - it's your and your FI's wedding. There is no right or wrong when it comes to making it your own. We defenitely didn't go the tradiotonal route in anything we did - and our wedding was pretty epic if I do say so myself :) Don't worry what other people think - who cares as long as you guys are happy with it all.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what you want! If you want 2 MOH go for it. If you want all sisters to be BMs do it that way.

I will throw in there that if you are getting married in a Catholic Church (and I only know this because I am) your MOH can sit or kneel near you on the alter while the BMs will sit off to the side or down in a pew. I'm sure you can have the two girls with you or decide to have no one near you. I just know that all of the weddings I've been to at Catholic churches, I've known exactly who the MOH is because of the location on the alter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! But I think I would go the two MOH route, I just wasn't sure if there was an unwritten rule saying you can't have two or none or whatever the case may be...the rotating thing I'm not sure if it would work because one of my sisters wants to get married in a courthouse(shes not much of a romantic) and the other one wants a small destination wedding in FL with no bridesmaids..But me and one of my sisters are identical, the other is fraternal. But I have blonde hair, one has  brown, one has black so we are all easy to tell apart:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your first inclination is to have your two sisters be MOHs then go for it. That is completely acceptable.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards