Not Engaged Yet

Double Post - Change to Best Accessory

Sorry for the double post! My computer is acting up today...

Let's turn this into a favorite accessory thread. What accessory could you not live without? Personally I am a scarf addict. I love them! Any color, fabric, pattern - I can't...stop...buying....them!

Re: Double Post - Change to Best Accessory

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Double post---newb...lol.

We first looked at rings in September, I think.  We picked out a ring then, but then fell in love with one in November.  I still don't have it.

You sound like you're in a good place.  Don't count on it, because you will ruin the surprise and drive yourself insane.  Just pretend like you never even looked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-shopping-engagement-timeline-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3209de59-af39-420f-9668-219c26500fccPost:aab1fa57-4fe9-4f5b-8aca-50a0565873bb">Re: Ring Shopping = Engagement Timeline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Double post---newb...lol. We first looked at rings in September, I think.  We picked out a ring then, but then fell in love with one in November.  I still don't have it. You sound like you're in a good place.  Don't count on it, because you will ruin the surprise and drive yourself insane.  Just pretend like you never even looked.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

ahh...I know. Oops! I changed it though...so it can now be something else!   :P
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shoes. I love shoes. I love how they can easily change an outfit.

I also adore headbands. I have lots of fancy ones.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-shopping-engagement-timeline-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3209de59-af39-420f-9668-219c26500fccPost:7b8f76a6-282b-41f8-828d-e5a282a0ee69">Re: Double Post - Change to Best Accessory</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shoes. I love shoes. I love how they can easily change an outfit. I also adore <strong>headbands</strong>. I have lots of fancy ones.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

I have recently gotten in to wearing headbands.  I love them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Headbands give me a headache, but I love how they look!

I love earrings.  I have tons, and I usually will buy earrings as souveniers in places that I travel since I know I'll get lots of use out of them, and I can always think, "I bought this when I was in X" every time I put them on!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-shopping-engagement-timeline-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3209de59-af39-420f-9668-219c26500fccPost:47535d85-fa2c-43c0-947d-3c5d152755df">Re: Double Post - Change to Best Accessory</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Headbands give me a headache, but I love how they look!</strong>I love earrings.  I have tons, and I usually will buy earrings as souveniers in places that I travel since I know I'll get lots of use out of them, and I can always think, "I bought this when I was in X" every time I put them on!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

I wish I could wear headbands - but I have the same problem as Cate!
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I look terrible in headbands but I love them on other people. My favorite accessory is shoes, and lately, a good watch. I recently have started wearing bracelets and my watch on the same arm. It doesn't work with every combination, but some of them look really good together. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    I really like scarves too, but here its always too warm to need them and then I just feel silly.

I have a necklace of a dove outline from James Avery that I wear on a daily basis.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a ring (not my engagement ring) that I wear everyday and don't take it off. Actually, I wear this ring more than my engagement ring I believe.... haha
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm a shoe and bag girl.  My mother makes fun of me constantly if these things get asked for for Christmas/Birthday.

I'm super weird about hair stuff though.  I wear glasses most of the time, and I hate the way they look, so I refuse to wear my hair up or in a headband if I'm wearing them.  I know, weird, but hey.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a purse girl also, and shoes, and hair, hats, scarves. Pretty much anything.

There are (were) three things I wear everyday. My promise ring from M, the necklace he bought me when we first started dating, and the charm bracelet he got me for our 6 month. Sadly, I lost the charm bracelet about two months ago. I was heartbroken.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a scrunchie girl...I have 2 or 3 scrunchies in my purse at all times and try to have one matching or at least a similar color in my pocket so I can throw my hair back whenever I need to.  I even make scrunchies to sell at the fall craft shows with my mom and I make them in every holiday (I usually make those for kids to wear and I generally only wear solid colored ones).
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear stretchy headbands most of the time because those ones don't give me headaches :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-shopping-engagement-timeline-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3209de59-af39-420f-9668-219c26500fccPost:a0066deb-638c-4929-b005-41eb320f7cbf">Re: Double Post - Change to Best Accessory</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wear stretchy headbands most of the time because those ones don't give me headaches :)
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

That's a good point Bren - I wear those for the gym! Do they make cute stretchy ones?? I've never seen them.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-shopping-engagement-timeline-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3209de59-af39-420f-9668-219c26500fccPost:5e0aac8d-8e1f-41ac-8a63-58d4cbf1bc30">Re: Double Post - Change to Best Accessory</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Double Post - Change to Best Accessory : That's a good point Bren - I wear those for the gym! Do they make cute stretchy ones?? I've never seen them.
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

They make tons. Mine aren't stretchy gym ones (I do have some lululemon ones for that) but I have a stretchy one that's a braid which matches my hair colour. I always get compliments on that one. I have a stretchy band one (really thin) with a flower on it too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards