Not Engaged Yet
Options

What to do during a maintenance visit

I'm just curious because I have a guy coming at 3 to check our electricity. I don't know how long the visit will take. Am I supposed to stay with him at all times or is that rude? Is it rude to go do something else? I don't really know what's appropriate.
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: What to do during a maintenance visit

• Options
    That's a good idea. Never thought to just ask, lol.

The weirdest part is he'll probably be going through rooms checking different things and it's weird to be alone in your bedroom with another man, but even weirder to have him in there by himself, even if it is just down the hall.
    -Ely

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_during-maintenance-visit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:330e8607-8ff0-4b81-aa9f-5fb9d99a5cd4Post:54f69fcb-0ae6-49ac-a444-d553276179f1">Re: What to do during a maintenance visit</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do during a maintenance visit : Yeah, I used to feel that way, too, but because I work at home and Mo doesn't, I'm ALWAYS the person who is there for this kind of thing. I'm used to it now. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Lol, guess that's something I have to get used to too then, huh? Maybe he'll have the other guy with him too. It's less awkward for me if there are more than just the 2 of us. I have extreme shy issues though, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    I have a more flexible work schedule than FI, so I'm usually the one home for maintenance calls, too. I usually ask if they need me, and tell them I'll be in the living room if they have any questions. I make sure to put any valuables out of sight, just so there is no temptation, but I'm pretty trusting otherwise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Just went and did a quick check for any valuables and anything that would be embarrassing, lol. I hope he doesn't need to know a lot because I don't understand electricity at all!
    -Ely

• Options
    No luck. He has no idea what happened. He does think the numbers are insane though.

And now I'm not in the mood to do my workout, lol. I just want ice cream. I don't get a period, but I very much feel like I'm PMSing today.
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards