Not Engaged Yet
Options

Facebook Timeline

So I changed my profile to "Facebook Timeline" today www.facebook.com/about/timeline

It's interesting. Apparently everyone is converting in 7 days??
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2011-12-15/facebook-profile-timeline/51971576/1

I think I like it, because I love comparing what my life was like years ago, because it has changed so much- and I'm so happy.

So here are some snapshots from my facebook from years gone by (which facebook seem to pick out for you:

2005- Joined Facebook:
-"It is about time you got on facebook! Can't wait till you turn 21. Much love to ya"
-"Good Luck on Finals!"

2009- "I got a job offer!!! Not only did I find a job in this economy- in California- in this economy- but I found a job that I really want!! Hooray!"

Hm...My Timeline is actually REALLY boring.

However- it did showcase this awesome picture Lauren posted on my FB wall: 

Does anyone have a less boring timeline?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Facebook Timeline

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Meh I don't think most people will really care about my timeline or read it so it's not that big of a deal. I guess the privacy settings on it would be my only concern. I'm more annoyed with the new 'cover photo' thing in that it blows up the picture so big that I'm going to have to upload high res versions of the photos I already have on FB if I want to use them for that purpose.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not looking forward to converting. I've been on facebook too long and seeing the beginning of it will just embarrass me. ;)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't changed mine yet, but I saw a preview of it in my Facebook Marketing seminar on Tuesday. I'm not sure I like it so much, it kind of reminds me of MySpace. And I'm not sure how I'd like that timeline. It's cool, but also really big brother-ish in a way. IDK I'm still undecided.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea how the privacy settings work yet. LOL. Good thing I don't post much on FB.
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_facebook-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3bed79b7-0739-446f-893f-24637e083d61Post:af3c0290-1926-46e4-b539-2b94265495b7">Re: Facebook Timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]This from the article makes me nervous: If you've put embarrassing photos or posts on Facebook, you'll have seven days after switching to Timeline to prune them from your profile before Timeline becomes the default look on your profile page. Am I really going to have to go through and delete pictures? In 7 days? Before Christmas? And what about how people view my profile? I have several people (family members, work) on limited profile...I<strong> don't want them to see everything. And I don't really want photos of me and my exes, which are buried down in my albums places, front and center on my page. WTF. 
    </strong>Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

These were my thoughts exactly. I think it could be really interesting, and fun to look at at first. But I don't like that they are making me "prune" my profile in a very short timeline before they basically say, "Tough shiit, too late. We're going to shove your past in your face now, enjoy!"
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm.  I've heard mixed things about it, but haven't done it myself. I guess I'll see how it all goes down before I freak about it. As it is, pretty soon I'll have to put my facebook on super uber lockdown since I'll be a teacher (aka not searchable).
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It says "Only the people you originally shared a post with can see it on your timeline. If you want, you can go back and change who sees a post, delete it or just hide it from your timeline." But still... That's a lot of freakin work... I wish they would have given you a clean slate and you had to choose which stories you wanted to be a part of your timeline.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I just changed mine, and not my favorite. I did find where Jeff wrote on my wall when we were just 11 days before beginning to date:

"it's spelled 'course' Hope. i figured i'd let you in on that before you embarass yourself a third time haha. i'll let it fly, 'jeffrey' is usually what my family calls me, everyone else says 'jeff' or 'ffej' or betterman. Call me what you want."

HISTORY!! hahaha
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I FINALLY know when I joined Facebook! 6/6/05! Woooo!!

And the first wall post I got was from a guy I met in Germany :D!

[QUOTE]<span class="translationEligibleUserMessage">Allie!!! Ganz herzlich Willkommen bei Facebook und natürlich auch in Ohio! Ich freue mich schon sehr, dass du jetzt näher sein wirst und wir müssen uns unbedingt treffen, nachdem wir beide wieder in Ohio sind. Ein schöner Summer wünsche ich dir![/QUOTE]

I am pleased with this timeline.

</span>

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_facebook-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3bed79b7-0739-446f-893f-24637e083d61Post:bc2975b5-eb48-4d1a-9424-a5e44948011e">Re: Facebook Timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]It says "Only the people you originally shared a post with can see it on your timeline. If you want, you can go back and change who sees a post, delete it or just hide it from your timeline." But still... That's a lot of freakin work... I wish they would have given you a clean slate and you had to choose which stories you wanted to be a part of your timeline.
    Posted by Ollie08[/QUOTE]

Yes- a clean slate would you have been AWESOME!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do not want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Its exactly what I want to know about myself, and others... But NOT what I want others to know about me! ha

I switched, it is wicked slow.

I already went through and deleted/untagged most of my unlikeable photos a while back cause I'm a dork like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate that facebook keeps changing stuff - why can't they just leave it alone?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm totally confused, I guess I will have to long onto facebook at some point to see what it's about... I don't go on as much as I used to.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_facebook-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3bed79b7-0739-446f-893f-24637e083d61Post:65b0b116-dbea-4e64-a591-14be3bab5c87">Re: Facebook Timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm totally confused, I guess I will have to long onto facebook at some point to see what it's about... I don't go on as much as I used to.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]
    I <em>live</em> on Facebook.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really should just delete my facebook.  With all the changes that happen on there, I never really want to get on.  I really don't like the sound of this change.
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My new thing is removing all my 'likes'. I'm sick of seeing status updates from my sorority, the movie Bridesmaids, and Dunkin Donuts, etc. I only want to read about the people I'm actually connected with.
  • Options
    nyc1210nyc1210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have a "valid" reason for deleting my profile. I just got bored with it. Now, I can tell people it's because of the timeline. Haha. When I first started, I was living with a guy that isn't my FI. (We didn't even know each other then.) So, I'd really rather not have all that pop up. Plus, FI was married when he started his. Again, not something I'd like to see. So, I'm glad we both deleted ours earlier this week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_facebook-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3bed79b7-0739-446f-893f-24637e083d61Post:bb826f2c-9f38-4641-9c55-eab905535dbe">Re: Facebook Timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really should just delete my facebook.  With all the changes that happen on there, I never really want to get on.  I really don't like the sound of this change.
    Posted by alyaki[/QUOTE]

I really like it because I've been able to go back and see what I was doing over the last 6.5 years. I barely remember the time between 2003 and 2007 because of mental issues and medication, so it's been nice to go back and remember things I'd completely forgotten.

• Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I'm afraid to see what will pop up... pictures I'm not TOO worried about since I went though and deleted a LOT of the wilder ones years ago, and untagged a lot of them too. I moved most my older photos into a couple of albums. So all the pics of exes are gone, unless fb pulls them up again somehow.

I'm more worried about the statuses I posted and the comments left on my wall since I've been on Facebook since I was 18... and I'm 25 now. World of difference, I have nothing in common with my 18 year old self.

The timing of this is weird too, I don't think I'll have time to really fine tune everything in 7 days, but I guess I have no choice, huh?

I am kind of interested to see what will come up though, like what will be highlighted the most.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards