Not Engaged Yet
Options

I Have No Patience!

I find out today whether or not I got the job I interviewed for last week. It's almost 1 o'clock and I haven't heard yet. It's driving me bonkers! I just want to know! (I think my studying would go better if that was off my mind, too.)

Wanna make bets on when I finally hear? The office closes at 4:30. Go!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.

Re: I Have No Patience!

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm personally voting for 3:05, which sucks, cause it means 2 more hours :( They said it would be today at the latest, so I was really hoping to hear yesterday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I interviewed last week for a job, too.  I was supposed to hear from them this week....I haz not. :-(

Booo for interviewers taking too much time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may not have heard from the interview but guess what?! You'll be in Costa Rica in THREE DAYS!!!!

You're in Eastern time?? I'm going to say 1:36. They'll be back from lunch and ready for biznezzz. Are they going to call you regardless?
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    4:28 pm.
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    4:20.  They have a sick sense of humor.
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    edited December 2011
    Wrkn, Elle - Not funny (but likely true)...I have a feeling they will leave it to the last minute. Wrkn, this week isn't technically over yet, so you could still hear back yourself.

EKath - Yes, I am under the impression that I will hear either way. By your guess, I only have to wait another 15 minutes :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_patience-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3da33083-e99b-44a4-9fcf-62af45d501f7Post:0a2c731c-f607-4683-9def-f9d22ba03ab3">Re: I Have No Patience!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wrkn, Elle - Not funny (but likely true)...I have a feeling they will leave it to the last minute. Wrkn, <strong>this week isn't technically over yet, so you could still hear back yourself.</strong> EKath - Yes, I am under the impression that I will hear either way. By your guess, I only have to wait another 15 minutes :)
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

Hope so.

They told me they would call me to let me know their decision either way.  I was the first person they interviewed and they wanted to interview at least two more.

I just saw a confidential lising on Craigslist posted today that I'm 90% sure is for the job.  That makes me sads.
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_patience-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3da33083-e99b-44a4-9fcf-62af45d501f7Post:75649b49-01f9-42db-87b1-e458b26d407a">Re: I Have No Patience!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Have No Patience! : Hope so. They told me they would call me to let me know their decision either way.  I was the first person they interviewed and they wanted to interview at least two more. I just saw a confidential lising on Craigslist posted today that I'm 90% sure is for the job.  That makes me sads.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, you never know, and I'll cross my fingers for you!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wrkn- If they told you they'd call either way, I'd call them back. I figure if they plan on hiring you in the first place, you calling them won't change their mind and it would only make them think more highly of you. If they didn't plan on hiring you, who cares what they think about you calling them.
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Beads - I'm hoping it's two minutes from when I send this post, but I'm thinking it will be Monday. While the company might have *thought* they'd be done with the process by now, it's possible it took longer than they thought. Have a glass of wine, paint your toenails and get ready for the WEEKEND!!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_patience-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3da33083-e99b-44a4-9fcf-62af45d501f7Post:bf4734fb-c172-45f2-ae7e-a3f071fc1d9d">Re: I Have No Patience!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wrkn- If they told you they'd call either way, I'd call them back. I figure if they plan on hiring you in the first place, you calling them won't change their mind and it would only make them think more highly of you. If they didn't plan on hiring you, who cares what they think about you calling them.
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid to overload them.  I sent a Thank You e-mail the next day, and then I contacted a person who works for one of their sub-companies.  He was supposed to tell HR he knew me and put in a good word.

My name is in their brains.  I don't want to look like a pesky toddler.
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    edited December 2011
    As of 3:00:15 pm exactly, I got the job! Woohoo! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_patience-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3da33083-e99b-44a4-9fcf-62af45d501f7Post:21de821a-7e53-41b8-8fb5-1d01e157ed2e">Re: I Have No Patience!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As of 3:00:15 pm exactly, I got the job! Woohoo! 

Yaaaaaaaay!  I think you won your own contest...
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_patience-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3da33083-e99b-44a4-9fcf-62af45d501f7Post:21de821a-7e53-41b8-8fb5-1d01e157ed2e">Re: I Have No Patience!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As of 3:00:15 pm exactly, I got the job! Woohoo! 

WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! Congrats!
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_patience-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3da33083-e99b-44a4-9fcf-62af45d501f7Post:2c21a7ec-452c-4cff-8517-e588ae72f95e">Re: I Have No Patience!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Have No Patience! : Yaaaaaaaay!  I think you won your own contest...
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha ya, I think so too...</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    woo hoo!!!! Congrats!
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_patience-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3da33083-e99b-44a4-9fcf-62af45d501f7Post:1f806ad1-f0db-4d46-89ab-59e14210908c">Re: I Have No Patience!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Have No Patience! : Haha ya, I think so too...

So that's two wins in one afternoon -- the job and the time.  You're on fire.  Buy a lottery ticket!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Both for getting your job and for the end of your torture! 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay congrats

Anniversary

• Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, B!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Congrats!!!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! (PS... What is the job?)
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    edited December 2011
    Ember - Haha, right...I forgot that part in my impatience. It's a part-time job on campus for next winter when I'm in full time-classes again giving tours of my school. It's one of those 'looks great on a resume' jobs, and also offers a good opportunity to network on campus. So, I'm pretty excited. Plus I think the team I get to work with is pretty rockin (or so I've heard).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards