Not Engaged Yet
Options

Ask me anything!

Morning ladies!!  It's early-early out west; I was up getting ready to fly but then got a phone call from our boom operator that he's sick and can't fly.  (the boom operator is the guy in the back of our jet that operates the boom for air-refueling)  Anyway, we can't fly without him so it looks like I'm here all day!!  Lots of coordination and phone calls to make but for right now . . . ask me anything!!  It's not often I have pretty much a whole day with nothing happening!!

Re: Ask me anything!

• Options
    How did you decide you wanted to fly airplanes?

What did you have for breakfast?

What's a good snack to eat before going to work out?

What's your favorite color?

• Options
    Favorite alcoholic beverage

favorite movie quote

Favorite quote

Best words to live by

Sushi? Yay or nay? If Yay - favorite type of sushi

Favorite wine?

Most hated part about planning a wedding, other than budget :-P
  • Options
    How did you decide you wanted to fly airplanes?
    I grew up with my dad flying and when I was much younger, just kind of thought of it as his job.  Then, I was pre-med in college and wasn't really happy with that.  So I was kind of looking for something else but had no clue what I wanted that to be.  One Sunday I went flying with my dad and it was this beautiful, smooth perfect morning.  He let me fly a bit, as usual, but something clicked that day and when we landed, I asked him to teach me to fly.  He started giving me lessons, then sent me to get my private pilot's license.  I was in the Air National Guard as a medical lab technician then so when they had an ad for pilot new-hire interviews, I sent in my package.  I interviewed in 2002, they hired me and I went to Air Force pilot training from 2004-5.  Then I transferred to the Reserves but am flying the same airplane I did in the Guard.  Kind of a round-about story but there it is!

What did you have for breakfast?
    Chobani yogurt with black cherry fruit

What's a good snack to eat before going to work out?
    A banana

What's your favorite color?
    I LOVE the word "cerulean" and it used to be my favorite color but now I like a more muted blue. 
  • Options
    Um, do you have a car at your disposal? If so, I think you should come meet me! Dress fitting is at 1, just sayin'.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Favorite alcoholic beverage
    Red wine.  And vodka.  Not together.  I usually just mix vodka with diet 7-up or sprite but sometimes I add some sort of fruit juice too.  Pretty simple.

favorite movie quote
    Iceman: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
    Maverick: That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous.

Top Gun . . . full of fantastic quotes!!

Favorite quote
    Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
        Epicurus

Best words to live by
    I'll stay with the quotes for this one:  "Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda
    Also, a favorite from my dad.  I haven't mastered this one yet but I keep working at it:  "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."  Granted, there are times when you SHOULDN'T keep your mouth shut but he told me that right before I left for pilot training and the advice worked really well there!

Sushi? Yay or nay? If Yay - favorite type of sushi
    YAY!!  Hamachi or butterfish.  Butterfish is hard to find but sooo good!

Favorite wine?
    In general, red.  We drink a lot of the Mengage a Trois, Wild Horse pinot noir and Blackstone pinot noir.  Nothing fancy - all under $10. 

Most hated part about planning a wedding, other than budget.
    WOW.  The budget is by far the worst and most stressful.  But other than that, the guest list.  Originally it was SO easy.  We had this small-ish guest list - 140 of which we thought 120-135 might show and that was great.  We quickly figured out that wasn't going to work.  I think we're up to 175 invited and it sounds like most of those people will come.  Then people keep popping out of the wood work through our parents . . . we're going to have to put some feet down and I don't look forward to that.
  • Options
    Um, do you have a car at your disposal? If so, I think you should come meet me! Dress fitting is at 1, just sayin'.

AAGHHHHH - seriously!?!?!  How far away from here?  The other pilot had to take the government car in to help coordinate.  He's also supposed to do an F-16 incentive ride this afternoon but maybe I can get the car back from him before 1.  I know there's a mileage limit on it but I'll have to check how far I can take it, if I can get it from him.  STANDBY Tiger . . . we may get to meet afterall!!!!
  • Options
    Hmm, I'm guessing it's 40 miles each way. All highway and in the middle of the day it should be an easy trip!!

• Options
    What's your favorite part about planning a wedding?

If you could own a vacation home anywhere, where would it be?

Least favorite place you've ever traveled?

Favorite place you've ever traveled?

Do you have a middle name? If so, what is it?
  • Options
    Oooook, I'm going to try and arrange to use the car.  We have weird rules on government vehicles mileage-wise so that might end up being a factor.  I'm having the other pilot check the info on that.  Did you know you also can't take a government vehicle to a strip club?  Luckily, I'm sure we can avoid that.  But there's a reason for the rule . . . someone must have taken one there!!  They're pretty distinctive looking if you're familiar with the license plate so I'm sure people got "caught" having their vehicles in inappropriate places!
  • Options
    What's your favorite part about planning a wedding?
    Doing things with FI.  We designed our STDs together and he had some really good ideas for that - so that was fun.  And also, it's fun thinking of things together.  He keeps me laughing through the whole process so I feel like it's bringing us even closer.  I didn't think that was even possible!!

If you could own a vacation home anywhere, where would it be?
    Kauai!!  Oh, or Lake Tahoe.  Kauai is amazing but the airfare is expensive.  Tahoe is just an 8-10 hour drive so not so bad.  I'd be ok with either!

Least favorite place you've ever traveled?
    Qatar.  We get stuck on base, it's hot, I usually have to sleep in a tent with a bunch of other girls who come and go all night long.  Group showers.  Ugh.  It's part of being in the military sometimes and it's really a small sacrifice.  I'm sure there are wonderful parts of Qatar to visit but I'll never see them.

Favorite place you've ever traveled?
    REALLY hard to give just one.  For work, one of my favorites is the Greek island of Crete.  Also England - if we have a day off to explore.  For fun, Venice, Italy or Kauai.

Do you have a middle name? If so, what is it?
    I do!  Elizabeth.  My first name is actually Mary . . . so "Mary Elizabeth" is the entire thing.  As you might guess, mom's super catholic (I'm recovering).  "Meg" came from my initials.  It's what my dad always called me.  Fortunately FI's last name starts with a G too so my initials don't have to change!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4294efda-f7c7-48d3-a568-f6a61cf57035Post:c906a21b-3b2b-454e-94b1-13ce20a94aae">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's your favorite part about planning a wedding? Doing things with FI.  We designed our STDs together and he had some really good ideas for that - so that was fun.  And also, it's fun thinking of things together.  He keeps me laughing through the whole process so I feel like it's bringing us even closer.  I didn't think that was even possible!! If you could own a vacation home anywhere, where would it be? Kauai!!  Oh, or Lake Tahoe.  Kauai is amazing but the airfare is expensive.  Tahoe is just an 8-10 hour drive so not so bad.  I'd be ok with either! Least favorite place you've ever traveled? Qatar.  We get stuck on base, it's hot, I usually have to sleep in a tent with a bunch of other girls who come and go all night long.  Group showers.  Ugh.  It's part of being in the military sometimes and it's really a small sacrifice.  I'm sure there are wonderful parts of Qatar to visit but I'll never see them. Favorite place you've ever traveled? REALLY hard to give just one.  For work, one of my favorites is the Greek island of Crete.  Also England - if we have a day off to explore.  For fun, Venice, Italy or Kauai. Do you have a middle name? If so, what is it? I do!  Elizabeth.  <strong>My first name is actually Mary . . . so "Mary Elizabeth" is the entire thing.  As you might guess, mom's super catholic (I'm recovering).  "Meg" came from my initials.  It's what my dad always called me.  Fortunately FI's last name starts with a G too so my initials don't have to change!</strong>
    Posted by flygirlmeg[/QUOTE]

<div>This is so cute! And so, so Catholic! Haha! My Dad is super Catholic, too. My mom and brother call me by middle name, but my Dad never has. He's very formal. Did your mom call you Mary Elizabeth together like that? or did she adapt to Meg like your dad?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4294efda-f7c7-48d3-a568-f6a61cf57035Post:4b50f243-2c2a-4d3b-9c3d-2accbe8d1ad3">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything! : This is so cute! And so, so Catholic! Haha! My Dad is super Catholic, too. My mom and brother call me by middle name, but my Dad never has. He's very formal. <strong>Did your mom call you Mary Elizabeth together like that? or did she adapt to Meg like your dad?</strong>
    Posted by DanieKA[/QUOTE]

Oh, she STILL calls me Mary Elizabeth!!  When I was little I made everyone call me that.  Then when I went to middle school I changed to just Mary.  She never changed and I was ok with that . . . she made me anyways so I think she gets to call me whatever she wants!! 
    What's your middle name?
  • Options
    47 miles to dress fitting
    37 miles to my house

Let's do this! :)

• Options
    It's happening Tiger!!!!  (I just texted you)
  • Options
    What kind of jets do you fly? Ever been to Nellis?
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    You GUUUUUYYYYSS!!  I'm really excited!!  I get to see Tiger today!!  And she's doing her dress fitting and I get to go!!!  I'm about to go work out and get ready but I'll answer questions first:

Okay, what's your favorite rainy day activity?
    Pinning.  And crafting.  And watching football with FI if it's football season.  Cuddle on the couch together!

If you could choose any exotic pet, what would you get?
    An Earl!!

How much do you love PINTEREST?
    ADORE it!!!  It has the most amazing things one there and really helps me keep track of all the fascinating things on the interwebs.

And how do you have such lovely hair?
    Seriously?  I do?  I think it's just plain, brown hair but thank you Tarra! I don't use fancy shampoo . . . just the Organix coconut milk one from the grocery store.  I started using argan oil recently too.  And I take fish oil.  I think that makes it shinier.

What kind of jets do you fly?
    KC-135s (<--clicky)

Ever been to Nellis?

YES!!  Not lately but I've been there on work trips quite a bit.  Also, one of my very  best friends used to be stationed there so I visited her there a few times as well.

P.S.. - Audgie, do you ever miss being the mod? 
  • Options
    That is awesome. I lived on Nellis from 06-08. That's where DD learned to sleep through anything. She even slept through Red Flag in the early morning. I don't miss modding one bit.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    Yaga - yes!  And I love Crete!  I've also been to Santorini and Mykonos on vacation and loved them both.  It was just on a cruise so I really didn't get to spend a ton of time on those islands and would love to go back.  Onto your questions:
    Favorite band?
    My Morning Jacket
    What kind of music do you like to listen to?
    I think the genre would be American Rock/Southern Rock or something like that.  Besides MMJ I love Band of Horses, Wilco, JJ Grey & Mofro.  I also looove me some Jack Johnson, Bob Marley, Violent Femmes.  I ipod is full of lots of different things!
    How often do you listen to music?
    Definitely whenever I'm working out.  And driving.  I also listen to podcasts while driving - Savage Love and Stuff Mom Never Told You are my favs. 
    Are there certain things you like to listen to when you work out, drive, clean the house?
    Oh yeah.  My work out music is more pop-y.  Madonna, Beastie Boys, Kanye, AC/DC, Britney.  Even Gloria Gaynor.  Cleaning house . . . I actually have an "around the house" playist for that!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ask-me-anything-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4294efda-f7c7-48d3-a568-f6a61cf57035Post:58d9ceaa-e13f-44f0-8e79-42908802bef5">Re: Ask me anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is awesome. I lived on Nellis from 06-08. That's where DD learned to sleep through anything. She even slept through Red Flag in the early morning. I don't miss modding one bit.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

Those years were when I was there the most!  I even did a Red Flag somewhere in there!!  I can't believe your DD learned to sleep through that.  Those fighters are super loud.  Sound of freedom is what I like to call it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards