Not Engaged Yet
Options

Anyone watch...

Extreme Couponing?

This show both fascinates me and infuriates me. It also makes me realize just how different Canada and the US are because these levels of savings would be impossible here.

Do you watch it? What do you think of it?

Re: Anyone watch...

• Options
    PP&MMPP&MM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do!
    I love that show, it's amazing!
    But it frustrates me galore.....i hate that we cant do it in Canada!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen a few episodes.  It's fascinating but at the same time I don't think it's worth it to put so much time into clipping and buying coupons online. 

I'm a pretty savvy shopper and I stock up on food and other products when it's really cheap, but I wouldn't take it that far.  I think some of those people who keep the stuff in their house and fill up entire rooms with it have issues.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE that show, and sometimes try to get some of the savings that the people in the show are able to work out, but none of the supermarkets near me double or triple coupons like their supermarkets do, so I save $$ but I've never gotten anything for free. Plus, I don't pay for 10,000 of the same coupon (who needs that much mustard anyway??). I have been super happy the past week or so because CVS has had a ton of cosmetics for 75% off. I got a bunch of nail polishes for .49 and yesterday I got some nice Rimmel blush for $1.49. 
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-watch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:42c8a790-2657-42c6-9be0-c497023ebb5aPost:4145cf50-cbe3-4ac2-832e-0d49bce97c60">Re: Anyone watch...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen a few episodes.  It's fascinating but at the same time I don't think it's worth it to put so much time into clipping and buying coupons online.  I'm a pretty savvy shopper and I stock up on food and other products when it's really cheap, but I wouldn't take it that far.  I think some of those people who keep the stuff in their house and fill up entire rooms with it have issues.
    Posted by ADTonk[/QUOTE]

All of this.  I'm impressed that you just bought $2800 worth of crap for $187, but it took you HOURS to plan all that and where the heck are you going to put it?

BF would absolutely kill me if we had an entire room of extra crap. 
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do however like the guy who gets a few thousand dollars worth of crap for like $6 and donates all of it.  Now THAT makes sense. 

I have a pantry for the extra stuff in my basement and a small pantry in the ktichen for the stuff that I use a lot.  I REFUSE to store paper products on my bed and in my bathtub.  Hoarding much?
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I watched yesterday's show and thought the one woman was incredibly sweet for doing that for her grandma. I think these people could get paid to do this at food banks, etc.

I also respected her when she said she orders ahead because "clearing shelves is bad". I've seen other episodes where it almost seems like that is their goal. FI gets furious when he sees them taking 60 bottles of mustard and not leaving any for anyone else.

The woman from Arizona with 6 freezers confused me. How much are they paying in electricity?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fascinating, but like PPs said it takes hours and hours to collect all those coupons and research deals. Way too much work for me..and maybe I'd do it if I didn't have a job lol.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's interesting...

but for the amount of time they invest in grocery savings, they could get a part time job...and basically break even.
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For someone that buys 60 bottles of mustard. Mustard in my house lasts forever, so I have no idea how long 60 bottles lasts.

That being said, if I went to someone's house for a bbq and they brought out a bottle of mustard in packaging from 1995 I don't know what my reaction would be.

• Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I watch it sometimes. It makes Josh mad. There was a woman from Arizona? I don't remember that episode. Was that on the new one? I think it's great when they donate a lot of what they buy. Nobody needs 60 bottles of mustard for themselves, even if they have a big family. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-watch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:42c8a790-2657-42c6-9be0-c497023ebb5aPost:5c9057c7-0397-4a0d-9017-f1e82bf267c6">Re: Anyone watch...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I watched yesterday's show and thought the one woman was incredibly sweet for doing that for her grandma.<strong> I think these people could get paid to do this at food banks, etc.</strong> I also respected her when she said she orders ahead because "clearing shelves is bad". I've seen other episodes where it almost seems like that is their goal. FI gets furious when he sees them taking 60 bottles of mustard and not leaving any for anyone else. The woman from Arizona with 6 freezers confused me. How much are they paying in electricity?
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

Hazel_B - What a great idea! 
    I do wonder how much money they spend on buying the coupons in order to get these great deals.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you see the episode where they saved so much money they could take their vacation? Hm....then it made me think- "Well...that's kinda nice."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards